Her Silence

Because I Have You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's past six in the evening. Kwon Yuri is still in the clinic because Jessica asked Dr. Song not to let his patient leave until she comes back after class. Yuri's stomach is already calling for food. The bread and butter Tiffany Hwang gave her wasn't enough to fill her stomach. But even if her stomach is growling, Yuri's mind doesn't have the time to think about it. Because right now her mind is filled with a lot of questions. Why? It's because Jessica and all of her friends are in the school clinic not to ask for a medicine, not to consult their handsome doctor or to flirt with the gorgeous Nurse Hwang, but to visit and fetch the one and only Kwon Yuri.

"How's your ankle?" Jessica asked. Her voice lacks the sound of concern but the question itself is enough to let Yuri know that her stern roommate/classmate cares.

"I-It's gotten better. T-Thanks," Yuri replied. It's probably going to take a while before she'll be able to stop stuttering while talking to a Jessica Jung.

"That's good to know."

"Jessie doesn't want you to strain your ankle while it's not yet completely healed. That is why she told us to come here to give her a hand in carrying you all the way to the dormitory," Shirota explained. He's smiling while wriggling his brows to the girl who's blushing because Jessica is concerned about her.

"I didn't say carry her." Jessica threw an icy cold glare at her friend who's indirectly teasing her. "The clinic have something called a wheelchair. And that's what we're going to use to bring her to our dorm."

Yuri refused to accept their help but the guys were persistent so she gave up on insisting. It was such an awkward moment for Yuri. She looked like a VIP who has a good-looking assistants. She's in a wheelchair that's being pushed by Shirota while his friends, including Jessica, were behind them looking cool while walking together. It's a head-turning moment. For once in her lifetime Yuri wanted the earth's crust to open and swallow her. She's so embarrassed at the attention she's gaining from the students outside their dorm room. It amazed them to see the transferee being assisted by their favorite gorgeous-looking students.

"T-Thanks," Yuri said to the group when they reached her dorm room. 

"You're welcome. If you need anything, just call this knight in shining armor," Shirota said, giving her a wink.

"Enough flirting. Return the wheelchair to Dr. Song and send him my regards." Jessica sounds authoritative when she told her friends what to do.

"How about Miss Hwang? Don't you want to send her your regards?" Billy asked in a teasing manner. His friends Haruma and Shirota laughed and it made Yuri wonder what's so funny about his question.

"What's with Nurse Hwang? Why are they using her to tease Jessica?" Yuri asked at the back of her mind.

"Very funny," the annoyed leader replied. Her glare was enough to abruptly stop her friends from laughing. "You can leave. Thanks for your help."

"Are you going to sleep here, Jess?" Yoona asked after the boys left. Yuri anticipated Jessica's answer. Somehow a part of her is hoping that her roommate will say yes.

"Yuri will need someone who can assist her whenever necessary so I'll be sleeping here tonight." Such reply made Yuri sense something in her stomach that's unexplainable.

"Okay. I'll take my leave. See you tomorrow."

Ten minutes after Yoona left, someone rang the doorbell. It's the waiter at the female dormitory's cafeteria. He's carrying a tray of food for two people. Jessica thanked him and gave him a tip before he left.

"Let's eat," Jessica said after placing the food on the study table she placed in front of Yuri. She sat beside her and started eating.

"You ordered these for me?" Yuri asked. 

"There's only the two of us here. Who else should I order it for?"

"N-No one." Yuri smiled to herself. This stern Jessica Jung is also a sweet person. They're not yet close but she's already done things a friend often does.

Speaking of friends, Yuri forgot to reply to Minhee's text messages. She quickly grabbed the phone in her pocket and typed her message, telling Minhee that she's okay and that she's back to her room.

 From: Minhee

I heard Jessica and her friends helped you. Is it true?

 

Since Yuri doesn't like explaining things thru text messages, she sent a message telling Minhee that she'll tell her about it the next day.

From: Minhee

Okay. Don't miss any details. But if it's true, I'm totally gonna feel jealous. They're not the type who care about other people outside their circle.

 

Great. Kwon Yuri made history by being the first person to receive help from Yoshen's popular clique. She's going to be the envy of many and just thinking about it made her want to hide or become invisible.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter