Flow 10

Flow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today was finally the “test” day. This was what Mina and Sun-hee were working hard for. Hopefully they would be able to please the teacher and PD. The BTS members who were invited as well to watch, teacher, and PD walked into the practice room, where Sun-hee and Mina were waiting for them.

“Ok, who will go first?” asked the PD.

“Eonni, can go first, if she wants to.” Sun-hee said looking at Mina.

“Well I guess I can go first.” she looked at Jimin and signaled for him to come over.

 

The members didn’t know that Jimin was working with Mina. No wonder he wasn’t in the dorms chilling with Jungkook this whole time.

 

Sun-hee started the music for them and the two stood by their places. Mina’s gaze transformed along with the music. The guys followed her every movement in awe. Just like practice, she started out by herself. Halfway in Jimin entered the floor with her. J-Hope and V almost lost themselves as they saw the two perform. They never imagined Jimin doing a choreography to a slow beat with a girl. Especially with those moves, pigs might actually fly. The dance came to an end with Jimin’s back facing the audience and Mina facing the front in his arms. She rested her head on Jimin’s shoulders and ended it with a finishing smirk. The members howled in applause. Jimin and Mina bowed and gave each other a high five.

 

“Good job you two. You exceeded my expectations. Mina, I can see that you’re dancing with more feelings than just techniques. That is an improvement. Also Jimin, I’m glad that you tried something new!” The dance teacher ended his comments with a thumbs up.

 

“Next we have Sun-hee and Taehyung. Please take your places”

 

Sun-hee and Taehyung stood up and walked to their positions. She signaled J-hope to start the music. The music started playing a few measures of light piano. Up first was Taehyung, singing and slightly dancing at the same time to the beat. Then came Sun-hee, who seemed very immersed in her song. Even so, after all the practice, she was still having a hard time capturing the full feeling. The two danced and sang and ended with a cute pose. Everyone applauded. It seemed like everyone had enjoyed the performance, except Sun-hee.

 

“Job well done you guys. Sun-hee, you composed the song beautifully and sang it well too. I like how you also tried to incorporate some choreography into the song. Overall, you guys did well.” said the dance teacher. Sun-hee looked at the PD.

 

“Both you and Mina did well. With this I think you guys are close to the debut mark. A couple more assessments and both of you will be ready. Keep up the good work!” Sun-hee and Mina thanked the PD and everyone started to file out of the room.

 

“Oh Miss Sun-hee, can I see you for a second?” asked the PD. Sun-hee and Taehyung looked at each other.

 

“I’ll wait for you outside.” Taehyung left the room, leaving Sun-hee and the PD alone.

 

“What would you like to talk to me about?” asked Sun-hee. Somehow she knew what he was going to say to her.

 

“Ah, I see you’ve noticed it too. To be honest, while you were singing, even though the song was lovely and you sang it well, the feel wasn’t natural. It felt like you forced yourself to talk about love. I’m sure something has happened to you in the past but I won’t ask you to tell me. I just wanted you to know that.” the PD walked up to her and put a hand on her shoulder. “The past is in the past Sun-hee. Don’t be discouraged by this comment. My advice to you is to fall in love again or learn how to portray it through acting. So you can express that feeling correctly. Alright?”

 

Sun-hee clearly understood what he was saying. I can’t become a singer if I can’t express the feeling behind a song. The PD left the room, leaving Sun-hee alone. Taehyung walked in and looked at Sun-hee.

 

“What did he say?”

 

“Nothing much really. He said that even though I did well, it looked as if I was forced to sing something I didn’t want to.” Even though she didn’t say much, Taehyung understood.

 

“Well, we’ll just have to work harder don’t you think? I told you I would help you! Cheer up!” Taehyung smiled his rectangular smile. Sun-hee couldn’t help but smile either.

 

“You know, you’re fun to work with. I don’t know why but we get along so well.” said Sun-hee

 

“Mmm. I don’t know either but that doesn’t matter. Shall we go get something to eat, partner?” asked V. He was holding his stomach and pouting. Sun-hee laughed.

 

“Alright let's go.”

 

----

 

It’s only months until the big debut. If everything goes as planned it would be in three months. The now chocolate brunette rested her head down on the table of her worktable. She had been working through sleepless nights. Every so often, Suga’s voice would ring in her head when her mind was clear of her own thoughts.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter