Flow 14

Flow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The day of their debut showcase finally arrived. The girls endlessly prepared for this one big day. From sweats to tears, everything was set and ready to go. The promotional teasers were released before the tour, showcase tickets sold out, their names were on the headlines. Their duo name, Flow, was the talk on the social media sites saying that they were the next big hit since BTS.

 

[BigHit released a dynamic performance hiphop female duo. They have been the rage since they came out to the public as an opening act for BTS in Japan. Who exactly are these girls and where did they come from?]

 

Mina and Sun-hee monitored their first tv interview in awe. Only just a year ago, they couldn’t of imagined being on television, especially Sun-hee. She had only dreamed of being a composer. Just a behind the scenes type of person and not the one on the other side performing.

 

The girls eagerly waited for the finished MV to be released. Time seemed to be taking forever for the scheduled time. Sun-hee’s legs were restless. She tapped her foot continuously while they waited for the countdown.

 

“Sun-ah you’ll break the floor if you keep on tapping like that” said Mina who was sitting back on the sofa.

 

“But it’s taking forever! I want to see it soon” the younger one squeezed her stuffed alpaca. “Aren’t you feeling excited or nervous at all?”

 

Truth be told, Mina also felt butterflies in her stomach too. It was like waiting for the results of a big final exam. She opened her hand and looked at the small teddy bear phone charm resting in her palm.

 

One week before

 

Mina observed the small parcel that was handed to her. She had searched around the box for a sender name but no name was to be found. By the looks of what was written on the labels, it was most likely from Japan. She thanked the delivery guy and headed back in.

 

Who could it be from? I don’t think I have any friends abroad in Japan right now..

 

Mina carefully opened the package to find two matching alpaca stuffed animals and a small note.

 

[Congratulations Flow for your debut~ We wanted to give you two super awesome girls a gift. It was difficult but at the end we finally decided on two alpacas (Jin insisted). Congratulations again! We’ll definitely go out for BBQ when we come back! -Bangtan Boys.]

 

“How cute” Mina took the two stuffed animals out from the package and another envelope fell out of the box. “Oh? Was there another letter..”

 

[To Mina. Open alone!]

 

She opened up the letter and a silver rilakkuma phone charm slipped out into her hands. In it was also a handwritten letter.

 

[Congrats to our dear Mina! This is Jiminnie-ah~ So sorry for not being able to congratulate you and Sun-hee in person T_T I know you probably need some good luck charm since i’m not there ㅋㅋㅋ Well anyways, since I saw that you like cute characters like Rilakkuma, I bought one for you when we were on break from filming our pv in japan. My good luck charm to you! Keep it with you when I’m not there :D ahh the hyungs are coming back. I gotta slip this in before they see. Congratulations Mina! Go break the views on your guy’s debut MV!]

 

-

 

A smile tugged the corners of her lips, “Yeah I’m a bit queasy but I think we’ll be fine.”

 

“OMG less than 60 seconds omg omg omg it’s here!” Sun-hee shrieked from the living room.

 

-

 

Everything was going well for Flow. The showcase went well, their MV surpassed a million views in a few hours, they topped the charts and beat SNSD’s “Party” and BTS’s “Dope” and they had won awards from Show Champion, Inkigayo, M!Countdown, well, literally every music show they went on. Everyday, their fandom grew bigger and bigger. It first started with a couple hundred and after their debut and wins, the number grew to 2,000. “Flow” was now the hottest trending girl group. Labeled as monster rookies just like their sunbaes.

 

After what seemed like forever, the girls were now done with their promotions and finally gotten their paychecks and a well deserved vacation. Sun-hee decided that she would go stay with her parents and catch up on some studying while she was there and Mina would go work with her manager again during that time. The girls separated their ways at their dorm.

 

---

 

“Eo? Mom? I’m on my way don’t worry about it. No, i’m not riding the subway. I’m taking a taxi. Yes, I know i’m a celebrity now. Thanks. yeah...ok I’ll call when I get there.” Sun-hee hung up and sighed. She knew very well that she was now close to what you would call a celebrity. After becoming successful, the company drilled into the girls many rules.

 

“Now that you two are famous, you need to know a couple of rules.” started BangPD. “First, always be careful. Do not try to cause any trouble. Second, always be alert. you will be followed by paparazzi from now on. Lastly, this is the most important, follow both rules one and two well.”

 

Basically be careful or you’re screwed thought Sun-hee. That was the main message. She finally reached her home. Sun-hee got out of the taxi and gave the driver the fare as well as an autograph because he asked for it. Sun-hee took the elevator up to her floor. She walked to her door and punched in the code. She opened the door and saw balloons in the entrance as well as party streamers. What the heck? “Mom? Whats going on he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter