Can't Sleep

Apocalypto

I woke up maybe around 3 in the morning and saw Key driving. I looked out the window and saw it all quiet. Minho was sleeping next to me, Taemin next to Minho. In the three seats in front of me Onew was sleeping on the right and Jonghyun on the left. I popped up and crawled over the seats and onto the passneger seat next to Key.

"Can't sleep?"Key asked.

"Not anymore."I said. Key looked at me and took my arm.

"You didn't even wipe the blood off your elbows."He said letting go of me. 

"Right. Well I forgot."I said looking away.

"Well I'll tell you what. When we find a awesome place to stay or at least a place to stop then I can fix you up."

"Thanks. How is Onew anyways?"I asked looking back at the four boys sleeping.

"Not good. Thats why we find a place fast. Maybe two weeks without walking." My eyes went wide.

"But what if..." Key smiled.

"Oh c'mon. Don't think about the bad things. I mean we're in Texas. 2nd largest state in America. We would find a place."He said. I smiled at him and he smied  back. I don't know, but the way he looks at me makes me feel all warm inside. Like the way when I bumped into Minho and he slightly laughed.

"Can I ask you something?"Key asked in a more serious tone. I looked up at him.

"How do you know all of this?"

"All of what?"I asked.

"All the shortcuts around school. How to use a gun."

"I made those shortcuts to ditch classes. I mean have you ever wondered why I've never seen anyone here before?"Key nodded like he understood what I was saying. I looked up ahead and saw the trees rustling. I saw Key in the corner of my eye glaring at me.

"You saw that too right?"

"Turn off your headlights."I said and he did. Made our situation either a little safer or a little worse. Pitch black where you can't see anything and knowing that there are zombies out there might cause a little bit of paranoia. 

"Whats going on?"I heard Minho's voice in the background. I looked back at him, if he can or can't see me I put my index finger over my lips.

"Shhhhh."I said and saw his shadow nodd. I tapped on Keys shoulder.

"stop the car, no park, and leave the keys in."I said and he did exactly what I commanded.