Don't Call It Goodbye

Because I Have You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Despite CEO Jung's attempts to bring them down and break them apart, Jessica and Yuri's relationship remained stronger like a tower of steel. Yuri continued supporting Jessica, assuring her that no matter what the old man will do, she will never abandon her in her fight for happiness. In times that Jessica worries about her lover and their friends because of the difficulties they're going through because of her, Yuri is always ready to give the comforting hug that she needs. She is the reason why she still can manage to smile amidst the storm so Jessica is thankful that she opened her heart for someone like Kwon Yuri.

"Do you always space out when you're alone?" Professor Oh asked Tiffany Hwang who zoned out when she saw Yuri and Jessica spending time at the bonsai garden.

"I-I'm sorry, Professor Oh. How long have you been here?"

"Long enough to tell that you spaced out for fifteen minutes. Here, drink this. Dr. Song told me that you like an iced coffee."

Meekly, Tiffany accepted the cup of coffee bought by the professor. "T-Thank you, Professor Oh. Is there anything that I can help you with?"

"Nothing. I'm just wondering if you're free next Sunday. There's an annual charity event that I'm going to attend to in Kyoto. I'm wondering if you'd like to go with me."

Professor Dennis Oh is a handsome professor admired by many. Just like Jessica, he also have an American blood flowing in his veins and it's pretty obvious in his physical appearance. His invitation sounded like he's asking Tiffany for a date which caused the latter's blood to rush on her cheeks. "W-Why me?" she wondered.

"The professors that I'm close with are all in a relationship especially Hye Kyo who's already married and Yeseul who's now engaged. I'd be in trouble if I'll invite them to be my date for the charity event." The professor smiled awkwardly while scratching his nape. "Why? Are you in a relationship too, Miss Hwang? Will I be in trouble if I'll invite you for the charity ball?"

Professor Oh's question brought Tiffany in deep thoughts. Yes, she's not in a relationship. After her break up with Jessica, she didn't go on a date with anyone. She have many suitors but they all failed to win her heart that remained dedicated to the Yoshen student. But seeing her happy with Kwon Yuri is enough to make her realize that they'll never be like what they used to. And that all she can offer her is friendship, assistance and not love.

"No. I'm not in a relationship, professor. Well, if your friends really can't go with you then I'll - " Tiffany was cut off when Donghae appeared out of nowhere.

"Tiff, Qri is looking for you. The inventory of last week's supplies doesn't match that of today."

"Really? I must have missed something. I'm sorry Professor Oh but I need to leave you for a while. Let's just talk about it later."

Donghae smiled to himself after Tiffany left. But that smile was completely taken away when he met Professor Oh's curious gaze. "You did it on purpose didn't you?" he asked. His eyes remained glued on the male nurse giving him a hard time to think of an excuse to brush off his assumption. "And she doesn't know?" Professor Oh added, convinced that Donghae likes Tiffany even if he didn't admit it.

"Does it matter if I do?"

The nurse's reply and his brave stance entertained the professor. "Then you got yourself a rival, Mr. Lee." The professor tapped Donghae's shoulder and smiled at him before he left.

"As if it's easy to win Tiffany's heart. You're gonna have a hard time to do it just like in my case," Donghae mumbled while watching Professor Oh until he's gone out of sight. Since the professor has started to make a move, Donghae decided that it's time for him to do the same. He'll try even a hundred times until Tiffany forgets about her love for Jessica.

 

"I'm going home this Saturday after class," Yuri told her girlfriend who's seated next to her under the tall bonsai tree. "It's my father's ninth death anniversary on Sunday. I'll be back a day after that."

"I wish I can go with you to pay my respect. Without your father, there will be no Kwon Yuri who can make me smile." Jessica sounds serious with her compliment. Her eyes are once again making Yuri enthralled. If they're not in a public place, she could have kissed her already.

"It's okay if you can't be there with me. My father can hear your thoughts wherever he is now."

"Can you tell me how he died?"

"Car accident. He's on his way home when he saw an overspeeding car approaching him. He tried to avoid a collision but this caused him to lose control of his car. The accident was terrible. The impact caused an explosion so he can barely be recognized."

Jessica saw the tears pooling in Yuri's eyes while remembering that terrible incident so she enveloped her in her arms. "I'm sorry for asking. I'm not aware of how terrible it was."

A day before Yuri's flight, while Jessica was busy keeping the dried plates in the cafeteria, Shirota appeared before her. He's wearing a smile while waving a passport and what seemed to be a plane ticket.

"What's that?" Jessica asked so her friend placed the passport in her hand together with the ticket.

"It's your passport and plane ticket to Seoul. The two of us are going there tomorrow."

"Tomorrow? Wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter