I Choose You

Because I Have You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been more than two months since Yuri heard Jessica's sweet I love you too. And here they are at President Jung's new property in Napa where he lived to get rid of the memories painted at every corners of his mansion in San Francisco. Meeting Mr. Duhamel and his half-brother's son, Jung Woo Sung, during his visit at Yoshen University placed his mind in turmoil. He worried about will happen next. And most of his worries were centered on Jessica. His newly bought vineyard and mansion in Napa Valley helped to ease his mind...at least just a little.

Three weeks ago, Jessica told her grandfather over the phone that she is dating her roommate Kwon Yuri. The old man didn't say anything about it so Jessica decided that it's better for them to talk face to face with Yuri by her side.

"For the second time that you got into a relationship it is a woman you fell in love with," says the old CEO in a voice that sent chills down Yuri's spine. The way he looked at the couple's intertwined hands was so strong that it can bore a hole down the earth's core. "What is it about them Jessica? Why can't you love a man instead? There are so many men in this world so why should it be a woman again?" He strongly emphasized the last word because of how disappointed he is with Jessica's ual preferrence.

"I care not about someone's gender, Grandpa. As long as the person can make my heart beat fast and then slow down in just a flick of the hand, as long as that person can make me feel like I'm the most important person in his or her life, and as long as I see love in that person's eyes without the need for words to be said...I will genuinely love that person. Miss Tiffany had those effects on me that is why I loved her. And now Yuri did too in a way that is more special which is the reason why I am so in love with her. So if you plan to say no to this relationship, I'm sorry to tell you this but I'm not gonna stay away from her."

Jessica has courage that's stronger than what Yuri has. That is the fact the latter admitted to herself. Truly the woman she fell in love with deserves to be fought for. Why Tiffany Hwang chose to abandon a dauntless lover like Jessica is something Yuri cannot understand at this moment that she witnessed Jessica's courage to stand for what she think is right. Seeing the younger Jung that way made Yuri feel like she's obliged to do something too to prove herself worthy of her.

"I love her, Mr. Jung," Yuri butted in. Her nervousness is obvious in her face but her courage weighs more than her anxiety. "I may not be as wealthy or as intelligent as your granddaughter, but my heart only beats for her. I love her and that is what I'm sure of. I don't need reasons to explain why I feel that way towards her. I don't need a standard in love either. Because if we'll depend on those things in a relationship, love will not be sustained."

Yuri's words silenced the man for a long time. But Mr. Jung is not yet done. He wants the best for his granddaughter and Yuri, though she's an heiress, does not meet his expectations. It's alright for him if she's Jessica's friend. But as a lover, he strongly disagrees. "There are so many men who deserves to be with my granddaughter. And they are also qualified to be Jessica's husband so if I have to force her to marry one of them, I will not hesitate to do that."

Hearing him say such things caused Jessica's blood to boil. "You cannot tell me what to do and who to marry Grandpa. I have the right to decide for myself. I am not your robot! You cannot control my life forever!"

"Yes I can!" The old man got up and slammed his table. "I am your legal guardian and it is my duty to decide what is best for you. You need a man who knows a lot in the telecommunications and manufacturing industry and not a woman from some damn cosmetics company!"

"With all due respect sir you do not have the right to insult my mother's business. She and my father worked hard for it. They started from scratch for it to become what it is now." Yuri remained calm even after Mr. Jung insulted her family's business.

"What is it now, Ms. Kwon? Has it spread it's popularity worldwide? Has it reach the global market?" Mr. Jung continued to insult Kwon Cosmetics Company with his questions. Jessica told him to stop but he didn't bother to listen to her.

"Since our products have the best quality amongst Korean beauty products, we're near to achieving that, sir."

"How near? When will that happen Miss Kwon? Once my granddaughter is beyond marriageable age?"

"So you're saying that the very reason why I cannot be with Jessica, despite KCC's potential for success, is that our company doesn't hold the seventy years legacy your company has?"

"Exactly. You made a brilliant guess Miss Kwon. The person that I want for Jessica is someone who is from a family whose business have the same level of success as Daehan Group. And not from a family like yours."

There's no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter