Essence of Sacrificing

Because I Have You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tenth day of February. Jessica Jung is slowly walking her way to the school clinic for another appointment with Dr. Song when she met Professor Oh along the hallway. He paused on his tracks to give his greetings to one of his famous students. And as a common courtesy, the latter did the same in a traditional Korean way of greeting a superior (a practice that was taught to her by her Korean mother).

"Is someone celebrating her birthday today among the faculty staff, Professor Dennis?" Jessica asked upon noticing the medium-sized pink paper bag the professor is holding that has another pink thing inside. As long as she remembers, no one among the professors was born on this day. Because if someone is, her Aunt Hye Kyo would have been busy thinking of a gift for a natal day. It has become her habit to consult her niece with the kind of present she should give to her co-workers. 

"No. No one is celebrating her birthday today. I'd like to give this to a special someone. She likes pink stuffs so I chose this color of the paper bag. I hope that she's going to like my present for her." The handsome professor smiled brightly at his student. His description of that special someone reminded Jessica of the person she knows who loves pink so much. And that person is no other than her ex-lover Tiffany Hwang.

"Could it be Miss Tiffany?" Jessica asked herself after the Professor left to give his gift to his special someone. "Well, I hope she is the person he's referring to. Professor Oh is a nice and handsome guy. The two of them will make a great couple. Besides, it's about time for Miss Tiffany to have a new person to love." 

Jessica continued murmuring to herself. And the sight of her doing so drew a smile in the face of someone who saw her from afar. "You're walking faster now. I'm glad your body is one hundred percent back to normal," that person said upon walking beside the famous student. He walked like a cat, his feet produced no noise at all so Jessica felt like her heart nearly jumped out of her chest when he spoke.

"Nurse Lee, stop appearing out of nowhere. You scared the hell out of me!" the frightened student reprimanded the school nurse. Donghae beamed and waved a peace sign. 

"On your way to the clinic?"

"Yes. Like what you said, I'm one hundred percent back to normal but Uncle Joong still insisted to conduct a regular check-up. My fractures have long been healed. It fact it did when I'm still in a coma. I can now manage to walk normally. My elbow has stopped hurting. What else does he want to check?"

Donghae cackled at the sight of the once stern student now whining like a child. "Your uncle just want to make sure that you're completely fine. Aside from the fact that you suffered from several fractures, you also had a brain injury. A complication secondary from a previous brain injury is something us in the medical field fears to happen. Dr. Song only wants to make sure that you're always in a good condition. So stop whining and just follow the doctor's order okay?" 

"As if I have a choice other than agreeing to him. You know how stubborn and persistent he becomes when it comes to my health. By the way, why are you holding a pink rose Nurse Lee?" Jessica had the sense that the flower the school nurse picked from the school's botanical garden was for Tiffany since it's pink. And she wasn't mistaken. It really was for her ex-lover.

"I'm courting her for more than a month now," Donghae admitted with a shy smile plastered on his face. He looked around them and since there wasn't anyone around, he proceeded with what he'd like to say. "Listen Jess. I know about your past with Tiff. Though she didn't tell me, I knew it because it's obvious in the way she's looking at you in the earlier days. Everytime you're inside the clinic or when Tiff is staring at you from afar, there's always something special in the way she's looking at you." 

Jessica isn't surprised with what she heard. Donghae, for her, is a very observant person just like Tiffany and the other school nurse named Qri. Therefore, she expected him to find out the kind of relationship she had with Nurse Hwang without the need to tell him about it. And for sure his sister Nurse Qri also knows about it through observation. "Why are you telling me about it, Nurse Lee?" 

"Because you are one of the people she values the most. You're very important to her, Jessica. And as someone important in Tiffany's life, I'd like to know if me courting her is okay with you." 

"Miss Tiffany is not my property. Our relationship has long been over and I already freed her from our hurtful past. Sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter