Recognizing Feelings

Because I Have You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica's birthday party lasted until seven at night. Everyone enjoyed it especially because the clique showed their friendliness to their classmates. They took pictures, drank wine, danced, sang and laughed at the funny stories they shared. Although the celebrant barely talked (which is expected of Jessica), her classmates were still happy and very pleased to see her seldom smile.

"Five full glasses of wine is the limit but I have only seen you drank one glass the whole day." The beautiful accounting professor Song Hye Kyo beamed her warmest smile while offering Jessica a half glass of wine. She approached her because she saw the celebrant was alone under the tree while the rest were lying on the grass under the canopies and were listening to their classmates' stories.

Due to common courtesy, Jessica accepted the wine and the two clunk their glasses before taking a sip of the alcoholic drink. Yoshen students are only allowed to drink alcohol on occasions permitted by the administrators. The President, who brought two bottles of expensive wine, has left two hours ago. He left the students in the care of their favorite professors.

"You already drank more than the limit. Your husband might scold you once you get back to the employees' dorm," says Jessica. Song Hye Kyo is her mother's cousin so she's addressing her informally when they're not in class.

"Your uncle will not mind if I'll get drunk. He actually told me to drink ten glasses. Besides, I'm the type who don't easily get drunk by drinking a wine with only twelve percent proof. By the way, this is a gift from me and your uncle. He's the one who made it. I'm in charge of the picture frame."

The gift that Professor Song gave to Jessica was a sketch of her and her mother. Internally she frowned after seeing the sketch of Leslie Jung cradling her. Because even if she loves her mother, Jessica feels an ounce of bitterness towards her since she didn't fight for her father.

"During the last time I talked to her, Leslie told me how sorry she is for being weak. She's sorry she couldn't stand against your grandfather's will."

"Let's not talk about it. It has passed. Thanks for this. It's a lovely artwork."

"You're welcome. Let's go back to the group."

"I'll join them later. You can go ahead. I want to be alone for a while."

"Okay. Don't get too emotional. It's your birthday and I don't want to see my beautiful niece crying on such special day."

Jessica smiled and nodded. After downing the content of her glass, she left to go to the garden. She stood under the cherry blossom tree and allowed her soul to be drowned by the beautiful landscape before her. "You're free to come out. Stop hiding like you're some spy," she uttered without turning her back to see Yuri who (not so) secretly followed her. "What do you want?" she asked after facing her roommate.

"N-Nothing. I just want to make sure that you're okay."

"I'm eighty percent okay. The rest? You already know the story behind it." At least most of it, Jessica wanted to add but chose not to because it's about Tiffany.

"I'm sorry I didn't prepare any gift for you. I'm not aware that it's your birthday today."

"It's okay. Since you looked happy while jamming with our classmates, I am already considering it as a gift."

The fact that her happiness matters to Jessica made Yuri blush. "W-Why are you considering it as a gift?" she queried.

"You don't like this school. But since you looked genuinely happy back there, I'd like to assume that it means you're starting to accept Yoshen."

Even if she's curious on how Jessica knew that she doesn't like Yoshen University, Yuri didn't bother to ask. "You're the reason why I'm starting to like this school."

Jessica smiled. It's another confession of love. Maybe if she likes her too, Jessica would be blushing by now. "Yuri?" she called. Her eyes showed that whatever it is that she wants to say, it is something serious.

"Y-Yes?"

"I was fifteen when I fell in love with someone. And until now I still like her even if she's pushing me away. I'm telling you this not to reject your feelings for me. I'm saying it to inform you that it might not be easy for you to make me fall in love with you. So my question is...are you still going to continue loving me?"

Yuri is curious as to who currently owns Jessica's heart. But whoever that person is, she's not willing to give up. She loves Jessica and she hopes that one day, she'll learn to love her the same way she loved the woman she didn't name. Therefore, with so much determination reflected in her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter