Almost Magical

World Of Our Own
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

To corea18 !!! Thank you for upvoting! :D Keep rocking! Keke

 

To my co-ELFs there, giving you a fandom hug right now. It’s what we need. SJ Label has just been created and Ryeowook oppa’s enlistment is nearing and this happened now. Sigh. Kangin oppa is in a reflection period, Heenim has deleted his IG account and many are really disappointed on another DUI accident of Kangin oppa. ELFs stay strong for uri Suju boys! They need us right now! Some are asking if this might cause a disbandment and my piece is . . . NO FREAKING . Suju haters can dream on their pathetic selves all the time but I know it’s not happening just because of that. Let’s just be happy that no one got seriously injured and pray that Kangin oppa should seriously learn his lesson. This is the second time already. ELFs won’t tolerate his wrong actions everytime too.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“So, what do you think of the new proposition of Dr. Shun Kang about cancer?” Donghae asked.

 

“I say he should go to a dermatologist first and get rid of those hideous pimples on his chubby face and then maybe, he’d look like a doctor for me to believe and waste time on rather than looking like a living cyst.”

 

He rolled his tongue inside his right cheek. It was already past 1 in the morning and they were still there in Eunhyuk’s family restaurant. Donghae had been discussing about interesting topics and telling her medical facts and strategies that they could use but not one serious and intelligent opinion he has yet to hear from her. He already finished four cups of coffee while she was busy eating chips she asked him to cook for her. All she was doing was sit there and listen to some music with that earphone on, watch movies on her Iphone and flip the pages of whatever book she got a hold on nonsensically.

 

“I’m serious.” Donghae finally said and she took her earphones off. “How can we finish the interview if you cannot even give a significant opinion? You’re the one to be interviewed here.”

 

“I am the epitome of significance.” She replied confidently and flipped her hair. She knew it for sure. She was never bothered of any projects given. When the teachers knew that his partner is Yang Sandara, they would automatically give an A+ to their work. With or without the product. She had been telling that to him for hours so they could save time but he won’t listen, saying that it was unfair to others and that was taking advantage of people. Donghae was staring at her dryly after hearing that rubbish she just replied to him. Dara felt that he might explode anytime so she finally gave a serious suggestion. “Why don’t you write down a script and I’ll just read it later on? Right?” She nodded at him with that childish smile.

 

“Why are you-” Donghae was already losing all the patience he had.

 

Dara put a hand for him to stop. “Believe me. This is the only way we are going to finish this. Unless you are willing to wait for any sane opinion from me about medical s for a week.” Paused. “It still wouldn’t happen.”

 

He poured his fifth cup of coffee in much irritation to that smile plastered on her face as she kept nodding to him. “You’ll do it right this time?” He pointed a finger at her.

 

“I will!” She raised her second cup of coffee and grinned.

 

Donghae frowned again and began writing words on his notebook for the script. He should’ve agreed to Krystal when she suggested in having this project done individually. A question seemed to be bugging him for a long time so now that he had the chance to ask it. “Why are you here?” He looked at her again.

 

She raised a brow at him. “Are you suffering a temporary amnesia?”

 

“No.” Donghae put down his ballpen and took a sip from his coffee. “I mean, in the Med school.”

 

Now, she had her eyes turned into slits. “Is that an insult?” Her voice was grim.

 

“Aniyo!” He quickly waved his hands in a crossed manner. “It’s not that.” Her deadly look was still on him so he just continued. “It’s obvious that you don’t like it. You don’t like your course, the subjects in it. You don’t want to be a doctor. It’s as clear as the broad daylight.”

 

“And what made you so sure about that?” She raised her brow even higher.

 

“You tell me.”

 

They both stared at each other for a while before Dara lost and looked away in annoyance. She looked at the cars that passed outside the diner. “Why do you want it?” It almost came as a whisper.

 

He paused writing again. “Hm?”

 

“Why do you want to be a doctor when they’re the very reason why you lost the most important persons in your life?”

 

Donghae was taken aback. “How did you know?”

 

But Dara didn’t answer and just looked at him. Silence enveloped them when Donghae finally let out a smile, thinking someone like her has every connection in the school to know every detail about a person.

 

“You should be a investigator or something. You’d passed.” He chuckled but then stopped when he noticed that this time she was serious. “They aren’t the reason.” He told her. “It was a road accident.”

 

“If the doctor in your province at that time wasn’t too much of a selfish , thinking of the money your family could pay then your mother would’ve been still with you right now.”

 

His jaw tensed. She was right and he wouldn’t deny it. “That’s why I want to be a doctor.”

 

Confusion registered on her face. “What?”

 

“Who knows right?” Donghae chuckled and scratched the back of his head. “Maybe someday I’d meet someone like the young Donghae, crying on the hospital bed for somebody to help his dying mother,” Dara leaned back slowly to the couch as she stared at the fervor and sincerity his eyes were throwing at her. “And I’d definitely be there.” Never she met someone like him. “Helping him and his mom. I will make sure that she’d make it and watch her child grow up and live a happy and contented life with the family of his own he built and of course, with his aged mother still beside him, guiding and loving him unconditionally.”

 

Donghae was lost to his half-conscious state as he remembered his happy moments with his mom and dad. He remembered how his grade school friends called them the Dream Team during family days. How in every evening his dad would teach him those weird dance moves which his mom would just laugh heartily at the side, watching the men of her life had the goofiest dance showdown ever.

 

A loud honk from a car was heard from the outside and he finally noticed his present surroundings.

 

Noticed her who had her eyes fixed softly at him. Donghae leaned back as he stared at her too. She really has that distinct softness in her eyes. He thought before saying. “M-mianhe. I was just thinki-”

 

“Fine Arts.”

 

He could only blink his eyes at that. “Mwo?”

 

“You were asking me if I like to be a doctor.” She looked around the restaurant and bit her lower lip before looking at him again. “My answer is no. I wanted to be a Fine Arts student. A painter. That was, is and will always be my dream.”

 

Another silence enveloped them.

 

Did she just share something personal about herself? He quietly thought as he glanced at her direction. Donghae knew they should be focusing on the Medical Economics’ project but . . . “What’s the thing that you love painting the most?” He put down the ballpen and asked her.

 

Dara just shrugged as she took another sip from her coffee. “Hmmn.” She pursed her lips to the left. “Back then, abstract.” She nodded confidently. “I like expressing everything in abstract.”

 

Donghae nodded too. “Oh, abstract. I never get arts though. There was a time when some art group went to our school in Mokpo. That’s when I was in high school. I was staring at some vacated wall in a corner and I ask a staff why didn’t they put some of the paintings there and she said that if they would, then the place would be too cramped.” She creased her brows, not getting it. “Turned out, there was a painting hanging on that wall but it was all clean white that I thought it was just a part of the wall.” Donghae chuckled, remembering the reaction of that staff he asked.

 

“That has meaning.” She said.

 

“I know.” Paused. “Or maybe I don’t”

 

Dara snorted this time and looked at him in incredulity.

 

“You said, back then?” She looked at him again. “So, what about now?”

 

“People.” She barely whispered.

 

“People?” He repeated while sounding so amused. “Who have you painted?” Even though Donghae at drawing, he has so much respect for those people who can draw well than those who are Math genius.

 

She finished her second cup of coffee. “No one.”

 

His eyes blinked at her. “No one?”

 

“No one.”

 

Donghae lowered his eyes to his coffee. Is she being serious?

 

“I’m serious.”

 

He creased his brows, thinking if she was some psychic that could read his mind. “So, why don’t you paint one?” He asked sensibly.

 

“I lost it.”

 

“You lost the model?”

 

“No.” She looked away from him and settled at the picture frame of whom she figured as Eunhyuk’s father near the counter. “I lost the passion.”

 

Now, Donghae was baffled. “Why?”

 

She looked at him again like he was some stupid thing asking for a very obvious answer. “I’m in the Med school.” She replied wryly.

 

“So?” Although he already heard it from Eunhyuk before, she was the only successor of their medicine and pharmaceutical industry.

 

“You cannot eat something that you want when you already have so much food in your mouth forcing you to swallow and digest.”

 

Donghae stared at her for a couple of seconds before saying, “Then, puke it all out and then eat whatever your stomach is craving.”

 

Dara burst out in laughter which was joined by Donghae later on. Laughing. Something she had long forgotten to do. “That’s gluttony.” Still, wearing that wide smile on her face.

 

“We’re all born sinners.” He was kinda bold and it was surprising her.

 

“Who are you?!” Dara exclaimed in disbelief and laughed again. She couldn’t believe that the neat, proper and nerdy Lee Donghae would tell her something like that.

 

“No.” He replied with a smile. He could never expect that someone as rich, influential and independent as the Yang heiress could be caged in some bars her loved ones did. “Who are you?” He snorted at her.

 

It was 2:14 and yet the two were still wide awake, somehow forgetting the exhaustion

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter