Flow 17

Flow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day was the most awaited day, Christmas. That night there was gonna be a huge christmas party with the company and the main chefs were going to be Sun-hee, Jungkook and Jin. Mina was going make the desserts for the party. V and the others wanted to help as well but Sun-hee refused to let them into the kitchen. When they asked her why not, she simply answered with “I don’t want to witness the cooking ep of rookie king again.” And like that the boys gave up on asking to help, knowing that they wouldn’t be any help. The group decided to go to the market that afternoon. The main dishes were going to be: tteokbokki, manduguk and bulgogi and the desserts were going to be a christmas cake and hotteok. Sun-hee gave a list to everyone and drilled into everyone’s heads that they were only allowed to buy stuff on the list. If they thought that something was absolutely necessary, only then were they able to buy it.

 

Once inside the market, the group split. V and Jungkook, of course, went with Sun-hee. Mina and the others ended up staying together. By the time the group came back from their “shopping spree” it was already time to make dinner. While the others started decorating the room, the main chefs and main patisserie started working on their dishes.

 

Sun-hee skillfully chopped up the ingredients. Prepping food usually takes a long time but since she had help it was a lot quicker.

 

“Wow, you really know what you’re doing. Not missing a beat.” said Jungkook as he sauteed the bulgogi in the pan.

 

“Don’t flatter me haha, I’m not that great. You just need to know how to follow the directions in the cookbook.”

 

V popped up from behind the counter “Why can Kookie help. I want to help too!”

 

“Say ah” Sun-hee fed him a piece of tteokbokki to quiet the boy down. “We’re almost done, go set up!”

 

“Fine~”

 

The alarm for the cake went off. Mina took the freshly baked cake out of the oven. Jin helped her prep the toppings for the cake while she shaped it. Instead of using frosting, she was using heavy whipped cream. She carefully slabbed on the cream. Turning the platform slowly trying to keep the smooth texture. A few more rounds the cream part was done. She pushed away the stray strands of her bangs out of her face with the back of her hand.

 

“You got some cream on your face” said Jin.

 

“Oh?” She pointed at her face “Where?”

 

“Over there...no other side.” Jin stopped her hand from getting more cream on her face. “Stop moving. Your hands still have some.” He wiped away the cream on her cheek with his thumb. After wiping it off he adjusted her hair band so her bangs wouldn’t get in the way.

 

“Thanks Jin!” Mina smiled.

 

“Park Jimin! The water is overflowing!” Rapmon scolded the younger one. “Pay attention!”

 

“Huh? Oh...” Jimin looked at the cup he was pouring water into. There was a good amount that spilled over. He quickly stopped what he was doing and cleaned up the mess. Sun-hee sighed. She really did pity the poor boy. They quickly setting up and finished cooking. Everything was set except for one thing.

 

“Namjoon hyung, where do I put the mistletoes?” asked V. He was holding three in his hands.

 

“Mmm put one of them on the door, the other on the entrance to the hallway and the last one-”

 

“Put the last one at the entrance to the balcony.” Sun-hee piped in. She washed her hands and went over to V to help him set up the mistletoes. After those were put up, finally, it was time for the party. They invited the staff over. Sun-hee set the dishes on both tables and told everyone to dig in. Everyone had a great time. They ate, sang, played games all the way until the next morning. After everyone finished partying they helped clean up and went to rest after that. Sun-hee and Mina stayed to clean the dishes while the boys relaxed on the couch. The girls finished cleaning the dishes and went to join the boys.

 

“Time to open up gifts!” J-hope said excitedly. They all put their gifts in a pile so no one would know who gave who what. Jin was the first to open since he was the oldest. He unwrapped his gift to find another Mario collectible.

 

“Really guys?” Suga pulled out a pack of boxers but inside was rapped a new notebook for composition. “I thought I ran out of luck.”

 

--

 

Later that night, V had asked Sun-hee to stay awake longer after everyone else went to bed.

 

V signaled Sun-hee to come out of the room. She mouthed ‘what’ to him. He just kept on waving her over. She slipped away to the balcony without disturbing Mina on the other side of the bed. Following V out to the balcony they were greeted with a burst of cold air.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter