Escape...

Apocalypto

 

"Grab her!"Roger yelled.

"NO!"Taemin yelled.

"RUN!" Minho yelled.

I acted fast, with Darel still in my grasp I took a piece of glass and held it up to his neck. When I rammed through the door I noticed a gun. It must've been Darels, which I grabbed with my foot, grasping that with my left hand. 

“If you take one more step, I cut Darel and shoot Trey.”  I said getting both of my aims ready.

“And what makes you think I won’t shoot your friends now?” 

“Because you would be alone and...” The point of this statement was to distract Roger while I was talking. I shot the gun, but not at the heart, not even in the upper body part. But on his ankle, Trey’s ankle, and he fell to the ground bleeding, letting go of his gun.

“Guys!” I yelled, and Onew was the closest and got the message. He grabbed Treys gun. 

“Now your outnumbered Roger.”I said. He smiled, dropped his gun, and put his hands up. Jonghyun grabbed Rogers gun. 

“I welcomed you to my house, I gave you my food, and you shoot my people.” He mumbled.

I bent down on my knees and looked him straight in the eye.

“What you did, what you attempted to do was nothing. But let me just say one thing. I hope you get yourself killed for what you’ve done.” I got up and let go of Darel who immediately passed out. 

I un-binded the boys and used the rope to tie up Roger and his sons. I was the first who was walking out, and when I looked back I saw Key smash Rogers head to the wall, now the three boys un-conscience. I opened the door ready to walk out until I heard the steps creaking. Someone was coming down, and I knew who it was. Lily. I turned around to the guys.

“You set the car, I’ll meet you there in a little bit.” I said. They stared at me.

“Are you sure?” Taemin asked. I nodded and the five boys walked out. 

“Thank you.” Lily mumbled. With each step she took a drop of blood came down with her.

“Lily, your bleeding...”I said then I noticed she was trying to stop it through her hand. She smiled at me then let her hand go, revealing a lot of blood on her skin like she cut herself, but the blood marks were almost in a shape or figure. Then I realized her skin was pale, she was walking slower, and the blood was from a bite.

She fell down, but I caught her just in time before she hit her head on the railing. Her eyes were still open, but for sure she was dead, and who knows how long ago she actually got the bite. I closed her eyes, and sung a soft lullaby, ending it with the words “I’m Sorry”. This WAS NOT my plan. I was going to take her with us, to Washington, she would’ve been safe. I felt a warm tear run down my cheek, then I jumed up once she started twitching in my hands.

I end up forgetting I’m living in a zombie infested world. I still had Darel’s gun in my hand, but this kill was different. My hand was trembling. I raised my gun at the body, but my finger wouldn’t budge. I tried closing my eyes and pulling the trigger, but my heart kept dropping at the moment I actually had to do it. 

So I ran out the house, but before I did, I locked the doors behind me, leaving Lily, and jumped into the Jeep that was waiting for me right outside the house...