Stay

Because I Have You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri!!!" Jessica shouted it out loud when she saw a car approaching while Yuri was crossing the street. The truth is Yuri still got time to save herself. One quick move and she'll be out of danger. But seeing the bright headlights and the driver struggling to stop his car on time reminded her of how her father died. That memory crippled Kwon Yuri. Fear consumed her entire being, disabling her reflexes thereby making her unable to act quick to save herself. She closed her eyes, ready to receive her fate. But before she could get hit by the car, somebody pushed her off the road. Unfortunately, that person failed to save herself.

"Jess!!!" Hurriedly, Shirota ran to his friend who's arching in pain. Her head and her limbs were all badly injured.

"Yuu," Jessica uttered weakly. Tears are streaming down her face because of the unbearable pain she feels all over her body.

"Hold on Jess. They already called for an ambulance. The medics will be here soon. Please don't close your eyes. Just look at me. Stay with me okay?"

"W-Where's Yuri? H-How is she? Please tell me that she's okay."

Yuri was in a stunned state because of the bad memory still lingering on her mind. But right after she got back to her senses, she immediately looked for the person who saved her. And what she saw made her knees feel so weak so she stumbled on the ground. There, a few feet away from her, Jessica lies like a lifeless person in Shirota's arms. Her body is covered with blood and her breathing is apparent. With her mother's help, the enervated Kwon Yuri was able to approach Jessica and hold her in her arms. Jessica smiled when she saw that her lover is okay except for some scratches in her hands and elbows. She held out her hand to touch Yuri's face, ignoring the gnawing pain of her elbow and her wounds. "You're okay," she said with tears of joy pooling in her brown orbs. "Thank God you're safe Yuri."

Yuri held Jessica's hand that's still palming her face. She's crying because of how badly injured her girlfriend is. The fear of totally losing her plagued her mind. "Hold on please," she begged, her trembling lips kissing Jessica's palm. "Please stay with me Sica. Don't leave me please."

With a weak smile Jessica replied, "I love you Kwon Yuri. Always remember that."

"Please don't say it like you're saying goodbye. You're not leaving me Sica. Please don't. Please..."

Soon the medical rescue team arrived. They carefully transferred Jessica to a stretcher. And while they were on their way to the hospital,  they attached electrodes, intravenous lines and the likes because Jessica's condition was rapidly destabilizing. For long hours she stayed inside the operating room for the management of her brain injury. The doctors did everything they can to save her from imminent death.

Back in Yoshen University, four students rushed to the employees' dormitory. They knocked several times on the room where Jung Woo Sung and his visitor Josh Duhamel were staying. "What is it? Why are you all here in the middle of the night?" Jessica's uncle asked her friends. His eyes are still adjusting to the lights in the hallway. The employees who heard the loud knocks went out of their rooms to see who it was and what was it all about.

"S-Sir, J-Jessica..." Mark said while gasping. His lungs are screaming for air because they ran all the way to the dorm without stopping. "Jessica is in the hospital. Shirota called me just now. She got into an accident and she's currently in the operating room. She's in a critical condition, sir. M-Mr. Duhamel, P-President Sung...please do something. We need to be there right now. We need to see our friend before it's too late."

Mr. Duhamel's hands were trembling while dialing his assistant's number. He ordered him to send the chopper immediately and to prepare President Morita's private jet. Because Jung Woo Sung's presence in the university is needed, only Mr. Duhamel and Jessica's friends went to Seoul. She's in a coma according to her attending physician. Such news caused the father to fall on his knees and cry. The possibility that he might not see his daughter's smile once again scares him.

"She'll be okay, Uncle," Yoona assured Mr. Duhamel even if she too needs to be consoled. "Jess is a fighter. She's going to fight for us. I know that one day she'll wake up and be able to laugh with us again."

In Napa, California, CEO Jung is inside the his study waiting for news from the twenty-six year old Korean he hired to torture Kwon Yuri. He investigated on the latter's past that is why he knew about the guy whose father was accidentally killed by Mr. Kwon. He's holding a grudge against the Kwons that is why it became easy for the CEO to convince him to torture Yuri until she gives up her relationship with Jessica. Ten minutes later his phone rang. The number was from an unknown caller and seemed to be from a foriegn land that is why the old man ignored it. But when his phone rang for the third time, he was forced to press the answer button. "Who's this?" he asked in his authoritative tone.

"It's me, Jung Woo Sung," the caller replied with a slightly threatening voice. Him calling the old CEO made the latter frown.

"What do you need?"

"I called to inform you that Jessica is battling death right now. Yuri was kidnapped b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter