The Joy Of Being Loved

Because I Have You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been a while since Jessica played her violin. After recovering from coma, she never played it again since she focused on trying to gain back her ability to walk unsupported. After contemplating at the rooftop of the school's main building, Jessica returned to the dormitory. She's expected to go to the cafeteria at the groundfloor where Yuri and their friends are waiting. But instead of doing so, she went to the rooftop bringing with her the musical instrument she treasured the most. Since it's still challenging for her to walk unsupported, Jessica felt out of breath when she reached the place where she often stay for an hour every morning.

I LOVE YOU. Some of those paper cut outs prepared by Yuri months ago still remained posted on the trunks of the ornamental trees that can be found in that rooftop garden. Jessica smiled while tracing the letters of those magic words. Seeing it made her feel better and less tired.

"Even without your presence I can cheer up because of you," she said while still looking at those letters representing Yuri's feelings for her. She talked like her girlfriend is in front listening to her every words. "I love you too, Kwon Yuri. Heaven and earth knows how much I love you. Even this violin knows that." Jessica rested the base of the violin on her shoulder and started playing a love song she dedicates to the woman that she loves the most. The girls and boys waiting for her at the cafeteria heard this so they went to the rooftop to see if it's really Jessica who's playing that beautiful melody.

"I missed this," Yoona said with her eyes glued on her beautiful violinist friend. The rest agreed with her. They too missed hearing Jessica's music especially the one named Kwon Yuri.

"This is where I first saw her," Yuri said to her cousin Sooyoung. "It's like a magical moment. Like the whole place transformed into a paradise where only the two of us were around. That day...that morning...is the first chapter of my love story with a wonderful person like her."

Sooyoung wanted to laugh at how cheesy her cousin sounded. But because she doesn't want to burst her bubble, she stopped herself from laughing. She then looked at Im Yoona who looks happy while listening to her friend's music. She knows that the doe-eyed girl likes her bestfriend. Yuri didn't skip that part when she told her about her romance in Yoshen. Someday, Sooyoung hopes that Yoona will look at her the same way she does with her bestfriend.

"Beautiful," Yuri complimented as she stepped forward so that she can hold Jessica's hand. "Your music always sounds magical, Sica. Every note can make my heart pound."

"The song is dedicated for you," Jessica admitted with all honesty. "I came here to play the violin because I'm troubled with something. And when I'm in that state, the music I produce is always a sad one. But when I saw these words - these words you posted here as a surprise for me months ago - my mood lightened up so I played that song instead. I'm not going to ask you if you like it because it's obvious that you do."

Yuri smiled because Jessica knows her so well. So instead of saying something to counter her statement, Yuri just gave her a quick kiss. "It's dinnertime," she announced. "We were waiting for you at the cafeteria. Are you ready to leave or you still want to stay here a little longer?"

"I'm ready to have dinner Miss Kwon. But I'd like to make a little request if that's okay with you."

"What is it?"

"I want a piggyback ride. I didn't bring my crutches and I don't want to return to our room just to get it either." Yuri chuckled at Jessica's cute request. The latter likes riding on Yuri's back. It's something she didn't experience much when she was a kid because she was separated to her father at an early age.

"Yoona_sama, this ramen tastes great. Would you like to have some?" Yoona choked on her drink when Sooyoung addressed her with a loving Japanese honorrific. Not to specially mention that the Tokyo girl called her 'Yoona_sama' in front of their friends who are gathered in a long rectangular table.

"Yoona_sama?" Jessica questioned, curving her cute brows due to curiosity. "Am I missing something here?" Even the rest of the clique were curious as to what's going on between their friend and Yuri's cousin. They're excited for it though. It's about time for their doe-eyed friend to have romance where the other side reciprocates her feelings.

The young Im pondered on how she should explain Sooyoung's way of addressing her. But Choi Sooyoung is a woman of surprises. She's the one who explained it instead. Yoona blushed madly due to embarrassment and also for being touched with how much Sooyoung

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter