Chapter 30

Destiny's Game (Season 1)

            Moments later they decided to roam the city. They 1st went to AeLin’s school, St. Lorenzo Ruiz College. They rode a trycicle and stood there in front of the gate. She took a deep breath. “It really brings back memories.” AeLin said. Then she went to the guard house. “Guard, can we go in? I’m an alumni.” she said. “Yes you can.” The guard replied.

            Both of them went inside the school. “Oh look, the building is already done. Back when I was still going to school there wasn’t any building there. It was being replaced.” AeLin pointed out a building to the left. There were people in the school including the teachers. There were also some familiar faces she can see with the other people there. She was passing through the teacher’s lobby when a teacher called. “Oi!” the teacher said. They paused and looked back to the teacher’s office. The teacher went out.

            AeLin smiled. “Siansi Yvone.” AeLin went to her and hugged her. “AeLin ah, how are you?”Yvone was AeLin’s tutor in Mandarin for about 2-3 years. They were talking in Waray-waray, Tacloban’s native language. “Well, I’m okay.” she replied. “Who’s this with you? He’s handsome.” her Siansi (meaning teacher in Chinese) said. “My boyfriend.” AeLin replied and smiled. “Joke.” She added. “One of my close friend in Korea. His name is NichKhun.” AeLin replied. “Ah, okay okay. Well, I need to go back.” then her siansi went back to the teacher’s office.

            She went to the gym. When they went to the gym they saw a group of noisy people doing the stage. She looked at them and she gave off the face that it seems like she knew these people. She put on a funny pose and started. “C-U-T-E, what’s that spell? AeLin!” she yelled. Khun smiled. “Hey, I know that voice.” One of the people in the group said. Then they all looked to where the voice came from. AeLin waved at them. “I knew it, I am cute.” She said. “AeLin!” they all went to her.

            They were all talking at the same time. “AeLin! It’s been a long time!” “When did you arrive?” “You didn’t tell us you were coming.” “We always watched you in videos.” “We didn’t think you were going to come.” They were all around her. “Guys guys guys guys. Calm down! I can’t answer any of your questions because you keep on talking at the same time.” AeLin said. Then they all finally calmed down. “It’s so nice seeing you guys again!” AeLin said. “We’re glad we got to see you in person again too!” one of them said.

            “How about let’s all sit down and start sharing.” Their class president in their high school time, Martin, said. “NichKhun oppa, let’s go.” She called on Khun in Korean. They looked at AeLin’s guest. It was clear that most of AeLin’s girl friends were love struck by him. He smiled and just made them melt. They sat down and started their talk starting with AeLin’s story. “So AeLin, tell us everything from the start.” One of her closest friends, Sharlene, said.

            “From the start? Hmm, well. It all started when we moved back to Seoul. Both my mother and father were fussing over some papers for me to fill up. The next thing I knew I was accepted into SM Entertainment. Then the next thing I knew I was a solo singer and was stuck with these 5 member group named SHINee.” AeLin started. “SHINee!” one of her classmate, Diane said. “At first I didn’t know them and soon I discovered they were SHINee. They really took care of me in those days when we were together. The only menace was TaeMin. He often gets on my nerves.” She continued.

            “Anyways, back to my story. 2 years later I was said to really start to work alone. Then I met these 7 member ‘beast’ group named 2PM.” “I became best of friends with 2PM which was singed under a rival company. Me, SHINee, and 2PM are the best of friends in South Korea now and in Christmas I was given an offer to be JYP and still be in SM.” AeLin said. “Wow, what a story. So you are in two agencies now?” another of her closest friends, Kennie, said. “Hm, yes.” She replied. “AeLin ah, who is he?” one of her closest friends, Belle said.

            “Ah, I forgot. Everybody this is NichKhun Buck Horvejkul, member of 2PM and one of my close friends in Korea. NichKhun oppa, these are my classmates.” AeLin introduced Khun to them. “Hello everyone, my name is NichKhun it’s nice to meet you all.” Khun smiled and said. There was a sigh from the girls. “You can always talk to him. He can understand English and Mandarin.” AeLin said. “Is he your boyfriend?” one of her classmates, Lace, said out loud in English. She became speechless and just smiled. Khun also smiled hearing her question.

            “Wooooh! He’s your boyfriend isn’t he?” Nolyn, a classmate, said. They started to . “Guys guys! He’s not my boyfriend.” AeLin said. Khun was just laughing. “He’s my husband.” She continued. “Agh nevermind about that.” Belle said. “Even though she came back from one of the world’s most highly advanced countries when it comes to medication, she still hasn’t recovered from her long term sickness.” Belle added.

            “Good thing you know.” AeLin said and they laughed. “So you’re saying he’s not your boyfriend?” a classmate, Nicka said. “Nope.” AeLin replied. “Are you available?” girls started to gather around him. “Khun oppa ah, you’re a big hit.” She said to him in Korean. “AeLin ah, you little mischievous girl.” Khun said.  Moments later the girls calm down. “Ah, AeLin ah. Look who’s coming.” Belle said. She looked at the person who was coming this way. She was frozen in shock. It was Clyde. Mikee, her classmate, told him to go to the gym to meet AeLin.

            “AeLin ah, who’s he?” Khun said in Korean. They started to talk in Korean with each other. “Oppa, that’s the 1st ever person who courted me.” AeLin grabbed on Khun’s arm tightly. “Is he the one you’re saying to Key?” Khun said. “You heard?” “I have my ways.” Khun said. “No he’s not the one. He actually stalks me everywhere I go here in school. I never said yes to him when he asked me to be his girlfriend.” AeLin said. “What do you want?” Clyde said to Mikee. “Look who’s here.” Mikee said and looked at AeLin. She already had her hands around Khun’s arm.

            He smiled. “AeLin.” Clyde said. She just smiled and nodded. “Ahem! Something might develop again.” Belle said. “How are you?” Clyde said. “Uhm, fine.” AeLin replied. “Oh, I see.” Clyde said and saw NichKhun. “Who’s he?” Clyde said. “Hm? Him? Uhm…” AeLin said. “Me? I’m a close friend.” NichKhun said. “Ahh, I thought he was your boyfriend.” Clyde was in relief. “But then, she does like someone in South Korea.” Khun said. “Huh? Really? Who?” Ingrid, another classmate said.

            “I’ll be honest. SHINee and 2PM already knows this so it’s no secret from NichKhun oppa. I have been crushing on NichKhun oppa for over 2 years now and I still am.” She confessed. “I also like JinWoon oppa of 2AM.” She added. “So you’re not together but you like him like crazy.” Kenshie said. “Hm, yeah I guess.” AeLin replied. “AeLin, it’s not me or JinWoon. There’s actually one person in South Korea that she keeps on talking about.” NichKhun said.

            AeLin’s facial expression was that of a confused one. “I wonder who?” AeLin thought. “AeLin, you really have many boyfriends. Are you forgetting about ‘him’?” Diane said and smiled. “Him?” she replied. Then someone sent her a message. She got her phone and read the message. It was from TaeMin. “AeLin ah, you better be behaving there.” He said. She read it out loud. “Her Korean skills are really improving.” Kennie said. “I’ve known Korean since I was born what’s to improve?” she said. “Well, pronunciation?” Kennie replied. AeLin just smiled and replied to TaeMin.

            “Behave? I thought you know me TaeMin. If NichKhun oppa is there, how can I behave? Ke ke ke.”she sent the message. “I see you still have his gift.” Diane said. “Huh? What are you exactly talking about?” AeLin said. Then Diane pointed to her key chain that’s hanging from her phone. She pointed at the ‘R’ one. Then AeLin finally got the idea. “Uhm well…” she said. Then a group of familiar people on the stage called her attention. “AeLin!” one of the girls said. She looked at them. “Can you please come here for a moment?” the other girl said.

            Then Khun and AeLin went up on stage. It seems like they were arranging the program for the reunion. When they got to the people up on stage it finally hit her. The people on stage were the 4th year students she knew when they were still in 3rd year. “Ate Marlaa.” (Ate is like Unnie/Noona in Korean. It is used to address females who are older and both genders can use it.) AeLin said. “AeLin, you still remember me.” Mara said. “Of course.” AeLin replied. “Kuya Kyle!” (Kuya is like oppa/hyung in Korean. It is used to address males who are older and both genders can use it.) she said upon seeing him.

            “AeLin! It’s been a long time.” Kyle went to her. “How’s life?” AeLin said. “Well, right now I’m working. I’m in a relationship now.” Kyle said.“Relationship? Really? To whom?” then Kyle pointed at Belle who was down the stage. She was so happy for them. “Aww…I’m so so happy for you!” AeLin said in delight. Belle have always been crushing on Kyle ever since. Belle was so shy that she can’t get herself to confess to Kyle. But then when Kyle finally graduated high school and was about to go to college, that’s when Belle confessed her feelings. It was just that Kyle also had the same feelings for her.

            “We have a request AeLin.” Mara said. “What is it?” AeLin said. “NichKhun!” a classmate of Marla, Joanne, came. Joanne was a big fan of Kpop ever since high school. “NichKhun! Lin!” she was so happy to see them. “Ate Joana!” AeLin greeted her. “Can you sing in the reunion?” Marla interrupted. “Hm, sing? Well…” then she looked at Khun. “They want us to sing.” AeLin said in Korean. They were speaking in Waray-waray the whole time that’s why Khun can’t understand one thing.

            “We have to ask the agency 1st.” Khun replied in Korean. “Yeah you’re right.” AeLin said. AeLin got her phone and made a phone call. She called SME and Khun called JYPE. Good thing both agencies said yes. “Okay, but is it okay if it’s Korean?” AeLin said. “It’s pretty much okay. Korea is getting more popular here anyways.” Marla said. “How about this song?” AeLin was always bringing a USB with her. They plugged it into the computer they had for the sound system. They planned to sing the song “Dolla oljido molla” (You Might Come Back) by 2PM and AeLin’s debut song “Replay”.