Chapter 42

Destiny's Game (Season 1)

 

            TaeMin was spacing out. “TaeMin, you knew about this didn’t you?” Key said. TaeMin just started to tear up and Key hugged him. When they arrived at the airport they were too late. The Sha family already went in to check-in. TaeMin was devastated. He was crying. “TaeMin.” Jjong went to him and comforted him. “It’s all my fault.” He said. “No no. It’s not.” Jjong replied. “SHINee!” JunSu came. “Hyung!” Onew said. “TaeMin.” He went to TaeMin.

            The other 2PM members came. “AeLin wanted to give you this.” Then he gave TaeMin a letter. He opened the letter immediately and read what was inside.

“Dear SHINee,

Goodbye. I’m so sorry for not telling you guys about this. The other groups knew and you were the only group who didn’t. For that I’m so sorry. I’ll be off to Japan now. I feel so stupid not telling you guys after all that you’ve done for me. You’ll always be my best friends and nothing can take that away from. Thank you very much for taking care of me and having me as company. It’s been how many years since we have been together and I’m afraid now is the time I leave. I didn’t expect this to happen as well but you really won’t know what’s in store for you. I won’t be going back to South Korea anymore. Goodbye, I’ll miss you all.

Onew oppa, JongHyun oppa, Key oppa, MinHo oppa, and TaeMin. Good luck with everything! FIGHTING!

From,

AeLin”

            Then he felt something inside the envelope and saw the thunder bolt necklace that he gave her on her birthday. His heart was broken. He crunched up the paper he was holding. The other SHINee members who also got to read what the letter said just stood there. There was nothing they can do. “TaeMin.” MinHo put his hand on his shoulder. He nodded and tears started to fall again. “How about staying here and wait for their plane to leave?” ChanSung said. “Okay.” They all agreed. AeLin said that their flight would be on 3:30 PM. It was 3:00 PM then.

            They waited inside the airport. Fans were gathering, yes, so they went to this restaurant where they can clearly see the runway and stayed there. The fans weren’t allowed to go inside unless they’re going to eat there. TaeMin was outside on the balcony and checking on his watch every 5 minutes. “So you knew all along?” JongHyun said. “De. We didn’t know that you weren’t told.” JunSu said. “When did she tell you?” Key said. “A couple of months ago I guess.” Jay replied. “That girl really.” Onew said. “So how come she’s moving anyways?” MinHo said. “Megumi is going back to Japan to handle Johnny’s Entertainment.” TaecYeon started.

            “OkHyun would still be coming back to live here but since neither of the parents can take care of the baby AeLin was also brought with them to live there and take care of the baby.” ChanSung said. “So she just went with them so that she can become a baby sitter? It doesn’t make sense.” Key said. “SME and JYPE have already agreed to let her sign into another agency. She’ll be under Johnny’s Entertainment also.” JunHo said. “But from what I heard JE is an all-male agency.” JongHyun said. “De. But I guess JE would have its very 1st female talent.” Jay said. “NichKhun hyung, isn’t Golf & Mike under JE as well?” MinHo said.

            “De. Why?” NichKhun replied. “Maybe they can help us update on them? The ones happening to her when the cameras aren’t there.” MinHo said. “Good idea!” WooYoung said. “Golf & Mike only go to Japan for promotional reasons. Right now they are in Thailand and I’m afraid there’s no plan to go to Japan yet.” NichKhun said. “Ah, that’s a shame.” JunSu said. “How about convincing SME or JYPE to let either one of our groups to be under JE as well?” TaecYeon said. “Ah! Great idea!” Key said. “TaeMin!” JongHyun called him. TaeMin was just facing the runway thinking. He was holding the necklace he gave for AeLin’s 18th birthday on one hand.

            MinHo went to him. “TaeMin.” “Hyung. Why?” he said. He was trying his best to not let the tears fall. “Overcoming hardships and challenges is what makes a strong and brave man. You’re growing up TaeMin. I suggest you follow that.” MinHo said. “Hey guys! AeLin sent me a message. They’re about to board the plane!” WooYoung came to them. The others followed. What TaeMin didn’t realize was that from the open balcony of the restaurant you can clearly see the departure area on the other building a little farther from the building they were in. “There’s AeLin!” Onew pointed towards where she was.

            She was playing with the baby. Then MinHo got his phone. They saw her get her phone and answered a call. “MinHo oppa.” She said. “Look out the window on the left.” MinHo said. She did so and saw SHINee and 2PM on the balcony. She put the phone down and looked at them. Her brother and his wife already went in the plane. She can clearly see them. Even though the distance is really far she can somehow clearly see them. She can clearly see how TaeMin’s eyes are looking straight into hers. She went closer to the glass window. “Why did you come here?” she said to herself.

            She took the time to look at them one by one. He just looked at her. “It’ll just make it more painful.” Then she started to cry.  They all saw how she cried. “AeLin!” TaeMin yelled. Even though it was obvious that she won’t be able to hear but he still yelled. “AeLin! Goodbye~!” TaeMin said and waved his arm. The others followed as well and yelled their goodbye words. Soon enough it was time for her to board the plane. She saw them waving and just waved back. She got into the plane and to her seat.

            “What took you so long?” OkHyun said. AeLin sat by the window. “Because of them.” She looked out from the window and took one last look at them. Soon the plane took off.