New Beginning

Because I Have You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ever since the Yoshen students gained interest at the striking leader of a clique, they became curious of her family background. They searched the internet for articles about her. And knowing nothing about her father made them wonder what happened to him, why is Jessica using her mother's surname, and why her face turns gloomy everytime she's asked about her father by the clueless professors. Now, they see the light to the answers to their questions. In this heart-touching reunion of a father and his daughter during the school's foundation day anniversary, it's becoming clear to them that something happened that brought them apart.

After Mr. Duhamel's speech, Jessica followed him backstage. No words were said so silence reigned for a few minutes until Jessica broke the silence. "Appa," she uttered with her voice cracking in the middle. Her tears continued to fall while she's staring at her father's face. She took slow steps forward until she's just a few inches away from the man she misses the most. Mr. Duhamel closed his eyes when Jessica traced the features of his face. When she's still a pre-schooler, Jessica often does that to her father. She reasoned that tracing her father's face will help her remember how he looks like. 

"I missed you...So much," the father said when he opened his eyes to wipe his daughter's tear-stained face. Jessica continued to cry. So to comfort her, Mr. Duhamel wrapped her in his arms. Just like Jessica's friends and lover who are watching their tear-jerking moment, Mr. Duhamel was also in tears. Jessica is his strength, the very reason why he never gave up in his pursuit of success. And now she is the reason why he will never waste the trust Mr. Morita gave him. "I'm sorry it took me so long to come back. Appa will never leave you again. You'll always be seeing me from now on."

After spending time with Jessica, Mr. Duhamel talked to Mr. Jung in Mr. Morita's office. His master was also there to stand as witness to their conversation. 

"I will not demand for you to give me my daughter. She can stay with you as long as you want. You took care of her so well and I want to thank you for giving her everything that she needs. The only things I want to ask you is for me to be recognized as Jessica's father. And for me to be able to see her and talk to her, be it here in Yoshen or in other places." Mr. Duhamel remained a humble person. He bowed his head when he plead for Mr. Jung to grant him his rights as Jessica's father.

"You humiliated me back there. Was it your way of avenging yourself because I forced you out of Jessica's life?"

Mr. Duhamel didn't answer the question because someone did it for him. Someone whom Mr. Jung haven't seen for a long time. "Instead of saying that it is his way of revenge, it's more proper to say that it is my way of retribution."

Mr. Jung looked at the man with horror. That person who just appeared before him and is now standing beside Jessica's father is Jung Woo Sung. He is the son of Jung Soo Hyun's half-brother whom he denied of his father's wealth. Just like Jessica's dad, Mr. Jung also looked down on Woo Sung's father because he is an illegitimate child. He didn't help in his hospitalization when he was diagnosed with colon cancer. So when his father died, Woo Sung swore that he will avenge his father. He worked in Mr. Morita's shipping company. The businessman took care of him like he is his own son. Years later, Mr. Morita met Mr. Duhamel and also treat him well. When Woo Sung heard his story, he proposed that the American guy should be the next CEO of Yoshen Group. Besides, he believes that Josh is more capable in managing the company than him.

"I'm next in line as the president of this prestigious school that you admire." Woo Sung sneered at the old man. Just seeing his face up close makes his blood boil. "Me and Josh are proofs that a wealthy man like you should never look down on people like us. How does it feel like to have eyes looking at you, wondering what you did that made Jessica miss her father a lot? If I were you, I will not have second thoughts in granting Josh's requests."

"Do whatever you want to do." That was all the defeated man could say before he walked out of the scene. He called his men to fetch him so after ten minutes, a chopper landed in the main building's helipad.

"Grandpa!" Jessica called to her retreating grandfather. Upon seeing the symbol of Daehan Group in the chopper, she immediately rushed to the rooftop to talk to Mr. Jung. "Where are you going? Why are you leaving this early?"

"Something came up at work," he lied. He also faked a smile to show that he's okay. "I hope you're happy to see your father again. Make me proud Jessica. Gra

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter