Working Things Out

Apocalypto

Key's dish tasted amazing, while Taemin and Minho kept on blabbing about the door I broke. I had to talk to Roger about it, and Trey helped me out with that. Trey managed to convince his dad that I don't have to pay or work it off, which I am extremely grateful for. And besides all of this the day past quickly into the late afternoon. My mind has been going on and on about Lily. I have no idea if she's crazy or not, but still. I get curious about this stuff, I need paper. I saw Darel in the horse stable. 

"hey Darel, do you have any notebook paper around here?'I asked. He raised an eyebrow.

"Just please, go with it."I asked, he sighed.

"Yea sure. In dads office."He said. I nodded.

"Thanks."I said. I ran to the office, grabbed a clean notebook and a pen, about to walk out until Roger walked in.

"Hi Stryker."He said with a smile.

"Hi Roger. Again I'm sorry about your door. If there's anything you want..."He raised his hand and ut me off.

"Its ok, its easy to replace. Don't worry about it...so where are your friends?"Roger asked. I chuckled.

"Good question, but I can't answer."I started looking around.

"Because I have..." I glanced around.

"No."

"Idea."

"Where."

"They."

"Are."

I said and with each word I looked around in a different spot. No where. Honestly I completely forgot.

"Well have fun, drawing?"He asked looking at me with the paper and pen.

"Yea, Thanks."I said and walked off. I walked outside and into my tent where I can have alone time and I can figure things out. I wrote down everything, or at least the main things she said.

I wrote "Technology" on one page and ripped it out, putting it to the side.

The next page was "Satellites" and did the same, ripped it out, putting it to the side.

Next page was "Watching you." and did the same.

Next page "Watching us.", did the same.

"Next page "They?"

Next page "liars."

Next page "capture."

Next page "Disguise"

Next page "Fell"

Next page "Darkness rise"

Next page "won't be there to see it."

Next and last page "Don't trust them." and thats the one I mosty payed attention to.

Was "them" the ones watching Lily? Watching us? Was she talking about Taemin, herself, and me? Or just me and her? Then the darkness will rise? And we won't be there to see it? That can be taken as the good way, or the bad way. She did say they're coming here though, getting closer. 

"Hey Stryker you in there?"It was the voice of Onew.

"Yea."I said trying to stash all the papers under my pillow. He came in, followed by everyone, at least my tent was actually big enough.

"Hey."I said with a greeting smile.

Jonghyun sat by Onew, Key by Jonghyun, Minho by Key, and Taemin by Minho.

"So where have you guys been?"I asked. 

"Horse riding."Onew exclaimed. I laughed at the way he said it. I stared at all of them, all scrunched up on one side of the tent that was meant for on person.

"Here."I said tapping on the two seats next to me.

"You guys looked scrunched up, scoot over."I said. Minho and Taemin were coming, so I acted fast and sat on my pillow, hoping no one would see the papers. Now Minho was on my left, Taemin on my right.

"Better?"I asked looking at all of them.

"Better."Onew said. Then he looked at my pillow. I shifted to my right slowly, did he spot the papers? Maybe he didn't but Minho did when I shifted.

"What is that?"Minho asked pointing at them.

"Nothing."I said. They were all staring at me, all eyes with curiosity. They kept staring like they weren't going to let it go. Crap.

"Fine."I said and took out the papers. I looked at Taemin.

"Taemin and I met Trey and Darel's sister. She said a couple of stuff that I wanted to figure out."I admitted. 

"Stryker."Taemin said, I looked at him.

"Lily may not be completely sane."He said gently and slowly.

"What are you suggesting?"I asked not looking at him, but ended up staring at the floor.

"I don't know schizophrenic maybe? She showed signs of jittery, tapping on the table, stuttering, and saying things that may not have made sense."He said.

"So you think she's insane?"I asked. He didn't answer, so I took it as a yes.

"Taemin, what if we're the insane and the insane are the sane ones?"I asked in a tone of don't answer that question.

"So what do you have so far?"He asked.

"Yea."Onew said.

"You willing to help out?"I asked.

"Sure, its not like we have anything better to do."Key said ending with a chuckle. Jonghyun elbowed him in the chest, but still kept eye contact with me.

"ok."I said and handed them a couple of papers, but I still kept one and it was small enough where I know it wouldn't of been seen. "Don't trust them." That message was meant for me and I'm going to figure that out on my own. I handed Key "technology" and "satellites". I handed Jonghyun "watching you" and "watching us". I handed Onew "They." and "Liars". Minho got "capture." and "diguise". I gave Taemin "won't be there to see it" and I kept the darkness will rise.

We shared the pen and started writing down notes. Jonghyun and Key were technically working together. Then Key asked a question.

"Stryker? Did she say satelites and technology together? Like in one sentence?"He asked and Taemin answered.

"Not really. From what I can remember. Lily said Satelites are help. Technology is knowledge." I nodded.

"Then it might work."Jonghyun mumbled.

"What might work?"Onew asked looking at their notes.

"See."He said and had the paper facing us four, and he used his finger as a pointer.

"Satellites and technolgy. There's only a couple things where some type of technology uses a satellite."Jonghyun said.

"So it would be a radio, but the knowledge..."I cut Key off. They didn't figure out that part, but I just did.

"Warnings, broadcasting."I said.

"What?"Minho asked. 

"It gives you knowledge. The radio has broadcasting on it, it can give us warnings and whats going on in the city."I said.

"We can check Rogers truck."Onew said.

"Why can't we use your Jeep?"I asked.

"I'm still a high schooler. I won't buy an actual Jeep. Mine is used and has no radio station whatsoever. So we use Rogers."He said.

"I'll go with you."Minho offered. Onew nodded.

"We'll go check it out, you guys stay here."Onew said, then the two walked out. I scooted over to where Minho was sitting and grabbed his notes.

"He actual had a lot more than what I had. I read everything and jotted down final notes, realizing we found another thing.

"Guys look."I said and showed them the paper.

"For disguise and capture. It might be the same the way you two figured yours out."I said looking at Jonghyun and Key,

"The clue's go together?"Taemin asked.

"Exactly. They lure people in, when its fake, and get a heads up for the capture."I said.

"Who exactly are you talking about?"Jonghyun asked. Now here was the part about "Don't trust them"

"I don't know."I said.

"Well atleast we got something for that."Taemin said. I turned to him.

"So what did you get?"I asked.