Her Actions and Sweet Words

Because I Have You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As time pass by, the number of attendees in the foundation ball decreases. Most of the ones who left to go back to the guest houses are the parents and guardians of the students. It's almost midnight yet the members of the popular clique are still enjoying their night. Together with Yoona, the couple Jessica and Yuri watched their friends as they were dancing to a romantic song. Their dates namely: Gayoung, Minhee, Baifern and Jiyeon are considered lucky by the other students because their dates are Jessica's handsome friends. It is every female Yoshen students' dream to have them as a date.

"Are you expecting a call?" Yuri asked since she noticed that Jessica kept on checking her phone during the thirty minutes that passed.

"No. I'm waiting for my father's text message. I told him that I want to talk to him outside."

"I think he's still busy talking with President Morita and the employees. By the way, how are you related to Mr. Woo Sung?"

"I don't know him. I never met him before. But somehow I can see that he has some resemblance with my grandfather. He never told me about having a relative who lived in Japan so I'm not sure if I'm related to Mr. Woo Sung or not."

After a moment of waiting, Jessica finally received her father's reply. She went outside together with Yuri who's wondering why her presence is necessary. Mr. Duhamel smiled beautifully upon seeing his daughter who run to him to give him a hug. "So, what is it that my baby girl wants to tell me?" the father asked.

"I just want to tell you that I'm dating Yuri."

Yuri's mouth fell slightly agape. Never did she expect that it's what Jessica wants to tell her dad. Internally, the taller girl is happy that Jessica didn't wait for days to pass before telling her dad about their relationship.

"I want to ask for your blessing appa," Jessica continued without hesitation. "Maybe this is a bit disappointing on your part because it's a girl I fell in love with. But I truly love her dad. I cannot change the way my heart beats for her."

Yuri was nervous while waiting for the father's response. He was silent for a while. But later on a smile became visible on the American guy's face which was enough assurance that he's fine with Jessica's relationship with Yuri. "You are a very brave girl Jessica. You're making me proud. Do you know how proud I am to know that you're the most popular student in this school? I was surprised to know that many boys and girls fall for my daughter."

"It's because I took after you. I got your charm, appa."

The two laughed at the compliments they're giving each other. Mr. Duhamel wished them luck and he also expressed his willingness to support whatever decision Jessica is going to make. It made Yuri extra happy that night. Not only did she get Jessica's sweet 'I love you too', she also got the father's blessing. Never did her life feel this complete.

"Appa?"

"Yes?"

"The party's almost over but still you haven't asked me for a dance. Shouldn't you be asking me for at least one dance? I haven't danced with you for years." Jessica pouted and seeing it for the first time made Yuri's heart beat fast. Jessica surely looks adorable when she's pouting.

Mr. Duhamel, on the other hand, chortled when he saw his daughter's pout. It made look far from the stern girl the Yoshen students got used to. "Ms. Kwon, is it alright for this handsome man to ask his daughter for a dance?"

To hear him asking her permission first made Yuri feel honored. "Y-Yes. Of course sir," the flustered girl replied with a bow of respect.

When they returned to the ballroom, the students gave way for the father and daughter. They watched as the two danced a waltz. Mr. Duhamel looked like a king dancing with his daughter in her first royal ball. Jessica looks absolutely happy. And the students are glad to see the smile plastered on the popular girl's face. It's a kind of a genuine smile caused by her reunion with the father she longed to see for a long time.

 

 

The next day came. The sun is already high up in the sky when Yuri woke up. With her eyes closed, she stretched her tired body. And when she took a peek of her room, her weary eyes fluttered open when she saw that Jessica is lying next to her. Her lovely brown eyes are directly looking at Yuri with so much love. "Good morning," the Jung greeted with a sweet smile.

"G-Good morning. How long have you been awake?"

"Two hours I think."

"You slept next to me?"

"No. It's more appropriate to say that I lied next to you within

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter