New School, First Encounter

Because I Have You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Here's the first chapter. Thanks to the early subscribers ^^

 

"You'll be fine." Before, these words used to be comforting in Kwon Yuri's ears everytime she face a new challenge in life. But not anymore. Even if her mother keeps on telling her this, it doesn't lessen her hatred towards the fact that the twenty year old heiress of a cosmetics company is now a certified student of Yoshen University.

Yoshen University is a popular Asian school built in a privately owned island in Okinawa, Japan. It was established by a group of wealthy Asian businessmen who aim to produce the best leaders in the business industry. Not only is it famous for its best approach in shaping the minds of heirs and heiresses, it's also famous for having a huge number of good-looking professors and students. And Kwon Yuri's beauty is a great example for that.

"Are you ready to leave?" Mrs. Kwon asked after entering her daughter's room.

"My stuffs are ready. Physically I'm ready. But emotionally? I'm not," Yuri replied in a dramatic manner.

"Are we going to argue about the same thing over again?" Yuri has complained about her enrollment to Yoshen many times that the older Kwon has lost count.

"Mom, I'm already satisfied with my student life in SU. They also have the best teachers in BSBA. I don't need Yoshen to prepare me as the next president of our company."

Mrs. Kwon shook her head in disagreement. "My decision is final Yuri. This is the best for you and our company. Let's go. I don't want us to be late for our flight. I still have a meeting to attend to."

If only her father is still alive, Yuri knows that he'll agree with her. That it's okay not to have the label of Yoshen in her name as long as she will be a great leader and follower.

After arriving at Naha Airport, the mother and daughter drove to the Tomari Port where the university's luxury yacht is waiting to fetch the students - old and new - together with their parents. Everyone's too noisy while talking about how they spent their vacation and how excited they are to go back to Yoshen. The first year students are also having a great time getting to know each other while Yuri is just silent in one corner, wearing a grim face.

"You're only interested to be labeled as a Yoshen graduate because you want to have full control of other people," Yuri muttered. Her mother heard it and she just sighed. She doesn't want to argue with her daughter. Not in a place full of heirs and heiresses from different places across Asia.

Yuri cocked her head when an eye-smiling y brunette sat beside her. "It's my first time seeing you in this yacht. Are you a first year student?" she asked.

"No. I'm on my second year," Yuri replied sternly.

"Then are you a new student? You're also from Korea right? I can tell basing on your looks."

"Yes I am and I am."

"'I am and I am'? That's a funny answer."

"It's because you asked me two questions so I'm giving you two answers which happened to be the same."

The eye-smiling girl found Yuri's answer to be cute so she giggled. "I like your attitude. By the way, I'm a second year BSBA student. My name is Joo Minhee. You are?"

"Yuri. Kwon Yuri."

"Kwon? You mean you're from the family who owns a cosmetics company?"

"Yes. And you must be from a family of bank owners."

Joo Minhee's eyes turned into a crescent when she smiled in affirmation. "Yes, I am. Do you have friends or relatives in Yoshen?"

"No."

"Now that's depressing. It's better if you have someone you know in a new school. How about being my friend? You'll give me discounts in your beauty products and you can get a loan in our bank anytime."

"Is that what they teach you in Yoshen? It sounds like we're going to be friends with benefits." Yuri sneered.

"Kind of. Yoshen students are mostly straightforward. It's an art." Minhee sounds proud of it and it only aggravates Yuri's annoyance with the school her mother is proud of. "So what's your answer? Want to be friends with me? I can help you adjust in Yoshen since you're a transferee."

"I don't think it's a bad idea." Yuri is just forcing herself to be a little nicer because she needs Minhee to help her deal with her new school. "By the way, this is my mother Kwon Eun Hwa."

"Oh! Hello, Mrs. Kwon! It's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Joo Minhee." Minhee shook hands with Mrs. Kwon who is pleased to meet a banker's daughter.

"It's a pleasure to meet you too, Miss Joo. It's so nice of you to be the first person to approach my daughter."

"She's wearing a stern face earlier and even until now actually. That's why I thought of che

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter