Chapter 27

Destiny's Game (Season 1)

            There was silence in the rehearsal room after that. “I’m sorry TaeMin.” Key approached him and handed out his hand. TaeMin looked up and stood up. “Hyung.” TaeMin then gave him a hug and started weeping. “Shh…TaeMin, it’s alright.” He said. Jjong and Onew were watching and this time, they knew it’s not a fight. “I don’t know what to do…I don’t know what to feel. This is all so confusing.” He said as he wept.

            “TaeMin ah…” Jjong and Onew went to them. They took another moment of silence. “Yes…I gues you could say like her...I guess.” He confessed. The 3 members got surprised at what the heard. “S…Since when?” JongHyun said. “Since her 18th birthday…probably.” He answered. “And the tent?” Key said. And at that time MinHo was about to open the door coming back after talking to AeLin for a while.

~Flashback~

            She took back her hands and nodded. She got a bit bothered, thinking of what happened that morning. TaeMin also nodded. Silence. “What’s happening?” JunSu said. “AeLin.” AeLin looked up to him and was about to say something. As soon as AeLin raised her head, TaeMin quickly hugged her. The word ‘AeLin’ was the last thing they heard inside the tent. TaeMin happened to bump the microphone and probably broke it. All they can do now is watch the shadows.

            The people in the main house had mixed feelings; shocked, stunned, surprised, happy, anxious, and rather excited. MinHo was stunned. He had his eyes wide open. “A bold move TaeMin!” Jay said. Soon they settled down. “I-I don’t know why but I felt like doing this.” TaeMin said. TaecYeon was grunting frustrated over the broken microphone. TaeMin felt his heart beat fast again and probably, AeLin also felt it. She was surprised and blushed. She didn’t know how to react.

            Then TaeMin broke out of the hug. He looked at AeLin carefully. “TaeMin…” AeLin said. “I don’t know what’s happening to me right now but…” then slowly he got closer to her. He had his one hand caressing her face. “Ah! Ah! I should be stopping this!” Key said. He got up and headed to the door. “No no no no. We don’t even know what they’re going to do.” JunHo grabbed him and let him sit back. It was clear that MinHo can’t take any of it longer.

            He got up and went to his room. Khun let him be and didn’t stop him. TaeMin tilted her head up a little. Through all this the people inside the main house noticed the light inside the tent getting fainter fast. “Agh! No! Don’t run out of juice now!” ChanSung said.

            Inside the tent TaeMin was getting closer and closer. It was only moments until they finally sealed the deal. They closed their eyes and soon they both had their first kiss. TaeMin can hear his heart beat faster and so did AeLin. Then soon they broke the kiss. There was silence. The light was already off long before their lips touched. They can’t see anything. It was dark but TaeMin was holding AeLin’s hand until she took it back.

            There was a moment of silence. “I..I’m sorry.” He said. “Somehow I’m feeling kind of weird right now.” He added. There was an awkward feel. Good thing the light was off in that way they won’t be seeing each other’s face. “That was my first kiss.” They both said again. “Well…uhm…s-sorry…about that. Oh god what am I saying?” he said rather flustered. There was silence again. “AeLin…” he reached his hand to hers. “T-TaeMin…I’m sorry…but…there’s still…well…I can’t say really. I’m not sure what to say…I can’t.” She said and lay down.

            “I’m sorry.” She said. “Oh…no. it’s okay…I’m not quite sure myself. Ugh…” They had pillows in between them. And after moments of silence they slept.

~End of Flashback~

            “Yes, I kissed her.” He replied. The members were surprised. MinHo was shocked hearing that. He opened the door a little. “And let me guess. That thunderbolt necklace that she is wearing everyday sine her 18th birthday was from you right?” Key said. “De.” He replied. “I knew it. When I first saw that necklace on her I figured it was rather familiar. That was the necklace that TaeMin used in our Replay music video.” Onew said.

            “If you like her and you already kissed then why not ask her out?” JongHyun said. “I don’t know. I didn’t have that on my mind that time, and it seems she wasn’t sure of her feelings yet. I guess it just hasn’t reached to that point yet.” TaeMin said. “TaeMin.” MinHo whispered to himself. “And also, I’m pretty confused myself as to what I’m feeling right now. I wasn’t quite sure why I kissed her anyways. Oh my god what did I just do?” he said.

