The Shocking Encounter

The Day She Forgot To Wear Underwear [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I’m sorry, Chanyeol."

Quickly, Kai pulls on Kyungsoo’s shoulders and kisses him. It lasts only for a second, but it’s enough to make all jaws drop.

For a bit, there was only silence.

"Well, erm, we didn't see that coming,” Mr. Suho says, trying to break the awkwardness.

“Um, I guess that’s enough of this game. Let’s just wrap up and get ready for bed. We’ve still got a long day tomorrow." The students start leaving one by one, leaving only Kyungsoo, Kai, and Chanyeol.

Kyungsoo, who is still shocked, takes a look at Chanyeol; he seems to be dying of jealousy, and it shows clearly on his face. He abruptly stands up and walks away, leaving Kyungsoo alone with Kai.

"I’m so sorry," Kai says genuinely.

"It’s… fine," Kyungsoo replies without even looking at him. His eyes are still locked on Chanyeol, whose figure was slowly fading with the distance. He feels terrible.

 

-In the room-

 

Everyone has already fallen asleep, but Kyungsoo lies wide awake. Chanyeol's image refuses to leave his head. His face... Only god knows how much he hates it. He can’t stand it at all, that guilty feeling spreading through his chest.

That’s it. Kyungsoo gets up from his bed and leaves his hotel room. He needs to go calm his turbulent heart.

"Hey, miss." The receptionist greets him. He’s a young man.

"Hello," Kyungsoo responds, unable to smile.

"You seems troubled." He takes a look at Kyungsoo's face.

"Is it that obvious?" He asks.

"A little bit. I can see it on your face. What are you doing here? Can’t sleep?"

"Yeah, I’m here to take my mind off a few things," Kyungsoo responds. He lets out a sigh.

"Well, this isn’t a very good place,” the receptionist says. “There's a big balcony on 20th floor with lots of benches. I often go there when I need a place to think or clear my mind. I think you should go there. The view is great, and the night breeze is extremely pleasant."

"Really? Thanks. i better get going, then." Kyungsoo gets up and bows at him.

"Yeah sure. I hope you feel better." He bows, too.

Kyungsoo uses the elevator. Luckily, there’s nobody on the balcony when he arrives, so he has a lot of space all to himself. He sits down on a bench and looks at the view: black and silver water fading into the starry sky, waves crashing into the white shore, a large moon gazing down to watch over everything that touches its light.

He then notices a figure leaning on the balcony railing, his head down as he stared at the ground far below them. Kyungsoo stands up and approaches him.  

"Channie?" Kyungsoo touches his back, causing Chanyeol to jump and turn around, shocked by his girlfriend’s presence.

"What are you doing here? Why aren't you asleep? You still haven’t completely recovered from your fever, you know that," Chanyeol says worriedly.

Even though Chanyeol is hurt, he still cares about Kyungsoo, and that makes Kyungsoo feel bad again. Kyungsoo finds himself hugging Chanyeol tightly without even realizing it. He buries his face in Chanyeol's chest.

"Kyung Mi, what are you..."

"I’m sorry." Kyungsoo doesn’t know why he's apologizing to him. He just feels like he needs to.

"It’s… It’s not your fault."

"Yes, but I’m still sorry. Please forgive me," he begs.

"I told you, it’s not your fault." Chanyeol tries to look at him, but Kyungsoo buries his face even deeper into his chest. "Kyung Mi, look at me."

"No, I won’t."

"Please look at me."

"I won’t let you go until you forgive me." Kyungsoo starts to whine.

"Alright, I forgive you, now please look at me."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter