Come Back To Me

Because I Have You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Attending classes without seeing the popular leader of a clique became a foreign experience to those students who got used to seeing Jessica everyday. Her absence left a big impact in the life of these Yoshen students. Before, their day becomes complete by seeing all the members of the clique walking altogether. But now, there are no students who swoon everytime Haruma and his friends walk in the hallway. It's not only because their most popular member is not with them. But also because the remaining five members barely wear a smile wherever they go because of the fact that their leader is still fighting for her life.

"Yuri?" Alone in the azalea garden was Kwon Yuri. And the concerned person who took the courage to approach her was no other than Jessica's ex-lover. "How are you?" she asked. It's been a month since the accident happened. Jessica is still unresponsive so the fear of losing her totally still dwells on Yuri's heart.

"I don't know what to say, Miss Tiffany," Yuri replied with a voice that's lacking vigor. During weekends, she and Jessica's friends go to Seoul to visit the Jung. Seeing no improvement in the latter's condition caused the light of hope in their hearts to weaken. "I want to say that I'm okay but how can I? I will be just lying to myself if I'll say that I can take it." A lump is forming in but Kwon Yuri is holding back the urge of her tears to fall.

"Don't lose hope Yuri. Jessica is a strong person. She'll fight for her life just like how she fought for your love. She extended so much effort to keep your relationship with her. She is not going to put it all into waste by leaving you. She'll come back. One day she'll wake up to be with you again. Just believe in her Yuri. Jessica is going to come back for you."

Tiffany's encouragement only caused Yuri's tears to fall like rain. That is why the school nurse wrapped her in her arms and allowed the student to cry on her shoulder until she calms down.

"I hate this!" Minhee hissed after closing her book. She has read one paragraph again and again but her mind failed to absorb any new information. The truth is what's bothering her mind are her worries for Yuri and Jessica's friends. Barely hearing them talk and barely seeing them smile for one month is too much for her fangirl's heart to handle. "When will Jessie wake up?" she asked her friends inside the library. "I want her to wake up soon. I'm not used to this kind of atmosphere in Yoshen."

"We do not have superpowers that will enable us to tell when will that happen," Gayoung said to her problematic friend. She too can't understand what she's reading because her mind is also occupied with the same worries Minhee has. But more than Jessica's friends, she worries more about Yuri who is sometimes skipping classes and locks herself in her dorm room. "Right now all we could do is to continue praying for Jessie's recovery."

Also affected because of what happened to her niece was Professor Song. Everytime she checks the class attendance a hint of sadness becomes obvious in her face when she sees Jessica's name in her class record. She misses the girl who purposely comes late in her class. She misses the daughter of her mother's niece, that one independent girl who bravely did things against her grandfather's will.

"Jessica is not going to like it if she'll see you spacing out because of her." This is what Dr. Song said to his wife who zoned out while reviewing the performance records of her students. When Professor Song looked up to him, he smiled and sat beside her with his chin resting on her shoulder. "Don't worry too much Kyo. She'll be fine. One day when you call Jessica Jung thrice, that girl will be on time to say 'I'm here'. She's not going to leave so soon. She's too young to leave this world you know? She's just taking a short break. But after that she'll be back. And I believe that day is going to happen."

"I know. I believe that too. I just don't understand why this need to happen to her. She already gone through a lot. She doesn't deserve this."

"Everything has it's purpose Kyo. Maybe the reason why this happened is to teach her grandfather a lesson. Look at him now. He regrets hurting his granddaughter's feelings. Just think positively okay? Jessica once told me that she's not the type who leaves without saying goodbye. Since she didn't say goodbye to you before the accident happened, that means she's going to come back."

Dr. Song's presence and his assuring words are the reasons why the professor still can manage to smile amidst this new challenge her niece is going through. That is why she's thankful to have him as her husband.

Back at the private hospital in Seoul, Mr. Duhamel remained by Jessica's side, watching his daughter who sleeps like Snow White waiting for a prince to save her with a true love's kiss. "Please wake up," he begged while tears are slowly streaming down his face. Everyday this is what he often does - begging for his daughter to open h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter