Loser

World Of Our Own
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

To my subbies and my frequent commentors! Komawo!!! I really enjoy talking to you guys! To the Royal upvoters! Some even upvoted when no chapter had yet been posted. Woah! Just like me! LOL

 

To: jodirish eli21bj LadyNomi antoine23 greedy dockieph

 

Kamsahamnida for upvoting!!! Anong nakain nyo? HAHAHAHA!

 

 

 

 

 

 

The light was blinding as I kept my hand from covering my eyes. It was hurting my brown orbs for a bit. A single touch of something soft above my head made me realized I was wearing a veil. A wedding veil. My gaze went down to my own; my other hand kept the pleasant bouquet of blue and white roses complimenting the elegant white wedding gown. I couldn’t seem to focus with the detail of my sophisticated dress. I just knew it could beat all those wedding gowns that even queens and princesses of other countries wore. I am a Yang after all.

 

I am getting married.

 

I can’t even see it clearly. If I were in a church or some place. If my family and close friends are there, waiting for me to walk on this Royal blue aisle. I don’t know. One thing I am sure of now is that someone is waiting for me at the end of this path.

 

 I know.

 

I can see him from all the way back here.

 

He was facing the altar, wearing that princely white tuxedo. Hasn’t he noticed my presence? I waited for him to glance at my direction.

 

Who are you?

 

“My groom . . .” I found myself whispering.

 

And it felt weird to have someone as my groom when I haven’t even fallen in love with a man in the first place.

 

Who are you?

 

I waited for him to look at me so I could see his face. Memorize and remember every detail of it but he didn’t. And that was when I saw my father. In his all greatness. Sitting with my beloved brothers, Soohyuk and Jinwoo on the right side. My friends. CL, Bom and Minji, on their bridesmaids’ looks waved at me from the left. I saw people. My relatives. Family friends. Influential personalities in the country. There they all were. Smiling in favor. Waiting patiently.

 

This is it, eh?

 

So, I walked.

 

Walked.

 

And walked.

 

I am taking the aisle.

 

But why is it he was getting farther and farther for my reach?

 

 

 

 

No.

 

 

 

 

It was me who was taking those steps away from the altar. From him. My supposed groom.

 

 

 

 

The flowers fell from my hand and the next thing I know, I turned away from everything.

 

It was blinding light once again. But it was the light that comforted me. A hallway with vacated chairs on the side. What is this place? I could see no soul to answer my question and I decided to saunter my way to the end of it. I lifted my veil and looked up at the fluorescent tubes of lights guiding me.

 

Is this a hospital?

 

And my feet stopped halfway across the hallway. I looked to my right and I just stared at my own hand reaching for the doorknob, twisting it to open.

 

A doctor’s room.

 

Am I sick?

 

I heard the door closed and my heart getting warmer and warmer as I sit on the chair in front the desk. Like it was where I belong. Like it was where I should ever be.

 

I was on my wedding dress and I’m getting a consultation?

 

The hundredths of questions inside my mind were interrupted as I saw a hand offering something right on my face.

 

 

 

 

An Apple flavored lollipop.

 

 

 

 

I wanted to curse for what it was but to my surprise, the curse didn’t come and my fingers just took it from the hand and put the candy in my mouth.

 

I leaned back on the chair and giggled at him.

 

What the hell am I giggling about?

 

My head turned forward when I heard someone put the stethoscope down the glass table along with the variety of documents and medicine books on it.

 

And that was when I got the clearest view of someone else’s face.

 

 

 

 

Lee Donghae.

 

 

 

 

“You’re late.” He simply said.

 

And gave me that unceasing bright smile of his.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

As if a snake had bit her, Dara sprang up from her bed and took her Victoria’s Secret red sleeping eye mask off. Her chest was heaving but sure she wasn’t running out of breath. Her heartbeat only did. Dara raised both her hands forward, trying to compose herself.

 

“What in the tiest world was that?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“So, what do you think?”

 

Dara blankly looked at the ash colored hair CL. “Huh?”

 

CL waved two sketches of a tribal inspired dress to her. “I’ve been talking about these designs that I made! What do you think is the one that’d suit my next fashion show? Something that compliments on Bom too because she’ll be my model here! God!” She exclaimed in annoyance and panic too. CL will be having a fashion show in Hongkong on Christmas Vacation and some designs weren’t still finished. “You’ve been spacing out.”

 

Dara didn’t reply on that. “Left one.” She said in a not so happy tone.

 

CL checked it. “You think so?” Bom had a recording that morning while Minzy was on her class.

 

“Huh?”

 

“You think this one is better than this one?” CL kept on showing her sketches to her.

 

“Which one?”

 

“You picked this left one here.” CL narrowed her eyes, studying every unusual action of her friend that day.

 

“Oh.” She answered absentmindedly. “Did I?”

 

“Dara!” CL roared in so much annoyance. Her behavior right now was something CL hasn’t seen before.

 

“What?” Dara rolled her eyes when she felt her eardrums rang at that. She emptied her mango juice and just stared at the lake below them.

 

“Is something wrong?”

 

“I’m fine.”

 

“Any problem?”

 

“I said, I’m fine, didn’t I?” Dara shook her head, cursing herself that she should’ve just stayed in her condo than go to school.

 

“Is this about that Lee Donghae?”

 

Dara felt a hitch on her breath as she heard the name.

 

A name she was trying to forget ever since she woke up.

 

“You know what, just leave the guy alone.” CL finally said. She was thinking that Dara was once again thinking of crazy revenge acts on the poor guy since that rejection happened. Maybe she was that humiliated?

 

“What?” That earned a raised a brow from her.

 

“Admit it. You can’t handle him.” CL told as a matter of factly.

 

Dara straightened her back like that statement was an insult to the great her. “What did you say?”

 

“You can never tame him, Dara.” CL didn’t back down on her burning stare. “He’s different. Almost three weeks of showing and continuing to study here after seeing his name on the Wall of Doom is enough for you to know that.” She saw Dara opened but she didn’t let her speak. “He’s not someone we can just roll on our fingers every time we want. What? We’ve done the worse of the worst to him and look at him.” Paused. “Still, he’d rather spent the rest of his life to his imaginary turtle than develop a crush on you.” And didn’t let it pass not to tease the already pissed Dara.

 

CL just had to make her remember that.

 

But being honest to it, she was right. They already did the worse of the worst.

 

Putting cockroaches and tarantulas in his locker. Snake in his bag. Made him sweep the ground of the soccer field when everyone kept on littering every second just to annoy the hell outta him. His former school, SM receiving every shade that it could get.

 

What else could they do?

 

Dara glowered at her own friend. “Shut up Lee Chaerin! He can marry every animal in this planet! A low-class. He’s an idiot!”

 

“You’re just this mad because you cannot take that grin on his face away.” CL teased even more, enjoying the displeasure on Dara’s face. “You cannot scare the doctor. Fact. He’s a scholar, Dee. He doesn’t care about fame, wealth or any material .” CL pursed her lips forward and nodded.

 

True to it, she couldn’t.

 

Dara rolled her eyes and went to the wine bar in their Blackjack suite. She opened a bottle of champagne and poured onto her wine glass.

 

It was beyond irritating her like right to her very core whenever that guy smiles at her. When he was bullied or pranked on and Dara was there? He would never fail to grin at her. Annoying her whole existence! Like that time when he was humiliated in front of the class when five bull frogs fell on his head, she was about to give him a winning smirk but stopped when he grinned at her again! And she wanted to erase that! Forever!

 

“There’s no way.” She heard CL say. “You already did everything.”

 

CL put the sketches back on her portfolio when Dara turned to face at her with that knowing smile.

 

“Not everything.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was in their Medicine and Surgery class with Professor PSY, Donghae remained standing on the back, feeling his heart about to burst in nervousness and excitement. Their adviser announced before that the top three who would get the highest score on their Midterm exam would get a free ticket, accommodation, entrance fee, kits and just everything on their three day training and seminar in Jeju! He had already computed the money he needed for it and to tell the truth, two years of working in Eunhyuk’s barbecue restaurant cannot even half it. Foreign doctors and scientists will be there, talking about the human brain and the latest discoveries in the world of Science. All their teachers, Professor PSY, Gummy and Leeteuk would accompany them. It was as boring as it could get to many of his classmates but it was a requirement they needed to attend. Fifty percent of the final exam on every subject. That’s what was at stake. 50%. Attend it and you can even ditch the exam day if you’re not that meticulous on your grades. He did his very best in reviewing all his subjects in preparation for their Midterms just for this. Maybe it was half the reason why he couldn’t just give Yang Sandara his midterm exam book a few weeks ago.

 

Professor PSY had posted the top three last week on their bulletin board.

 

Park Yoochun Lee Donghae Jung Krystal

 

“Quiet now.” He heard their teacher said. He was holding three brown envelopes with that uneasy look.

 

“Oh. It’s about the Jeju trip.” He heard a classmate said.

 

Professor PSY cleared his throat. “So, I already told you that the training and seminar would take half of your final exam grade. By now, you should have your tickets with you. We’ll be going tomorrow and come back here in Seoul on Saturday afternoon, okay?”

 

“Deh!” The students answered.

 

“Now,” He glanced at the envelopes on his hand. “Those three students who got the highest scores in the last Midterm examination.”

 

“Woooo!” Bobby made a noise which the others followed.

 

“As if we all cannot afford a ticket.” Hyuna whispered to Taehyun.

 

“I don’t get it either. I got my own plane and villa in Jeju.” Krystal flipped her hair to the side.

 

“Just give it your maid.” Taehyun shrugged.

 

“Can’t be.” Hyuna disregarded the idea. “Her name is on the ticket, accommodation and stuff. Just use it then.”

 

PSY read a name at the back of the envelope. “Krystal Jung?”

 

Donghae clapped his hands as the girl took the envelope with that y face. She wouldn’t be using it and would just give it to her driver. Actually, some of his classmates wouldn’t even attend. They weren’t afraid of that half grade of the final exam. They were just in the YG Medical School for the name. A doctor in the making. The title given to one’s name forever.

 

Their room’s door opened as Dara in leather jacket, jeans and light green cropped top walked inside it. The class i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter