Chapter 10

Destiny's Game (Season 1)

            The next day she had to go to school. She was to attend classes that morning since the rest of her schedules were put into the afternoon. She also had a math test that morning so she insisted in wanting to go to school. “AeLin, take care okay? And good luck with your test.” SaeKo said as AeLin got off the van. “I will unnie.” She replied and smiled. She went into school grounds.

            The continuous staring of people was immune to her. It had been going about ever since she was seen together with TaeMin and now she’s gone used to it. As she was about to get into the main building a couple of girl came up to her. They were a year higher than her. She was still a 1st year high school student there. “Annyeong hasaeyo.” The girls said. She looked at them and greeted them as well.

            “You’re a first year student right?” one girl said. “De.” she replied. “What a cutie.” The other girl said. “We heard you were that new artist from SME.” The first girl said. She paused for a moment. “Oh, don’t be scared. We’re fans! We’re anticipating your debut.” The other girl said. “Ah, de. Kamsa hamnida.” AeLin said and bowed. “Could we get an autograph? And maybe a picture as well?” the other girl said. “Uhm…well…” “Come on, if ever it leaked out we’ll just say that we were your friends from school.” The first girl said. “Ah, okay.” She said.

            A week has passed. Applause and screams were heard. Cheering was the main purpose, it was the studio of SBS Inkigayo. The MC’s were on stage welcoming the viewers and the audience that came. “The time finally came. After SHINee a new talent has arrived. Said to be the female version of the SHINee members she would debut in this stage and on this time. After a week of waiting here we are with Lin!” the MC’s said. AeLin was already on stage with the lights closed for a while. She took a deep breath and looked at the fans that were there to cheer for her.

            She then remembered what MinHo told her. “Your fans, they are your strength too. They’ll always be there for you no matter what. You’ll get that feeling once you step up on stage and hear their cheers.” “I can feel it.” She told herself and finally the lights were up. She was with her background dancers and they started. Everyone she knew was watching; her umma, appa, classmates, SHINee, other SMTown members, and even the people who knew her in the Philippines.

            “OkRyo hyung, she’s up on stage!” KiBum, a member of Super Junior, said as they watched her on the live stream in the internet. They were watching from a hotel in Malaysia since super Junior was on tour. They also hooked it up with a projector so that everyone would see. The other members gathered to see the person OkRyo has been so worried about. “You can do it.” TaeMin thought as they concentrated on watching. She really looked professional up there. She didn’t look like a noob nor performed like a noob. She was born to be on stage.

            When the performance ended she had an interview with the MC’s. “And here we are with Lin ssi.” The male host said. The cheers were never ending. It seems like she has gained a lot more fans that day. “De, annyeong hasaeyo Lin imnida.” She greeted. “From what we’ve heard you’re still 14. Is that true? What a young age.” The female MC said. “De. I still am 14.” She replied and looked at the audience with much delight. “Surely a young age and I bet we’ll be seeing you more in the years to come. It’s Lin everyone!” the male MC said. She then waved goodbye to the audience and went back to her waiting room.

            As she walked through the hallway she saw a couple of artists and staff. Since she didn’t know which was which she ended up greeting everyone she comes across with. “I know you. You were really good.” This good looking man came up to him. He didn’t look Korean and AeLin paused. “Yeppeo.” She thought and was dazed. “Are you okay?” the man said. “Ah, uhm…yeah! Kamsa hamnida!” she said and bowed then continued on to her room. “Sure is an interesting kid.” He said. “NichKhun ah! Come on let’s go!” apparently a fellow member said. “De! I’m coming.” He said and went the other way.

            “AeLin ah daebak!” SaeKo greeted her as she opened the door. AeLin smiled and was flattered. “I made a lot of mistakes so you can’t fool me.” AeLin said and chuckled. She sat down the couch and sighed deeply. “It’s done.” She said. AeLin closed her eyes for a moment. SaeKo looked at her with a calm face. Soon it all ended. She went into the van and they drove back to her dorm. She received a couple of gifts from fans.

            “Ahh…” she said and laid down on the floor as they got into her dorm. “Ya AeLin, get up and clean yourself.” SaeKo said as she brought with her a couple of bags. AeLin got up and went to the bathroom. She washed her face clean of make-up. She looked into the mirror. After changing clothes she stood there for a while until the doorbell rang. “I’ll get it.” SaeKo said and went to the doorstep. “Who is it?” SaeKo said and looked at the screen. “Ah.” She said and then opened the door.

            At the same time AeLin got out of the bathroom with a towel around her neck. “Who is it?” she said as she wiped water from her face. “AeLin!” Onew said and went to her. “Ah! SHINee!” she said and greeted them. “What are you doing here?” she asked. “Why? Would you rather let us leave?” TaeMin said. “Tch.” AeLin said and ignored him. The others were amused.

            “We watched the whole time AeLin,” Key said. “You did real great.” MinHo said. “Ah, you watched? Kamsa hamnida. Although, I didn’t really think of it as a great performance. I did so many mistakes.” She said. “Yeah she did.” TaeMin said. They all gathered at the living room. It was around 6PM that time. “AeLIn ah, I’ll be off to SM Entertainment to do some things okay? I’ll be back. SHINee, please watch over her for me until I get back.” SaeKo said. “De, we will.” Onew said.

            As they were going though story after story he phone rang. “Ah, I need to get it. Excuse me.” She said and got up and went to her room. “Annyeong hasaeyo?” she answered. “Annyeong hasaeyo, AeLin the devil.” “OPPA!!” AeLin said upon knowing that it was her oppa, OkHyun. The SHINee members got startled as they heard her yell. “What a loud one.” TaeMin said. “Ya! Don’t yell through the phone!” OkHyun said. AeLin has a habit on putting phone calls up on speaker so OkHyun can be heard louder. “Eh, wait, why are you calling?” AeLin said. “I saw it.” He said. “Eh, you watched? That’s so sweet of you.” AeLin said rather mocking him.

            “Actually, it was my secretary who was watching, I just happened to take a glimpse.” He said. “Excuses. So, what do you want?” AeLin said. “Uhm…well…nothing in particular.” OkHyun answered. “Ahh…you miss me don’t you?” AeLin said. “Ha?! Why the heck would I miss someone like you?!” OkHyun said. “Aww!! Come on…the oppa monster is shy? Ohohoho.” AeLin said. What she didn’t know was that the SHINee members were stuck to the door listening to their conversation.

            “You little brat you’re creeping me out.” OkHyun said. “Oh…Sha OkHyun is shy…aww! Isn’t that cute!!” AeLin continued to . “Okay! Okay! I watched your performance; I waited for it along with the other staff in my company who was apparently fans of yours.” OkHyun said. “Sha OkHyun?” TaeMin said. “Shh!” JongHyun said. “Aha! Now admit that you miss me!!” AeLin said. “Ah…fine, I miss you.” He said. “Mwahahahaha!!” AeLin gave out a laugh.

            The four members outside were holding in their amusement over her. “I knew it!!” AeLin added. “Hm, you sure did.” OkHyun said. “Always take care AeLin. I’ll be watching you.” OkHyun said. AeLin then calmed down. “De. I miss you too oppa.” She said and got teary eyed. “Come on, don’t cry on me. I hate it when you cry.” OkHyun said. “I’m not crying!” she said. “Oh yeah I also heard SHINee is with you.” He added. “De, they are. Why?” She answered. “There’s a member named Lee TaeMin right?” OkHyun said.

            “Ah, TaeMin he knows you.” Key said. “Hm, unfortunately there is.” AeLin said. “What? Unfortunately?!” TaeMin said. “Shh!” JongHyun said. “Tch. That girl.” TaeMin said. “He’s a really good guy! Maybe someday the two of you would end up together! I so am approving on him!!” OkHyun said. “Eh?” they were all surprised. “EH?! NO WAY!!” AeLin yelled. “Ya! Didn’t I tell you not to yell on the phone?” OkHyun said. “And why is it? You like him don’t you? I met him once, I really like how he in off stage. He kind of resembles my character.” OkHyun said.

            “You mean that babo character? Yeah I guess you are similar.” AeLin said. “Babo?!” “TaeMin shh!!” JongHyun then got his hand on his mouth. “Yeah yeah. I just want you to know that someday I’m expecting you to be Mrs. Lee AeLin okay?” he said and laughed. “Not in a million years!” AeLin said. “Well, I need to go now. Bye devil AeLin.” OkHyun said. “Bye monster oppa.” AeLin said and put down the phone. She sighed and sat on her bed. After a while she got up and opened the door. The SHINee members were already back to where they were.

            The members though were looking kind of suspicious. “What happened?” AeLin said as she saw them. Taemin looked really pissed and the others seemed to hold on to something. “Ah! I can’t help it!” Key said and laughed his way. The other members followed. “We heard everything.” MinHo said who was chuckling. “WHAT??!!” AeLin was dumbfounded. “E-everything?” she added. “Yup. Everything.” MinHo said. “Eh. Eh? Eh?! EHHH???!!!” she said. “No way!!!” she added.

            “Taemin ah, what he said was a misunderstanding! Oppa is such a babo.” AeLin said. Then she looked at TaeMin who was looking away with his face red. “Babo ah? Pfft. Whatever, I won’t go out with a girl like you anyways.” TaeMin said. “Ya! What did you say?” AeLin said. “Your oppa is the one I admire the most. Why not be like him? He’s a good and reasonable person.” TaeMin said. “Oi! I’m a good person.” AeLin said. “Really? I don’t see it.” TaeMin said who was clearly doing it on purpose.

            AeLin was firing up. “You…” she said and approached him. “I guess let’s prepare for dinner time since noona isn’t here yet.” Key said and the 4 of them went to the kitchen. TaeMin and AeLin were still on with their fight. “They’re hilarious.” MinHo said. “No respect to her sunbae!” TaeMin said. “No respect for his donsaeng!” AeLin replied.