            “And…it’s a good thing you managed to stay the way you were.” Onew said. “I guess it was a natural approach? Plus, there’s MinHo hyung and NichKhun hyung. How can I stand a chance?” He added.           Then after that MinHo came in. “MinHo hyung.” TaeMin was surprised. “Did he hear?” he thought. MinHo stared at him. “Where’s the key chain?” MinHo said. Then TaeMin handed it to him. “Where is she?” TaeMin said. MinHo was about to go out when he paused. “TaeMin, be more careful next time.” MinHo said then he shut the door.

            TaeMin took a deep breath the covered his face. Key sat beside him. “What to do hyung?” TaeMin said. Onew and JongHyun went to them and comforted TaeMin. “What did I just do?” he thought. Soon after all of them were called to the conference room. Lin, SHINee, DBSK, and selected SNSD girls and SuJu boys were there. They talked about future plans and events to come up. After the meeting they were all dismissed to go for lunch. AeLin was dragged into the SNSD group.

            They talked about how much AeLin already changed from the 14 year old girl that started to be someone confused to be a 18 year old girl who discovered a new world and learned to live in it. Then soon she had to go because of schedule. Through all that time SHINee and AeLin were together and AeLin managed to ignore TaeMin all the way. It made TaeMin’s mood deteriorate. Key can clearly see this so he thought of a plan. They planned to prank AeLin into saying what she really thought about TaeMin. MinHo wasn’t informed of the plan.

            He was to be pranked as well. Then next day was Saturday. They went to radio shows, and the filming of Music Core. After that they were schedules for an interview for MNet. They were interviewed separately in separate rooms simultaneously. The interview was about close relationship within the agencies talents. SHINee and Lin were a perfect example of that so they were chosen to do the interview.

            “Lin ssi.” The interviewer started. “De. Pls. don’t hesitate to call me AeLin. I’m more comfortable with that.” AeLin said. “Okay. Let’s start. Here’s the 1st question. You are preferably the closest artist to SHINee. You have witnessed how they were before and how much they have changed to now. We would like to ask you about your experience and how you think about each of the members from when you met them.” The interviewer said. “Okay.” AeLin replied. “How about telling us how you got to know SHINee?”

            “Well, we all know it was 4 years ago or so. I was sent to SME and went to school the next day…” she explained. “…and there I first met SHINee. That’s how it happened.” She ended. “Okay, next question. What were your 1st impressions on the SHINee members? Let’s start with the leader, Onew.” The interviewer said. “Onew oppa, he looked really nice. His smile was very warm and bright. I felt a little bit comfortable when I first saw him. He looked real easy to talks to.” She answered. “And I wished I had a sister too AeLin.” Onew said. They were still listening.

            “JongHyun ssi?” “JongHyun oppa. He was the friendliest of all at first. Like I said when I first saw them he was always the 1st one to say ‘hi’ then smile. I can tell he was really social and can really get along with people he meets for the 1st time.” AeLin said. “How about Key shii?” “Key oppa. He looked really cute when I first saw him. I was like “Maybe that’s my ideal guy?”. He seemed nice and one who could take care of me too.” “And MinHo ssi.” “MinHo oppa. He was mysterious. He looked scary to me at first. I was like “Should I go talk to him?”. But when he 1st talked to me I felt calm and comfortable. MInHo oppa is really a good friend once you get to know him.” AeLinn answered.

            Key looked at TaeMin. “Are you okay?” Key said. “She definitely likes MinHo hyung.” TaeMin said. “Shh…here comes TaeMin’s part.” JongHyun said. “Okay, now for the last one, the magnae, TaeMin. I heard you fought a lot.” The interviewer smiled. “TaeMin, my first impression of him? We went to the same school when I first debuted...” she continued. “…when I knew he was in SHINee, by that time we were already arguing a lot, I was like ‘How will I get along with this person?’.” AeLin said.

            “So that was it. So you forgot to say thank you?” JongHyun said. TaeMin just nodded. “My bad.” He said. “But don’t get it wrong. We’re REALLY good friends! He really reminds me of my oppa whom I miss every day. Me and my OkHyun oppa would also have these silly arguments but that’s the best part of it. I get amused and he gets amused even if we insult each other. They are sooo alike. They both make me happy. Even though me and TaeMin always argue I’m still happy that he’s there to represent my oppa. Even though I’m away from my true family there’s SHINee sunbaes; a perfect family.” AeLin said.

            After another set of questions the interview ended. They all got out of their respective rooms and gathered. “She interviewer sure did ask me a lot about you guys.” She said as they went down the building. “He also asked me a lot about you.” Key said. Then as they were in the elevator her phone rang. She got her phone from her pocket and looked as to who was calling. “Khun oppa.” She said. TaeMin was looking at the phone, but more on the ‘R’ key chain she got back. “What do I do?” he thought to himself.