The Queens

World Of Our Own
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

You guys saw that picture circulating of Dara eating with Seven and GD? She was beside GD?

 

That’s okay. Calm down. Hahahahaha!

 

Honestly, I find it sweet. Not sweet in a romantic way. (High five Donghae oppa! Grins.) It’s just that I like seeing Dara having fun with her brothers in YG. That’s all.

 

My bet is still on our pabo fish. Smirks.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Okay. Fine. Go. Just laugh it all out.”

 

“You sure?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“PUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Donghae rolled his eyes at Eunhyuk, who was literally dying on the counter.

 

“Satisfied?” Donghae gave him a thin smile as he finished wiping the tables of the Korean restaurant owned by Eunhyuk’s father. After 3 years of being the head chef of a restaurant in Gangnam, his father decided to build his own. Donghae worked part-time there since he arrived in Seoul. Taking orders. Serving food. Cleaning this and that. Eunhyuk, on the other hand, was the cashier whenever he got back from school. It was already the closing time and the two were the only ones left in the diner.

 

“I mean, seriously Donghae.” Eunhyuk emptied the water in his glass just so he could stop from laughing maniacally again. “You look stupid.”

 

Donghae gave him a wry look. “Thanks, really.”

 

It wasn’t that Lee Donghae looked stupid but the eyeglasses he was wearing. He wished that it were the lenses that could’ve break for that was easier to replace. But no. It had to be the frame that held the bridge of his nose that snapped on the very middle and now he fixed it with a scotch tape just so he could still use it.

 

“Why don’t you just buy a new one?”

 

Donghae began fixing the condiments on every table. He turned to his bestfriend and smiled sweetly. “My salary?”

 

“Sure. I could give it to you now and I’ll just tell appa that-”

 

“No.” His smile fell and put the soy sauce back where it was placed on the table.

 

“See?!” Eunhyuk exclaimed in annoyance. “That’s your problem, man! The greatest penny pincher of the century.”

 

“Do you know how much a decent eyeglasses cost nowadays?”

 

“Yes! And you should stop looking at the prices when you absolutely need one!”

 

“I don’t need one. I already fixed it and now, using it perfectly.” Donghae straightened his back and looked at him proudly as he adjusted his glasses.

 

“You are stupid.” Eunhyuk said dryly which Donghae smiled again. “What happened to that anyway?”

 

“Are you a parrot or something? I told you already that someone accidentally stepped on it.” Donghae walked to the farther place of the restaurant to fix stuff there.

 

“Yeah. But do you know who stepped on it?” Eunhyuk put all the money that they earned in a safety box to give it to his father later on.

 

Donghae paused at that.

 

“Yeah.” He replied. “She’s my classmate.”

 

“Solma?” Eunhyuk looked surprise. “Then tell her to pay for it.”

 

He glanced at him in disbelief. “I’m not like that. What would students in YG think of me? I don’t think she even noticed when she stepped on this. What if she thinks that I’m just faking and digging some money on her? Nope. Never.” Donghae nodded to himself.

 

“Wow. You already went to that conclusion, huh?”

 

“Yep.”

 

“Suits yourself then.” Eunhyuk made a tch sound after posting a selfie of him on his Instagram account. “Do you know the name of that classmate of yours?”

 

“Yang Sandara.”

 

Donghae turned around to get his bag so they could both go home only to found his back slammed on the wooden table he just cleaned up. “Wha-” He could just stare at his bestfriend in an utmost shock. His bestfriend who was currently on top of him, straddling and strangling him. “Yah! Are you crazy?” He tried to loosen his hold on his collar but Eunhyuk wouldn’t just budge. “You on top of me is such a weird sight! Get off me! Are you a gay or what?! I’m telling you right now that even if I’m your bestfriend I will never do-”

 

“Did you just say Yang Sandara? As in The Yang Sandara?!”

 

 That made Donghae stopped from pushing the man above him. Huh? “Y-yes. Wae?”

 

Eunhyuk’s squinting eyes just turned wide as he jumped off Donghae and dashed inside the kitchen and came back quickly with a laptop on his hands. He pushed the dumbfounded Donghae off the table and began typing frantically. Good thing, the latter fell on the long couch beside the table. “Yah! What’s wrong with-”

 

“Is this woman your classmate?”

 

“Hyuk.” He was about to tell Eunhyuk to take some medication when his eyes fell on the picture that his crazy bestfriend was showing to him in his laptop.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

That girl!
 

 

 

 

 

“D-deh.” He nodded mindlessly as he stared at her face closely.

 

“God!” Eunhyuk put a hand on his mouth dramatically.

 

“Oookay.” Is he taking acting classes or what? What’s with the over exaggerated gestures?
 

Eunhyuk took his laptop and began typing again.

 

“Hyuk.”

 

“Do you know him?”

 

Another picture.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Donghae cleared the lenses of his eyeglasses. “Hmmm.” He pursed his lips to the left. “Your great grandfather?”

 

“Idiot!” Eunhyuk snarled. “He is The Yang Hyun Suk.”

 

 

 

 

 

.           .           .           .           .           .

 

 

 

 

 

“Nugu?”

 

Eunhyuk took a deep breath to stop himself from smashing his laptop on the head of the guy in front of him. “He’s the owner of your school, stupid! The CEO of YG University!”

 

“Oh.” Donghae looked back at the picture of the old man on the screen.

 

“The richest man in the country and 8th in the globe. Ever heard of Yang Industries? He’s not only a school owner but he literally owns almost everything here in South Korea. I mean, everything. Food corporation. Airlines. Tele-communication. Electric and Water companies. They import luxury cars from all over the world. This guy?”

 

Eunhyuk showed him another picture.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Yang Soo Hyuk sunbaenim.” Donghae muttered. The one who gave me the scholarship.

 

“Yes. His eldest son, Yang Soo Hyuk. He’s an engineer. Graduated with flying colors in Harvard two years ago. They don’t just own and build buildings or railroads. They’re into skyscrapers, ships, and aircrafts! Those businesses of YG that I mentioned before, those are like his hobbies. Pastime. For amusement. There are two major fields that YG Industries is focusing on. Engineering,” He pointed at the picture of Soo Hyuk. “And medicine.”

 

Donghae didn’t know if he should believe his bestfriend or what. He seemed laying it on too thick.

 

“You get it now?” Eunhyuk asked.

 

 

 

 

 

 

.           .           .           .           .           .

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“What are we talking about again?”

 

Eunhyuk gave him a deadly look as he put back Sandara’s picture back on the screen. “Yang Hyun Suk has only one daughter. Yang Soo Hyuk has only one younger sister.” His eyes drilling holes to him as if shooting whatever he was poin-

 

“Yang Sandara!”

 

Donghae shouted in disbelief. She’s Soo Hyuk sunbaenim’s sister? He narrowed his eyes at the screen, studying her blank face. My classmate is the owner of every Korean student’s dream school?!

 

“Yang Industries is also the number one in the medical field here in South Korea - YG Medical Hospital. Even those rare cases that were brought in the USA were all being brought here, in their hospital. That’s how good they are. They have long been making breakthrough cures and researches in that field particularly in Neuroscience. Medical machineries. Drugs. In the good way, of course. From what I know, the wife of Yang Hyun Suk was a doctor who run everything medical related but when she died 2 years ago, the left position was temporarily being handled by Yang Hyun Suk himself. But . . .” Paused. “Now that the Yang has the doctor in the making then, Yang Sandara is definitely the heiress of their other kingdom.”

 

Donghae just stared at his bestfriend, not really knowing what to say. He wasn’t in awe or in shock of the Yangs riches and glory but . . .

 

 

 

 

 

How come a girl who almost has everything in the world has the coldest pair of eyes?

 

 

 

 

“Donghae!”

 

 

 

“Huh?” Donghae felt lost as he stared at those eyes even more. “What did you say?”

 

“I said, don’t you dare fall in love with her.”

 

Silence enveloped the whole restaurant.

 

“Why on Earth would I fall in love with her in the first place?!” Donghae shouted in irritation. “I came here to study and become a doctor and not flirt or ogle at somebody’s riches!” What the hell is this guy thinking?

 

“Well,” Eunhyuk leaned on the back. “That’s true.” And nodded with much thought. “Well, it’s just a warning because you’ll end up brokenhearted and devastated if you even think of dating her. And then, you’ll ask me to drink with you. And then, you’ll end up so drunk you couldn’t get up and walk your way home. And then, I’d be so pissed at you. And then, the day after that you’d try to commit suicide by drinking muriatic acid or boiling oil. And then, I’d stop and save you. A

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter