Chapter 20

Destiny's Game (Season 1)

            “How long has she been acting that way?” Onew said. “Every single time you go on tour.” TaecYeon answered. 2PM and SHINee were on a restaurant nearby. “But why? I don’t understand.” Key said. TaeMin was all silent. “It was me.” TaeMin said. “TaeMin.” JongHyun said. “I told her, on the night of her 15th birthday, I wanted to see something from her when we see her every after our tour.” TaeMin said. “I never knew she would take it seriously.” He then covered his face with his hands and started to cry. “I’m so sorry. I’m so sorry I told her such things.” He added.

            All the hyungs attention went to him. “TaeMin ah, it’s not your fault.” JunSu said. “Yes TaeMin.” Onew added. “It’s nobody’s fault. Let’s just pray for her recovery soon.” Key said. Soon 2PM had to leave for a commercial shoot. SHINee was still with AeLin all the way until they also have to leave for a rehearsal. Press also gathered outside AeLin’s room hoping to get a glimpse of her in her hospital bed. “Can’t they give you any prvacy?” SaeKo said. She was the only one in the room with her that time.

            Then the door opened. “AeLin!” her umma came. “Don’t you come in!” her oppa and appa followed. “SaeKo, what happened to her?” OkRyo said. Her umma was holding AeLin’s hand. “She has anemia. From what 2PM and I observed, every time SHINee goes on tour, she always tends to do her best and occupy herself with work. She eats less food and sleeps less.” SaeKo answered. “Oh my AeLin.” Her umma said. “She’s really hard working.” Her appa said. “How long has this been happening?” OkHyun said. “Every 2 months for the past 3 years ago.” SaeKo said.

            “We can’t really put the blame on SHINee. They didn’t know.” OkRyo said. OkHyun said. “Good thing 2PM was there with her, at least to lighten up her world whenever SHINee wasn’t around.” AeEul said. “Does JYP know about this?” OkRyo said. “Yes he does actually. We just didn’t let 2PM know yet.” AeEul replied. “I guess this costs us meeting her for next month.” OkRyo said. “What? This still costs us? But isn’t this an exemption?” AeEul said. “No it’s not.” OkRyo replied. “SM has gotten really strict with her after her first year.” He added.

            The next day she was still unconscious. “Goodbye AeLin. Take care of her SaeKo okay?” AeEul said. AeEul actually spent the night with AeLin because SaeKo was also sent to SM Entertainment the day before. “I will unnie.” SaeKo replied. 12:20 pm. She finally woke up. “Unnie?” she said opening her eyes. “AeLin!” SaeKo said. “You’re awake!” she added. “Unnie.” AeLin said again. She tried to sit up. “No AeLin. Just lay down, you need to rest.” SaeKo said.

            “What happened?” she asked. “You fainted. You’ve been out for one day and a half. You don’t remember?” She answered. “One day and a half?! Really?!” AeLin replied. “Yes.” “The last thing I remember was me and TaeMin playing a racing game. Wait, did I win?” she asked SaeKo. SaeKo looked at her happy. “We were really worried you know; especially TaeMin.” SaeKo said and caressed her face. “TaeMin? Really? How come?” she said. “AeLin, you’ll be 18 soon. Sooner or later the two of you would figure out.” Then she smiled. She seems confused.

            “Hyung.” SHINee was attending a guest appearance in a radio station that day. As they waited for it to start they waited in a room first. “What is it TaeMin?” Key said. They were sitting there waiting as the members did their thing. “Well…uhm…I just wanted to ask if…well…if I’ve changed?” he said looking at the floor. Key seems to be curious. “Why are you asking that now? What’s wrong?” Key said. “Well, you see…uhm…well…nevermind.” He said and looked at Key and smiled. “He’s hiding something. Oh…it might be that.” Then he smiled as well.

            It was 3:30pm. “AeLin ah, I’ll be going out to buy some snacks. I’ll be back soon.” SaeKo said. “De, unnie.” AeLin replied. Moments after she left SHINee came to visit. “AeLin ah!” Onew came. “Oppa!” then they hugged. Key and JongHyun also hugged AeLin. “How are you?” Onew said. “Kenchala yo.” She replied with a smile. Then she looked at MinHo. MinHo’s eyes expressed what he had to say. She smirked. “Oppa.” She then opened her arms to him. They were in a hug.

            “Sorry to make you all worry.” She said. Then she laid her eyes on TaeMin, who she noticed was avoiding her gaze. “TaeMin ah.” She said. He didn’t reply. “TaeMin ah, don’t be afraid, I won’t bite you.” AeLin said. He didn’t move. “We’ll go outside first.” Key said and brought with him the other SHINee members. “Key.” Onew said. “AeLin and TaeMin need some alone time.” Key said. “You can see it too?” Onew said. “Yeah, ever since that first tour, they still kept on fighting, but something different kind of frew between them.” Key said. “Thank God I wasn’t the only one!” JongHyun said. MinHo didn’t say anything.

            “TaeMin ah, what’s wrong? Are you getting all sentimental here?” AeLin said. He was just silent, still not looking at her. He was actually just beside her, sitting down. She reached out her hand with the dextrose. “TaeMin oppa.” She said. TaeMin looked at her. He looked like he was about to cry. “Oah, what is this?” she said and smiled. TaeMin stood up and just hugged her tight. “Oppa.” She said. “Sorry. I’m very sorry.” He said tearing up. “Oppa, you didn’t do anything.” She said. “I’m really sorry.” He said. “I should be the one sorry. I shouldn’t have done those things.” AeLin said.

            “You really choose times like this to call me oppa don’t you.” TaeMin said while still in the hug. “It’s the only time I get soft with you so don’t push your luck.” She said and both of them laughed and broke the hug. Then they looked at each other. “There it is again. What the heck is this?” TaeMin said as he felt something in his chest. “Is something wrong?” AeLin said after seeing the expression on his face. “Yeah, uhm…I’m okay.” TaeMin replied. She gave out a sigh.

            “You know, you’ve been acting weird lately.” AeLin said. TaeMin looked at her a bit confused but curious. “Weird? In what way?” he asked. “Like now. You never get sentimental with me. We always fought and joked around. We get serious at times too, but not this much.” She answered. “I’ve been wondering about that too. How come you seem to do it as well?” he said. “Well, I’m not quite sure.” She answered. “Maybe it’s evolution.” TaeMin said. “Probably.” AeLin replied.

            “I told you this will happen.” JongHyun whispered. “No you didn’t, I did.” JunHo replied. “Whoever did, I can’t allow this. I can’t let TaeMin and AeLin get married like this. TaeMin has to court our little girl properly.” Umma Key said. Then the rest looked at Key. “What? I’m worried about them you know.” he added. JunHo, ChanSung, and WooYoung were the 1st ones to go to the hospital. The others were still in work.

            “Stop eavesdropping on them.” SaeKo came. “Unnie. Ah…well…we were just…” they panicked as she saw the members peeking through a small opening on the door. “TaeMin is there?” SaeKo said. “De.” MinHo replied. SaeKo as well peeked into the small opening. “They’re actually talking, and not fighting.” SaeKo said. “Come on let’s go in.” ChanSung said.

            They knocked on the door once and opened the door immediately hoping to get a glimpse of their oh-so-sweet and adorable scene. “2PM hyungs.” TaeMin said and stoop up acting like nothing happened. “TaeMin ah.” JunHo got his hand over his head. “How are you?” WooYoung said and went to her. “I’m fine. And you?” she replied with a smile. “We’re fine, don’t worry.” ChanSung replied. “We came here as soon as we heard you already woke up. The other 4 still have something scheduled. They’ll be here a little later.” JunHo said and smiled at her.

            “Oh yeah! I heard your 3rd album are still topping the charts in M!Countdown.” WooYoung said. “You’ve worked really hard AeLin.” ChanSung said. “Really? That should be off the charts now since I’m done promoting it. Thank you though!” She said and smiled. “So, what did you talk about??” JongHyun said being a gossip. “Jjong!” Onew said. “Oh…sorry.” The two got a bit awkward. “I just told her how stupid she was in not eating.” TaeMin said.

            “Ya! It’s not my fault! It was you-” then she stopped and the awkward feel was there again. “Come on now, she just woke up. Let’s celebrate.” SaeKo said trying to break the awkwardness. They talked and talked. Soon the other members of 2PM came. As the evening came SHINee and 2PM left. Someone then knocked on the door. “Who could it be?” SaeKo and AeLin were watching TV. She opened up the door. “Ommo,  SM-nim.” She said and let him in.

            “SM?” AeLin said as she heard SaeKo say. She was a bit nervous. “What made you visit?” SaeKo said. SM looked at AeLin with a rather strange face. “I heard you were hanging out with 2PM.” He said. AeLin got caught off guard. “Who…” “Your appa told me. Well, I forced him to.” He said. “He’s the mean man again.” AeLin and SaeKo thought. “I’m sorry. I’m truly sorry.” She said and tried her best to get her head low. “How long have you been hanging out?” SM said. “Almost…almost two years now.” She answered.

            “How come you never told me?” he said. “SM-nim, I’ll explain.” SaeKo said. “There’s no need to explain.” He said. “You should’ve just came out with it. It’s perfectly fine AeLin.” He added. AeLin then raised her head. “SM-nim.” She said a bit shocked. “JYP knew about this right? I’m fine with it too. Although, I am a bit mad that you didn’t tell me.”  He said. “I’m sorry.” AeLin said. “It’s okay. And…are you doing okay here?” SM said. “De. I am.” She replied. “That’s good.” He said.

             After 4 days in the hospital, AeLin was released. She’s back and is ready to face the audience again as she prepared for another comeback. AeLin is back in her dorm. She was still having fun and hanging out with 2PM but now, she’s healthier and eats her meals regularly. SHINee’s MinHo and Onew comes to her apartment frequently. Key umma and JongHyun would also go with them at times to check up on her, I mean, his AeLin. They are now fine. TaeMin and AeLin are still on with their fights. They seem to never stop.