The Incident

Apocalypto

                                          2 DAYS LATER

I was running to my classroom already late. I've heard some news about Elizabeth and that she actually got sent to the emergency room. She's not coming back until the next week or so. I was running down the stairs and ran into this boy. We both fell down landing on our butts, except I was the one with the books in my hand.

"Oh my God. I'm so sorry."I said getting up and attempted to help him up. Until I saw him looking down at me. I've never seen him before...He had long brown hair, big brown eyes, really tall and muscular, and had a cute smile. What am I saying? I forgot about my books and he helped me pick them up.

"Whats your name?"He asked. Handing me my history book.

"Stryker."I said plainly. Ahhhh hell. I'm already late for class. I guess I'm skipping. I know. The worst decision to make in a small situation.

"Last name?"He asked smiling.

"Yes because I love telling everyone my full name..."I said.

"Choi Minho."He said.

"I didn't ask."

"No one said you did."He said laughing. He looked away behind me and his eyes went wide. I turned around and i was in completely shock. I couldn't move, but my mouth dropped open.

"Oh my God."I said.

"What the hell!"Minho snapped. We were both at the edge of the staircase  so it gave us a perfect veiw of the front gate. A couple of teachers surrounding one student. The student was on the floor bleeding like he got slashed on the neck. His appearance looked run down...almost like Elizabeths. What happened to him. There was so much blood and he looked like he was having some sort of attack. The blood just kept on coming. My hands gripped into fists, thats the way I hold in my fear. I think Minho realized it and clamed my hand down. He is witnessing all this also. His warm hand on top of my ice cold one. He slightly unclenched my fists trying to calm my nerves. I let him.

The student was in pain, too much. Some teenage boy ran to him wearing a football jockey jacket. He helped the teachers, but there was no help, the last minute was over and the teachers stopped. They let him go and gave me a better veiw. He wasn't moving, no mucsle, no sense of the attack, and the blood finally stopped overlfowing. There was so much blood on the sidewalk. I can't believe it. I witnessed a life dying off that could've been saved. It was done for.

Minho let go of my hand and I was ready to leave. Until i heard one of the teachers scream. Minho grabbed my hand fast like he was ready to pull me away from the scene so i wouldn't see what happened. Was it a scream in sadness? I actually pulled Minho's hand back and kept watching. The student. His fingers were moving slowly. His upper part of his body was rising upwards.

"Impossible!"i snapped.

"He...he died. Didn't he?"Minho asked trmebling also. At least we're both on the same page now. Some teachers looked at him in amazement. While the student in the football jacket started backing away, the same way we were. The bleeding dried on his body, especially his neck and arms. His eyes were white like cotton, and he was so pale. Looking like a lifeless, and yet moving thing. 

"I can't believe it..."Minho mumbled clenching my hand even harder.