Unselfish Hearts

Because I Have You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"We lost three investors today." This is the bad news that Yuri's mother mentioned in her latest e-mail a day prior to Yuri's flight back to Japan with Jessica and her friends. Her mother stated that the investors didn't give her enough reason why they changed their minds on investing at KCC. They simply told her that the company is not worth the risk or their money. It's an excuse that surely hurt Mrs. Kwon's pride as a businesswoman. Of course Yuri knows why they've done it to a company that many believe has a great potential for success in the global market. It's most probably CEO Jung's doing because he has a strong influence to a huge number of Asian investors.

"I'm sorry mom," she said after reading the e-mail. She's talking to the computer screen as if her mother can hear her. Mrs. Kwon is not yet aware that Mr. Jung disapproved her relationship with Jessica. She's afraid to tell her because Eun Hwa might force her daughter to break up with Jessica for the sake of their business.

"Are you okay?" Mark asked Yuri who's spacing out at the gazebo. Jessica and the others are at the garden checking for part-time jobs available online. "You seem to be in deep thoughts. Is it about Jess?"

There's no point in denying the truth so Yuri told him what happened. "Yes. Something that has to do with her. My mother told me that we lost three investors today. They're vital in our business expansion in China and Singapore."

"And you assumed that Mr. Jung is behind this?"

"That's the only conclusion I can think of. Why? Am I wrong for assuming that he's behind this?"

"No. I believe you. Mr. Jung is capable of doing something like that. He has a strong influence to other businessmen. Actually, we also lost an investor to our restaurants in LA and New York. Father said that CEO Jung has something to do with it. My parents treat Jessica like their own child. So everytime they call me they often ask how she's doing especially now that she's spending her vacation here. I told him what happened recently, the thing about you and Jess. That is why he was able to assume that CEO Jung is the reason why we lost an important investor."

It isn't only their businesses that got affected by Mr. Jung's wrath. Mark shared that two shareholders withdrew their shares at the Im family's hotel and resort businesses. Same thing happened to the automobile manufacturing company owned by Shirota's family. The oil company owned by Haruma's parents lost some of their long time customers. And the construction firm of the Davidson family lost their credible supplier. Jessica doesn't know all of these. They don't plan to tell her because they're afraid to lose a really good friend whom they've known for a long time.

"We can get through this." Mark beamed an assuring smile while patting Yuri's back. "All of us should stick together. Father said that in order to make the old man give up, we should show him that no matter what he'll do, our relationship with Jessica will remain strong. Other than that, Jessica needs our continual support. So don't give up Yuri. Don't let this situatiom bring you down."

Since she can see the overwhelming support of Jessica's friends, Yuri swore to herself that she won't give up.

Waiting for them at the airport in Okinawa was Jessica's father and Uncle Woo Sung. They escorted them all the way back to Crystal Island to ensure their safety just in case Mr. Jung will resort to a foul method to break the couple apart. After resting for an hour, Jessica went to Mr. Morita's office. Her father and uncle were also there together with her Aunt Song Hye Kyo and her husband Dr. Song. They were discussing about Jessica's situation and how they can help her deal with it.

"What is it that you want to tell me, Miss Jung?" President Morita asked in his friendly tone. "You can tell me in front of everyone. After all, they're your family."

Jessica was nervous so she breathed in deeply to calm her nerves. "I...I want to apply as a student assistant, President Morita. I don't want to continue studying here for free just because your heir is my father and the next university president is my uncle. And on top of that, Professor Song is also my relative because she's my mother's cousin. I don't want to take advantage of my relationship with all of them. So please let me work to compensate for the privileges that you've given me."

"Miss Jung, you don't have to do it. It is my decision to let you study here for free starting this s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter