Getting a little edgy

Apocalypto

 

We were all talking, getting a bunch of notes, and got final notes. We came over to Minho and Onew. They said that Roger hasn't used his truck in awhile so we would have to fix it to use the radio. So here we all are, working on Roger's car. About eight o'clock, and pretty pitch black out here. Onew was the one working on the car the most, he seemed like the one who knew more about this stuff. I knew only a little, but Onew knew almost everything about this.

"Done."Onew said closing the hood for the truck.

"Are you serious?"I asked. 

"Start it."He said and threw me the keys. I got in the drivers seat an turned the keys, hearing a roar of an engine, which alarmed the others.

"Its done?"Minho asked. While Onew was working on the car and I was helping him, the others stayed on the porch, sleeping.

I started the radio and started looking for channels.

"What do you think?"Onew said to Minho. All the stations were about this. 

"The President is being moved underground. Made arangements for any surviving citizens out there, move to Washington DC. There you would be safe, quarantined, and live in a military base, until we find a cure."

"We won't be there to see it."I mumbled.

"What'd you say?"Taemin asked.

"The radio. I found out another note."I said.

"What is it?"He asked.

"We make it to DC. They already moved the president underground, but they made a military base there. Its clean, quarantined, everything. Thats where we go. We go there, and we won't have to see the darkness overpower."I said.

"DC? How far of a drive is that? I mean we're barely outside of Texas and it took us a day."Jonghyun asked.

"I don't know, but we can get a map, and we're going to make it over there."I said.

"So we have a plan now."Onew said. 

"Yea."I said.

"Hey guys?"I heard a voce of Trey's behind us. We all turned around.

"You need anything Trey?"I asked.

"Yea, if you guys want dinner we have some."He said.

...IN THE DINNER ROOM

We had chicken which Onew gobbled up, with potatoes, green beans, and gravy. A great meal. I heard Onew ask for Keys chicken, and Key gave it to him. Ha! 

"Hey Stryker have you met Lily yet?"Roger asked. 

"Ya." I said, Trey sighed.

"She's not bad."I said staring at him. He ignored me.

"Really? Did she say anything to you?"Roger asked. Now the guys were staring at me.

"No."I said, and everyone's eyes calmed down, including Rogers.

"Well can you give this to her?"Roger said handing me a plate of food.

"Uhh yea, Key come with me?"I asked. He was the one who was finished with his plate since Onew ate it all.

"Why do I...?"I grabbed him by the shirt and dragged him.

"Ok, I'm coming."He said and I let go of him. We walked up stairs and once we did I stopped. 

"Something wrong?"Key asked.

"We go to the bathroom. Now."I said and we walked in there. I locked the door.

"What?"Key asked.

"Once we get out, look at the very corner of the hallway. It might be hard, but there's a small video camera. I don't know about the other hallways though."

"Didn't Lily say they're watching her? Watching us?"

"Yea, I bet there are video cameras all around this place."

"So what do we do?"Key asked.

"I need to talk to Lily first. After that we tell the guys, grab our bags, and head to DC."I said.

"The video cameras must be hidden since we only notice now, so if you see another one scratch your ear, your nose, scrunch your eyebrows, stretch, tap your watch. Anything that would let me know there was one there, I'll do the same."I said.

"Ok, but do you need to know all of that?"He asked.

"In case we need a plan B. I'm always prepared, the first day we came here I figured out all the escape routes."I said proudly. He chuckled.

"Well lets go."i said ready to walk out, until Key grabbed my wrist.

"Wait, Darel wasn't at dinner so does that mean he's watching the cameras?"He asked.

"Most likely ya."

"Then what do you think he'll do if he sees us walk in the bathroom together and walk out?"He asked. I went into thinking mode. I lifted up my hand started messing uo his hair do. I un-buttoned the first two buttons of his shirt.

"Oh what the hell are you..."Then his eyes went wide, and realized what I was doing once i started messing uo my hairdo.

"Oh...my...god."He said.

"Sorry but its the only thing I can think of right now."

"We're never telling anyone."Key mumbled.

"Agreed."I said and opened the door. We were walking down the hallway.

"Key you might want to fix yourself now."I said.

"Oh, right."He said and started fixing his shirt, then hair.

We stretched, tapped our watches, scratched our nose, there were just so many cameras.

"Here it is."I said, we were in front of Lily's door.

"Lily?"I said.

"You with a different boy."She said.

"Yea, this is Key."I said with a smile.

"Come in."She said. We both walked in, and Key shut the door. 

"Lily, we brought food for you."I said handing her over the plate.

"You fell, you fell."She said. That was part of the puzzle I didn't figure out yet.

"Lily, the darkness. What about it?"I asked.

"Its too late, its happening. You all fell. Everyone."She said. Is she talking about the zombies?

"Lily, what are you talking about?"I asked.

"I warned you. Don't trust them."She said then got up and started yelling at me.

"But you didn't listen to me!"She yelled like a monster. It alarmed Key which made him jump in front of me, like protection almost.

"You didn't listen to me, I tried as much as I can, forgive me, sorry, sorry, sorry."She kept saying. 

"Stryker there's nothing here, we should go."I started looking around the room and found a video camera.

"Key, if Darel was watching me right now, and he sees Lily trying to warn us, what do you think he'll do?"I asked, trying to keep my eye contact away from the camera.

"Oh ."Key mumbled. Downstairs we heard a crash, a loud one.