Flow 9

Flow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina had to choose a partner for her share of the assessment. She had chosen dance while Sun-hee chose composing. She regret picking a dance assessment instead of vocals. Scrunching her hair into a ball she let a mini scream of frustration. She rolled on the floor not knowing what to do.

 

“Is that your new move?” a voice hovered above her. Mina rolled to her back and Jimin’s face was inches away from her face. She kneed him accidentally as an automatic reflex. Jimin hurled over and fell on his back. Mina scrambled to her feet and picked up her poor sunbae who was clutching his stomach.

 

“Oh my gosh sunbae are you okay?!” She slightly shook him. He wasn’t in actual pain but he cringed at her touch just for the fun of it.

 

“Ughhh, do you have a thing for hitting people???” he groaned.

 

“No! It’s just that you came up to me that close. It’s just a reflex! I’m sorry...what can I get you? Ice pack?”

 

He curled up into a ball “I think you left a bruise on my stomach...can you check?”

 

At that moment she knew that he was toying with her.

 

“Psh, you’re not even hurt. Go take better acting classes.”

 

She went back to the spot she was on the floor and laid on her back once more. There was no time for her to fool around. Jimin was disappointed that his act didn’t go through. He scooted his way next to her.

 

“Whatcha doing?”

 

“Thinking. Don’t you have have a schedule or something?”

 

“Yeah I do.”

 

Mina rolled over, “Go then.”

 

“But i’m already here for my schedule.”

 

“What? Should I leave the room.”

 

Jimin flicked her forehead “Silly, my schedule is you! Our dance teacher told me that you needed a partner and haven’t found one yet. I said that I'd volunteer!” he pointed to himself proudly.

 

“Won’t you be busy though?” Mina asked.

 

“Nope, everyone’s doing their own thing for a couple weeks. Plus I’m the best dancer in our group! Well aside from Jungkookie.”

 

He took her phone from her “Let's see what you were watching.”

 

“No no, give it back!” She tried to grab it back but he held her in place with one hand.

 

Playing on her phone was choreography to Ciara’s Body Party. After the video was done. Jimin cleared , “Uh well, that was a really great choreo...you were thinking of doing that with some other guy?”

 

“Yeah who else would I do it with? A chick?” she took her phone back from him, “Well if you’re going to be my partner I don’t want you to do anything that makes you uncomfortable-”

 

“I’ll do it!” The thought of her dancing with him and not some other guy was good enough for Jimin “I always wanted to try out something new like this!”

 

“Alright then” Mina got up and turned plugged in her phone to the speakers “I’ve got down the first half where it will just be me.”

 

He sat against the mirror facing her eagerly. He was mesmerized by her stage presence instead of paying attention to her precision. It was as if she was another person. Her movements were fluid but also delicately precise. After the first half ended she covered her face and fanned herself. It was the first time that she had shown the dance to someone. Especially someone that she knew.

 

Jimin was still caught in her trance and snapped out of it when Mina tapped him on the head.

 

“Hello~ Is sunbae still here on earth?”

 

Jimin automatically gave her a seal clap “Daebak~ that was really good...like it had a y vibe to it”, he covered his mouth when he said that.

 

Mina laughed at how embarrassed he got. It was cute how he was trying to deny his embarassment. She was used to this style when she was in the U.S. so it didn’t faze her as much.

 

“You still up for it?” she asked.

 

Jimin stood up right away “Y-yeah! Of course!”

 

Mina played the song once more and this time around she showed him his part.

 

“So in the beginning, you walk in and pick me up from the ground...then we mirror each other for a few seconds...then you touch here...there...”

 

It was clear as day that Jimin had never danced with a girl like this before. He kept on hesitating even though he wasn’t doing the choreography with her yet.

 

“I think I’ve gotten part of it down...” Jimin replayed the choreo again while he spoke to himself, “move here...and then here...ahhhh” he went to the mirror and placed his head on it, “to be honest, I think this is kind of difficult.”

 

She handed him a water bottle “Here, it’s okay. It’s always hard for someone to do it for the first time. Especially with a stranger.”

 

“You had a difficult time? You look like you could do it in your sleep!” It was hard for Jimin to imagine her having a hard time doing something so flawlessly.

 

Mina laughed “It’s called practice remember? Hmm...well I guess we have to start from step one. Sit down” She held out her hand “hold my hand.”

 

“Okay?” Jimin placed his hand on hers “Why are we doing this?”

 

“So we can make our skinship feel and look natural.”

 

“Ahh...okay.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter