Win or Lose

World Of Our Own
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Minji already said her piece in IG.

 

I said it. If going solo makes her happy. Makes her feel complete and realize her real worth. Then who am I, us, to hold her back, right? I know how painful it is, knowing that she won’t comeback as a 2NE1 member on stage but I’m still hopeful and excited on seeing our dearest maknae spending time with our queens.

 

Even on her own, I believe Minji will slay. She is our Queen. From 2009 to the future years.

 

Still, Blackjack and 2NE1 Fourever.

 

No contract or company can ever change that.

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was Wednesday morning and Donghae was running late for his first class. Last night, he and Eunhyuk drank some beer in the restaurant after his triumphant feat. He told Eunhyuk everything and the latter could just gape at him. 2NE1? As mean as that? He never pictured them like that although he heard rumors and well, with that fame, beauty and wealth, he wasn’t really expecting them to be kind and pure as saints. But their happy night ended with a puzzling advice from Eunhyuk.

 

 

 

 

Don’t bother coming back to YG University tomorrow, Donghae. Just enroll in the school where I’m studying. I’m ing serious.

 

 

 

 

Donghae thought he was just drunk. Yeah. He must be really that drunk. He shook his head while running to the Jinusean building. It was 5 minutes before 9 but he semi-stopped before entering it. He saw students running frantically in one direction. Is there a fire or something? He was about to ask a petite guy but that already shouted at him. “Soccer field!” Without further thinking, he found himself following the crowd. An earthquake drill maybe? What could be so important in this early Wednesday morning that made the students, even some teachers, halt the classes?

 

He was panting when they reached the gymnasium’s side. His forehead creased as he glanced at his back. I thought they said soccer field? But the said field was emptied. Not a single soul was playing or walking in it. All were at the center, standing and staring at something.

 

Donghae straightened up his back and watched the students squeezed each other just to go the front.

 

But he need not walk or move to see what it was that attracted this massive audience.

 

From where he was standing, it was so damn visible to his eyes.

 

It was no fire or earthquake drill.

 

It was his name.

 

In red bloody paint.

 

Lee Donghae.

 

On the Wall of Doom.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“So what?”

 

He muttered as he walked to his room.

 

 

 

 

There are two things that you should avoid having contact with in this school. First is this Wall of Doom. The last is 2NE1.

 

Never. Mess. With. 2NE1.

 

Your name on the Wall of Doom is your one-way ticket to hell in this dream school of yours.

 

 

 

 

“Pssshhh.” Donghae grimaced. Who cares if my name is on that stupid black wall? What? They’ll start to bully me? A 24 year-old guy like me? What are they? 8? 12 year-olds? He adjusted his ancient eyeglasses and turned to open that knob. It’s beyond ridiculous for grown ups to pull pranks at this-

 

What welcomed him was the sight of his plastic monobloc chair hanging on the ceiling using red plastic straws.

 

Age.

 

Donghae took some air to breathe as he closed the door behind him. He glanced at his classmates and saw almost all of them snickering at him. His eyes turned to Siwon, Heechul and Yoochun but all his friends’ heads were bowed down to their desks. Who did this? Yang Sandara was absent and nowhere to be found. He looked back up at his chair now on top of his head and reached for it. The way the straws were knotted seemed easy for him to pull out. And he pulled his chair down to sit. “Kids.” He muttered.

 

And that was when he found himself bathing in two, big pails of white and sticky Elmer’s glue.

 

WonHeeChul could just lower their heads more as the sound of their classmates laughter echoed in their four-cornered room. Donghae bit the inside of his lower lip to stop himself from doing something he would regret. Instead, he stepped away from the mess and began wiping his face and eyeglasses with his handkerchief. He put his bag down and checked if his books and other stuff got stained. Good thing, they didn’t. He was drenched from head to toe in white glue! He could feel it dripping from his hair. Going down to his neck and to the inside of his uniform. Flooding his socks. He stopped wiping his eyeglasses with his fingers as it started to produce those black tiny stuff from glue when you start rubbing it against your skin.

 

“What’s going on here?”

 

The students scampered to their seats at the voice.

 

“Professor Leeteuk.” Krystal stifled a laugh. “Nothing.”

 

“Nothing?” Leeteuk raised a brow at her and then to Donghae and then back to Krystal. “You call that pool of white glue and a man who turned into a statue made of glue nothing? That’s normal to you?” He let out a sigh. “Who did that to him?!” And his voice boomed at everyone’s ears.

 

Donghae just remained standing there at the back. Somehow happy that a teacher was helping him.

 

“Sir.” A hand rose.

 

“Taehyun.”

 

Leeteuk turned to his left where Taehyun and Bobby were wearing that smug expression that he didn’t like.

 

“He’s Lee Donghae.”

 

The blonde guy answered ever so flatly. Like it was an obvious thing.

 

Donghae’s sticky brows furrowed at that. And? He wanted to ask but was stupefied when Professor Leeteuk spoke.

 

“Last time, we tackled about the evolution and clinical aspects of microorganisms. I showed you a diagram about the . . .”

 

That’s it?!
 

Donghae wanted to shout at him. If only that wouldn’t add to his misery. Even his Microbiology and Parasitology teacher couldn’t do a thing?! He looked at his friends for some support but they didn’t even glance at him. So for the whole period, he just stood there, listening . . . not to Professor Leeteuk but to his screaming thoughts.

 

So, this is all about her, huh?

 

Yang Sandara.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

His lucky day didn’t seem to end already when he searched from the top of the Jinusean building down to the first floor to find a male’s restroom but all he saw was that ‘under maintenance’ sign. He was sure it was the other way around for his schoolmates kept on entering and exiting those comfort rooms but all the janitors he met outside were giving him that sign. Like he was banned to use it!

 

 

 

 

I can do this.

 

It’s just glue.

 

 

 

 

So, with all that sticky feeling that is beginning to dry on his uniform, hair and skin, Donghae walked to the cafeteria to buy some soda. He never actually bought any food there but only sodas. He cooks in the morning for his packed lunch. YG cafeteria sure sells gold. It looked like a buffet in a five-star hotel with the way the dishes seemed to be picked on every country in this world. Plus, he couldn’t tell why there was the need to use chandeliers inside the place. He never really liked eating inside it but Heechul always insisted that he doesn’t want warm places like eating in the student’s activity area or in the YG’s flower garden.

 

Donghae kept on rubbing the glue that was sticking on his neck and cheeks when he caught a glimpse of Siwon and the others. He saw Yoochun glanced at him which Donghae waved immediately and walked to them. But as he was about to reach the table where they always sit, the three namjas stood quietly and left the cafeteria without any greeting at all.

 

He just smiled to himself. They must be mad at me. I didn’t follow their advices. Donghae left his bag on the table and went to the counter to buy a Coke. He was lining up when somebody pushed him at the back.

 

“Oh! Sorry!”

 

Donghae looked back and saw his classmate, Hyuna, bowing at him. “It’s okay, Hyuna ssi. You can go first.” He went to the side and courteously letting her on the line.

 

“Aniyo! Aniyo! It’s fine. Go ahead.” She smiled playfully while Bobby and Mino on her back kept laughing at something.

 

“A-arasso.” He bowed at her.

 

Their laughter got louder and was joined by Hyuna. He just semi-glanced at the back and paid for his Coke. He had a queer feeling as Donghae walked back to his table. Everyone that he passed by began to laugh uncontrollably at something. His eyes were searching the surroundings for something that is considered as hella funny but he found nothing. He shook his head slightly and sat down. He brought out his lunch and took his chopsticks, ready to devour the mixed vegetables he cooked when-

 

 

 

 

BLAG!

 

 

 

 

His chopsticks and eyeglasses fell on the food as a thing hit the back of his head.

 

Donghae cleaned his eyeglasses with the handkerchief that he used a while ago for cleaning his glued face and wore it again. He turned to look at the back and saw a bunch of students sitting on the next table, laughing and smirking at him. A guy with the initials, B.I. was sitting on the table with a ball on his hands and Krystal beside him while Bobby, Mino, Taehyun and Hyuna were whispering and snickering on their chairs.

 

Donghae’s eyes fell on the ball and then to B.I.’s smug face. He knew he was the one who did it.

 

“Sorry.” B.I. said haughtily as he played that ball on the tip of his right index finger.

 

Donghae turned to face his food again and maintaining his composure. It’s okay. He told himself. He held the chopsticks again but gripped on it a little too hardly when the back of his head took another hit as it bounced back.

 

BLAG!

 

“Not sorry.” And they laughed even more.

 

He slowly stood up from his chair and began putting his lunch and other stuff inside his bag.

 

BLAG!

 

Another hit.

 

Donghae was never the type who gets into fistfights. He could but he knew too well that that would greatly affect his scholarship and his dream of becoming a doctor. So, silently, he walked away from their endless taunting and laughter and went to find somewhere peaceful to eat.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The Seventh Pool. It’s not actually seven swimming pools but it’s a super long pool that has the shape of the number seven situated near beside the cafeteria. There is a fence and bleachers around its length but the students are free to go inside and sit on those bleachers.

 

He only had 20 minutes to eat before his next class began so he quickly took his lunchbox out and ate. In just five minutes, Donghae already started to clean up. He was looking around and was actually thinking of diving into the clear water just to get rid off the sticky glue all over his body and uniform. His uniform. Donghae sighed as he stared at the life vest floating across him. He only had one uniform that he washes every night. He was so sure it would take quite time, strength and detergent powder to completely put back the immaculate clean appearance of his YG uniform.

 

Donghae stood and grabbed his bag when he heard running steps approaching his direction. He looked back and saw a guy already on his front and shoved something to his chest and ran away.

 

He didn’t have much time to think, as he remained standing there with a green paper bag on his hand. “What?”

 

Suddenly, three security guards began making those noises with their whistles and started running and pointing at him. “You! Stay where you are!”

 

“Don’t move or I’ll swear you’ll regret it!”

 

“You’re dead, kid.”

 

The green paper bag fell slowly to the ground, revealing those spray paints and cutting materials scattered. Mindlessly, he pointed a finger to his face. “M-me?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Can you please tell me why did you do it?”

 

“Do what, ma’am?”

 

“Do ruin the stage that Liberal Arts students worked hard for the past two months as their project for the upcoming Romeo and Juliet play.”

 

A thousand turtles seemed to pass before Donghae got it. “Mwo?”

 

He was inside the office of the Dean of the YG’s School of Music and Liberal Arts. He was undeniably late on his Medical Economics class but that was completely forgotten with a crime that was being pointed at him at this moment!

 

“Ma’am. I can-”

 

“Based on the records that I got, you’re a scholar, right?”

 

“Yes ma’am.” He quickly answered. His hands started to get sweaty and cold. “But-”

 

“A transferee. Just entered the university two months ago?”

 

“Yes ma’am. But I-”

 

“Do you know that I can have you suspended for doing what you did?”

 

That. Donghae’s mouth fell and then leaned towards the dean. “Ma’am. I swear I did not-”

 

“That iniquitous deed can take your scholarship back. Will ruin your

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter