Final

Because I Have You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kwon Yuri is just less than a month away from finishing her college degree. Looking back on the first day she set foot on Crystal Island, she can't help but to cackle at her once stubborn self. Three years ago she was this person who hated the news of qualifying for Yoshen University and who judged every Yoshen students as arrogant and selfish heirs and heiresses. And on her first night at the dormitory, she wished for days to pass by quickly so that she can go back to her homeland and continue living her life the way she wanted it to be. But later on, that mindset changed when she met this person who always starts her day with music she produces with her violin. Jessica Jung changed her from the person who hates being in Yoshen to a person who never wants to leave the university anymore.

"Why are you spacing out in such a merry day?" asked the first person who befriended Yuri and the first person to give her a hint about Jessica's life as a popular university student. After their morning classes, Yuri spent her time alone at the covered walk near the school entrance. Minhee was with her friends and her boyfriend Haruma when she saw Yuri staring blankly at the facade of the main school building. Because it seemed to her that the tan girl needs someone to talk to, Minhee excused herself to join Yuri in her stand.

"I'm just looking back on the old days. Time flew so fast Minhee. I can't believe we'll be graduating soon. I had a lot of great memories here and I'll forever treasure those memories in my heart," Yuri belatedly replied.

Minhee smiled because of the positive comment Yuri has about the school she once hated. "I didn't make a mistake when I told you that you're going to like it here. Listen to yourself now. You're appreciating Yoshen instead of complaining."

Yuri faced her friend and meekly smiled. "I was wrong in making judgments. My experiences here proved to me that even the richest of our kind can be the humblest person we'll ever know. I met a lot of great people here Minhee and you're absolutely one of them. I can't thank you enough for what you've done for me as a friend."

"To be honest I didn't do much to be accounted for. But still, I want to express my gratitude because you accepted me as your friend Yuri."

Together the two wandered their eyes at the school that they're going to miss. But more than this, there is one more reason that's making Yuri space out. It's the woman of her dreams who's working hard day and night as the head of Daehan Group and as a Yoshen student. There were days that Jessica's body was overwhelmed with fatigue. But seeing her friends online, especially her lover, boosted her energy level and inspired her to keep moving forward.

"I miss Jess. When is she coming back?" Billy asked his friends who were also lounging at the meadow where the clique spent another of their free time. "She's supposed to be back by now isn't she?"

"I don't know about that Billy. She's still busy with lots of things in the company. But I really hope for her to come back soon. I miss having her around too," Mark replied with a sad tone.

When dinnertime came, they gathered again at the cafeteria together with their lovers and other friends like Yuri and Victoria. They reminisced about their early days in college. And talking about this reminded them of that one person lacking in their circle. Each one of them wished for that person to be back soon. And that wish was later granted that night. Because when the group was almost done with their meal, a sound of violin echoed in the vicinity. All of them jolted off their seats to search for the source of that sound and this led them to the rooftop of the females' dormitory. "Jessica..." they uttered at the same time when they finally saw who was playing the violin.

Once done with the song, Jessica looked up to her friends and smiled. "Hi guys. Miss me?" she said in a cheerful tone. Convinced that they're not hallucinating, Jessica's childhood friends ran to her and squeezed her into a group hug. They were hugging her too tight to the extent that she nearly choked. But thanks to Yuri's help Jessica was freed from her friends' tight embrace.

"Jess, why didn't you tell us that you're coming? We could have fetched you at the airport or waited for you at the shore," Billy said to which Jessica responded with a light punch on his arm.

"Idiot. I didn't say that I'm coming back today because I want to surprise you guys. How's everybody? I miss all of you especially my Kwon Yuri." After clinging to her arms, Jessica tiptoed to give Yuri a kiss on her lips.

"Err. PDA. Stop doing that Jess!" says Yoona who scrunched her nose at the sight of the Yulsic couple showing intimacy in front of their friends.

"You're just jealous because you can't do PDA since your girlfriend is miles away from here," Jessica countered, making others laugh.

After their short conversation at the rooftop, the group returned to the cafeteria where the remaining students also rejoiced after seeing Jessica again. They listened to her as she shared her experiences as the temporary head of Daehan Group and how challenging it was to balance her responsibilities as a student and as a businesswoman.

"Grandpa went back to work yesterday. His condition improved a lot after his physical therapy and diet regimen. He's performing his duties as CEO again. But that's only temporary. A month after our graduation I will be the official CEO of Daehan. Honestly speaking it's making me nervous to fully take control of the company."

"Why are you not going to take over the company as soon as you graduate? Why do you need to wait for a month? You already have your experience in managing the company so it's okay for you to take over as soon as possible," Yoona inquired.

Before giving an answer, Jessica interlaced her fingers with Yuri and gave her a meaningful smile that confused the tan girl. "I haven't been with my girlfriend for a long time. Therefore I need at least a month to catch up with the times that we missed. Actually a month is such a short period but of course I cannot let my grandfather wait for me for too long."

Blood rushed on Yuri's cheeks because of Jessica's reply. It made her excited for that one month entirely devoted to her. When they were done with their meal, they returned to their respective dorm rooms except for Jessica and Yuri who went to the top of the hill to visit their safe haven.

"I missed this treehouse. It looks as good as new. Have you always been coming here? It seems like you kept on cleaning it because it's dust free," Jessica asked her lover lying beneath her.

"Well, I can't help missing you everyday so I kept on coming here. When I'm here, I feel like you're sleeping by my side and hugging me."

Jessica giggled at her girlfriend's reply. She palmed her face and gave her a sweet, lingering kiss. "I'm sorry it took me a while to come back. I'm here now. In our remaining weeks in this island, you can hug me anytime you want and I'll always be by your side whenever you need me. I love you, Kwon Yuri. So much," she said in a voice that sounded like music in Yuri's ears.

"I love you too Jessica Jung, daughter of Leslie Jung and Josh Duhamel and the beautiful next CEO of Daehan Group."

"Why are you suddenly giving me long descriptions? Are you indirectly proposing to me Miss Kwon? Because the way you said it sounds like someone making a proposal to her lover."

Yuri smiled and shook her head no. "Not yet. I just want to indirectly remind you that I only want you to look at me and not to anyone else. And...to remind you that I love you so much for who and what you are."

Jessica took Yuri's hand that's her hair and allowed it's warmth to linger on her skin. "You do not need to remind me Yuri. Your love for me is saved in the memory of my every ce

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter