Chapter 18

Destiny's Game (Season 1)

 

            The next day AeLin decided to go to SHINee’s dorm which was now closer to where her dorm was. It was 3 in the morning and she didn’t want to wake up SaeKo who was in the other room so she snuck out. She heard from MinHo that they’ll be leaving around 5 in the morning when they texted for a bit last night before she went to sleep. It was stil dark and it was still cold.

            After going to the bathroom to wash her face and stuff, she got her jacket and got changed. She snuck out of the dorm slowly and swiftly. The problem was that SaeKo’s room was now closer to the door and that she might hear the opening and closing of the door. As she opened the door there was a click sound. She paused for a bit and looked at the door from SaeKo’s room.

            She found that there was no problem so she kept it open and went outside to have the elevator open. She went back to the dorm and closed the door. “I’m sorry unnie.” She said and closed the door. As soon as she got outside the building she hailed a taxi which she luckily saw and headed for SHINee’s dorm building. “Hyung.” TaeMin approached MinHo who was looking out the window from their dorm. “Hm?” MinHo replied.

            “Are you waiting for someone?” TaeMin said. “You’ve been looking out the window for quite a while now.” He said and leaned on the wall. “Waiting for someone? Hm, this early? Probably.” MinHo looked at him and gave him a smile. TaeMin just had that calm face and watched MinHo look out the window. As they were preparing with things the doorbell rang. All 6 of them looked at the door and looked at each other. “Who could be here this early?” Key said.

            MinHo looked at the door rather excitedly. TaeMin was curious. “Ommo.” Onew said as he saw from the monitor who was outside. He opened the door immediately. “AeLin ah.” Onew said and gave her a hug. “Oppa.” She hugged back. Key and JongHyun came to her and gave her a hug as well. “AeLin ah, why are you here? Is SaeKo with you? Where is she?” YiBum said and then gave her a hug.

            “Well…let’s just say I’m the only one who knows that she knows I’m here.” AeLin said and went to where TaeMin and MinHo were. TaeMin was just there silent, and kind of surprised. “Oppa.” She then gave off a big smile and went to MinHo. TaeMin also saw a big smile on MinHo’s face. “You came.” MinHo whispered to her ear as they hugged. “We’ll be going in a matter of minutes AeLin.” YiBum said. “I’ll go with you until the airport. I’ll call unnie to come pick me up I promise.” AeLin said.

            They went to the airport and said their last goodbyes. She hugged each and every one of them. As she went to hug the last person, TaeMin, she looked at him first and hesitated. TaeMin looked at her as well. He raised his arms and got his hand on her head. “When we come back, I’ll be expecting something okay?” TaeMin said. AeLin smiled and held his hand and took it off her head. “Take care.” She said.

            “AeLin ah, wake up!” a voice yelled. “Ah! I’m awake!” she said. 3 years have passed. AeLin was now 17 years old and most of the SHINee members were now aged 20 and above. Three years in the industry she learned so many things alone after being detached with. She ventured further into the entertainment industry guesting in more shows, being an MC, having her own reality show and stuff.

            Because of the busy schedule, her and couldn’t meet that often anymore and now that her promotional period for her 3rd album was over, SHINee was on tour again. A JYP group named 2PM was the one with AeLin now. It happened 1 year ago when they met.

~Flashback~

            She was now 16. She got used to the environment she was in. “SHINee is on tour again AeLin.” SaeKo said. “They already left?” AeLin replied. “Yeah. They left early this morning.” SaeKo said. “Hum, well…I’m off to school today right?” She smiled and said. “You guessed it right. Now go prepare.” SaeKo said and got ready. “De.” She replied and went to her room.

            They were now in their last year in middle school. She attended school not too often anymore after her first year in the entertainment industry. Although she didn’t come too often anymore she was still good friends with HyeSun, HanEul, and HanKyung. As she went back to the dorm she was left alone as SaeKo was called to SM Entertainment.  “SHINee, SaeKo unnie, YiBum oppa, umma, appa, my classmates they’re all not here.” She said as she watched TV.

            Then someone rang the doorbell. “Who could that be?” she said. She opened the door and found 7 guys there. “Hello! We are 2PM!” they said. “My name is JaeBeom, the leader. But you can call me Jay.” The shortest one said. She stood there in confusion. “Uhm, JYP hyung wanted us to visit you somehow. May we come in?” the guy with the mushroom style hair said. “Uhm, well…you’re all welcome!” she smiled then let them in but a bit hesitant.

            They all gathered at the living room. There was an awkward feel as they gathered since AeLin didn’t know them and 2PM didn’t quite to know who she was as well. “Well, uhm…hello, a lot of people know me as Lin, but I prefer to be called by my name, AeLin, nice to meet you all. I’m 16 by the way.” AeLin went first. “Hello, my name is Park JaeBeom, 25 years old.” Jay went. “Kim JunSu, 24.” “Ok TaecYeon, 22.” “Jang WooYoung, 21.” “Lee JunHo, 21.” “Hwang Chansung 20.” “NichKhun, 24.”

            “?!” she thought as if she saw the boy of his dreams. NichKhun was tall, fair in skin, cute, manly, and handsome. It seems like AeLin had a crush on the Thai Prince. “Uhm…so, JYP hyung wanted us to give you this.” JunSu then gave her a box. “Yesterday was your birthday right? He said it was a gift for you.” Khun said. AeLin stopped breathing. “Oh my…he’s so dreamy~~” she thought nad got dazed.

            “Oh no.” Jay said. “What? Oh my, she got it.” WooYoung said as he looked at her. “No way. NichKhun hyung did it again?” ChanSung said. “What?” Khun said. “AeLin, don’t tell me you like Khun.” JunSu said. AeLin wasn’t able to answer. “Love struck by our NichKhun again.” JunSu added. “Even the young ones you get.” Jay said. “I didn’t do anything.” Khun replied. “When are you going to leave us some?” Jay joked.

            As the afternoon went on they talked and got to know each other more. “So I guess you’re from JYP Entertainment.” AeLin said. “Yup.” Jay answered. “So, do you know Sha AeEul?” she added. “Well, yeah we do.” WooYoung replied. “Wait, AeLin? What’s your last name?” ChanSung said. “Sha, Sha AeLin.” She answered. “Ah! You were that girl!” ChanSung said. “What girl?” JunSu said.

            “I remembered 4 years ago. I heard that the agency was on a competition with SME. It was about a girl whom they wanted under their label. Her parents were officials of SM and JYP.” ChanSung explained. “What does your father do?” JunSu said. “He’s an official, in SM Entertainment.” She answered. “This is the kid?!” JunHo said. AeLin was just sitting there listening. “So you took SME in the end.” WooYoung said. “Well, I didn’t relly take it…my appa just-” “You know It’s weird to not see you sometimes going in and out of your apartment.” JunHo said.

            “Yeah, we even lived her before you.” TaecYeon said. “I happen to hang out a lot with SHINee.” AeLin said. “Really? How come?” Jay said. “Natural. They’re in the same agency.” NichKhun said. “Khun ah!” Jay said. “This is conspiracy!” he added the 2PM members laughed. “Since when did you start hanging out?” TaecYeon said. “Hmm…it started when I debuted, 2 years ago.” She answered. “2 years? That’s long.” ChanSung said.

            “Wait, were you the one with MinHo at the Korean Wave Exhibit?” Khun said. “Oh yes! You were singing “Stand by Me” right?” JunSu said. “Yes, that was me.” AeLin said rather confused. “How did they know?” she thought to herself. “So it wasn’t a fan.” JunHo said. “Wait, huh? So it was you oppas.” She said. “I kinda got a glimpse of Jay oppa talking with the other members of SHINee.” AeLin said. “It’s a small world.” Jay said.

            Soon they started to hang out and AeLin often went to 2PM’s apartment which was exactly beside AeLin’s apartment while SHINee wasn’t there or SaeKo to accompany her. She became awfully close to JunHo, WooYoung, and ChanSung. Those 4 would totally brighten up the place. AeLin is sometimes shy around NichKhun of course but she tries not to show her feelings and act just normal. Jay is still the one who is tricked on. JunSu and AeLin often did rehearsals together. AeLin knew a LOT of 2PM songs.

           Since that day, AeLin and 2PM became best of friends. Unknown to both agencies, they still hang out with each other.

~End of Flashback~

            “AeLin! We gotta go. SHINee’s flight will be arriving soon.” The voice continued. “Wait for me oppa. I’m still changing.” ChanSung was outside her room knocking. It was 4:00 am. SHINee’s tour ended and they were heading back to Seoul. AeLin and 2PM will be there to welcome them. “Come on let’s go.” AeLin said as she went out of her room. “AeLin, you’ll be seeing TaeMin again. How do you feel?” JunSu said. “Unfortunate.” She replied. “You two really are best of friends.” Jay said. “No we’re not! He’s just a boastful sunbae!” AeLin said. “Okay fine, whatever you say.” Jay replied and just smiled.

            They went into the van and then headed for the airport. SaeKo and MinJae, 2PM’s manager, also kept AeLin and 2PM’s relationship. There are a couple of fans to be expected. But the arrival details were not made public so there was more privacy. 2PM and AeLin should disguise themselves. There were disguises ready for them in the van. Soon they arrived at the airport. AeLin was looking nervous. “Now they’ll have more time with you.” Khun said as he went to her. “Plus, it’s real cool they had their tour earlier and ended just a week before “that”.” He added.