Just Look At Me

Because I Have You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Five days after she learned that Tiffany Hwang is Jessica's first love, Yuri decided to talk to her rival. She sent her a note telling Tiffany that she wants to meet her at the shore after work. She intentionally chose the time when everyone is having their dinner. Tiffany was clueless as to what Yuri wants to tell her but the taller girl had no second thoughts about what she wanted to say. 

"Do you still love Jessica?" Yuri asked. Her straightforward attitude astounded the eye-smiling woman. "I already know what happened between you and my roommate. Shirota told me everything including the fact that you chose not to fight for her."

"Why are you asking me about it?"

"Because I love her. So if you're still in love with her, I don't have a choice but to consider you as my rival, Miss Tiffany. I will help her forget the pain that you caused her. I will love her more than you loved her."

Tiffany was silent for several minutes. She expected that things will turn out this way after she saw Yuri looking at Jessica with endearment. "You're free to do whatever you want. I do not have the right to stop you from loving her. You're also human who have a heart that flutters when you see someone like Jessica." With that said, she left. She regret her words but Tiffany doesn't have a choice since she's not the only person in this world who is in love with Jessica.

On the night that followed, while Jessica was busy studying her lessons for the next day, Yuri was inside the bathroom pacing in front of the mirror. She's holding a red rose and is memorizing the lines she want to tell Jessica. Finally, she's ready. She inhaled deeply, composed herself and then stepped out of the bathroom to face the woman that she loves. "Jessica?" she called. The mentioned girl turned around and averted her gaze to the flower in Yuri's trembling hands.

"Yes?" Jessica asked. When Yuri kneeled in front of her, she became more curious on what's running on the tan girl's mind.

"Can you do something for me?" Yuri said with a pleading tone.

"It depends on the favor you're going to ask. What is it?"

"Can you stop thinking about Nurse Hwang and only look at me? I promise that I will make you happy. I will never leave you. I will gladly show the world how much I love you. So please...don't look back to the one who left you. Look straight ahead to the me who's waiting for you."

For the second time, Jessica's heart fluttered after hearing Yuri's words. She can see in her eyes how much she truly love her. Therefore, Jessica smiled and asked Yuri to stand and she also did the same. "Have you always been this romantic?" she asked.

"I've become more romantic after meeting you."

Jessica smiled. She's not wearing a make-up so Yuri was able to see the red tinge on her cheeks. "You look even more beautiful when you're being this romantic," she complimented. She placed her palm on Yuri's face. The warmth of her skin is so comforting it helped ease Yuri's mind. "I'm sorry if I'm hurting you because of my broken relationship, Yuri. It's going to take a while before I'll be able to forget my feelings for Tiffany. But I know, just by looking at you, that I'm now ready to welcome a new person in my heart."

"Does it mean I'm now your girlfriend?"

Jessica chortled at Yuri's excited tone. "You can call me that if you want while I'm still in the process of falling in love with you."

Yuri's glad that she got the courage to speak her heart out. Surely, she's going to work hard until she fully replace Tiffany in Jessica's heart.

On the next day, Yuri woke up earlier than Jessica. After her morning routine, she proceed to the rooftop to prepare something for her crush. Quotations about love and words of encouragement are what she posted on the benches. And then she posted cut outs of the words I LOVE YOU in the trunks of the ornamental trees. Such surprise didn't fail to brighten up Jessica's mood. She likes it. She appreciates Yuri's efforts...a lot.

"Post no bill. You violated that rule today," Jessica said playfully to the girl who approached her holding a red rose. Luckily, the school has a botanical garden that's filled with different kinds of flowers that are available for sale. Or else Yuri will have trouble finding roses to give to Jessica.

"I asked Mrs. Park's permission to decorate this rooftop garden. Do you like it?"

"I do. It's a wonderful surprise Yuri. I think I should do the same for you." Jessica held her violin and played a song she dedicated to Yuri. The song was 'All of Me' by John Legend. Listening to it made Yuri feel like she's the most special person in Jessica's life. She hopes that one day, she'll truly have all of Jessica's love.

While the two were walking on the way to the school campus, Jessica surprised Yuri by holdi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter