Because Of You

World Of Our Own
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

To Darakrung! Thank you so much for upvoting!!! :DDD

 

My throat feels like burning. Le sings Fever. ~~~ Throws myself to Fishy Prince! Hahaha! If anyone wouldn’t like this chapter or finds it too mushy or boring . . . Mianhe. Since yesterday I got this fever and sore throat. Please bear with this chapter. ZzzZzzzzzzz . . .

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The bell of the restaurant rang and the namja immediately looked up at the entrance door.

 

Another customer.

 

He bowed quietly and continued writing something on the receipts.

 

RING!

 

Donghae raised his head again and curiously looked at the door.

 

Still, another customer.

 

This has been going since yesterday.

 

It was the 31st of December and everyone was so busy in the diner. After a trending exposure on the social media, thanks to 2NE1, people flocked the All Rise Jewel. There was a total of six new staff which Eunhyuk’s father hired. Donghae was busying himself with the restaurant duties in the morning and locked himself in his small apartment on the evening doing his school works.

 

It was pretty normal. Whatever he was doing, that is, but his bestfriend knew better.

 

RING!

 

Again, Donghae stopped wiping the spoons and stretched his neck to get a view of the door.

 

Random customer in.

 

Eunhyuk smiled at the customer after taking his order as he looked at the door and then back to Donghae who again worked on the utensils. With the intrigued eyes on, he slowly walked to his bestfriend, watching keenly his moves.

 

RING!

 

But before Donghae could raise his head, Eunhyuk’s scrutinizing face popped in front of him. “Wha! Yah!” He stepped back away from him. “You scared me.” He said, calming himself before noticing how the guy looked at him with those narrowed eyes. “What’s wrong with you?”

 

“Are you waiting for somebody to come?” Eunhyuk looked at him from head to toe.

 

He was taken aback at that. “Of course, not.” Donghae replied and turned his back on him, working on the change a staff handed to him.

 

Eunhyuk followed him on the counter and put his chin on his both hands; his eyes still on Donghae. “You’re waiting for somebody to come.”

 

He shook his head at his friend. “Mwo? Have you taken your lunch already? You didn’t, right? Go in the kitchen. That’s your monstrous stomach speaking.” He tried to push his face but Eunhyuk dodged. “I’m waiting for more customers to come and eat and pay.” He said with that sing-songy voice.

 

“Customers.” Eunhyuk said with his head and nodding and voice doubting. He turned his back at him when he noticed he wouldn’t get anything from him. Donghae crouched down and began counting the left condiments they’ve got while Eunhyuk had to take some orders and looked ahead.

 

“Dara ssi!”

 

BLAG!

 

“Owww.” Donghae’s head just bumped loudly on the wooden table while standing abruptly as he looked at the door and straightened his black shirt. He was massaging the top of his head while looking at the door expectantly.

 

Eunhyuk with that gummy grin turned back to his bestfriend. “Riiiiiight. Customeeeer.” He nodded again as he stopped himself from laughing at his friend.

 

Donghae just looked wryly at his friend go back to the tables while massaging his violated head. He sat down again and resumed on counting the numbers of ketchup, soy sauce and stuff.

 

Was he waiting for someone to come?

 

“I am not waiting for someone to come.” He told himself with that firm tone.

 

 

 

 

So, when are you coming back from Hongkong?

 

On the 31st. I promised the girls that I’d spend New Year’s Eve with them. Even if I won’t, I’m pretty sure Bom would fly across the country and drag me back here in Seoul just to party with them.

 

 

 

 

RING!

 

From the counter, a head discreetly peeked to take a glance on the door.

 

Another customer.

 

Yep.

 

Sure, he wasn’t waiting.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

At exactly nine o’clock, they already closed the restaurant, leaving the two bestfriends outside, standing and watching the passersby.

 

“We got like 3 hours to go before New Year.” Eunhyuk said, smiling at the little girl who passed by with a small trumpet on her hand. “Goodbye 2016 and hello 2017!” He shouted, not minding the people giving them weird looks.

 

Donghae just chuckled at his friend. “Yeah.” He softly sighed as some scenes in 2016 replayed in his mind. His scholarship from YG University. The Wall of Doom. Siwon, Yoochun and Heechul. Yoona. TOP. 2NE1.

 

Yang Sandara.

 

“Let’s go.” He smiled to Eunhyuk and began to walk home when he felt his arm being pulled back. “What?”

 

“Where are you going?”

 

“Home.”

 

“Home?”

 

“Yeah. Why?” Donghae creased his brows at his friend.

 

“Let’s go to a club and celebrate New Year with a blast!” Eunhyuk excitedly raised his fist up the air.

 

Donghae just looked at him before replying, “No, thanks.” And walked away.

 

“Yah Donghae!” Eunhyuk ran to him. “Let’s do something different this New Year’s Eve. I heard this really cool place in Gangnam that celebrities always chill around. Come on.” He pleaded. His parents didn’t really celebrate New Year and so, he was sure that he’d be snoring when the clock strikes 12. He needed his bestfriend!

 

But Donghae was not in the mood for a party. No, that’s wrong. He was never in the mood for parties and alcohol and other people think cool stuff. “You know me Eunhyuk. I’d rather watch fireworks from my dusty window than dance and mingle with people I don’t know.”

 

“You’re a killjoy. You know that?” Eunhyuk glared at him from the side but then followed his friend, knowing that his plan would never happen. In the first place, they’ve got no money to ride a taxi and go to Gangnam. Next, he wasn’t even sure if they could enter elite places like those.

 

“I think club parties will be great.” Eunhyuk said with that sad tone matched with a pouting face.

 

“I think sleeping is great too.” Donghae grinned at him which earned a dry look from the latter.

 

The two halted from walking when a Ferrari white screeched and stopped to their front. Their brows were knitted to the center but then widened their eyes when they saw who got down from it.

 

“Siwon!” Donghae beamed a smile and walked to him.

 

“Long time no see Siwon!” Eunhyuk enthusiastically made a high five to the chaebol.

 

“Hi guys. How are you two?”

 

“We’re good.” Donghae simply said. “How’s Sydney?”

 

“Good too.” Siwon shortly laughed. “So, where are you guys going?”

 

“Home.” Both replied.

 

“Home?” He asked in disbelief.

 

Donghae nodded. “Working full time this Christmas vacation in a restaurant can be really so tiring. We’ll go home and get some rest.”

 

“Wow. You’re boring.” Siwon nodded ever so slowly.

 

“See?!” Eunhyuk exclaimed. “That’s what I’m talking about.” He light punched his bestfriend’s shoulder which they guy just shrugged.

 

“Whatever, Donghae.” Siwon shook his head. “But we’re going to party tonight.” A smirk came from his lips. “Yoochun and Heechul are already there.”

 

“Wha-”

 

Siwon raised a hand to him. “And I won’t take no for an answer.”

 

“Yeah!” Eunhyuk jumped to Siwon’s side. “Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!”

 

Donghae ignored his annoying friend. “But I don’t-”

 

“Dara actually told us to fetch you two.”

 

The three namjas looked back to the car and saw the window rolled down, revealing a red haired all glam up gal.

 

“She arrived three hours ago.” Bom smiled as she watched Donghae’s shocked expression as he stared back at her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Anna. It’s the newly-opened club of Heechul. Yes, he’s a doctor in the making but he wouldn’t deny how he loved partying after the tedious work his course gives him. Socialites were everywhere, drinking and dancing till they drop. They were in the private area of the bar where long white couches where placed around a sapphire blue table glass. The music was blaring with the song of some Western song as the lights go wild, throwing its red and violet rays to the ground.

 

Eunhyuk had never been this happy. From the moment he arrived, he was in pure awe. To go clubbing in a place where elites go was like one of his greatest dreams. He had the dancefloor all by himself! Even Minzy and CL looked like back up dancers as they joined his moves.

 

“Damn. Didn’t know your friend can dance like that.” Bom commented as she sipped her martini.

 

Donghae smiled at that. “It is his dream to become a dancing idol.” The number one dancing idol to be exact but he omitted that first part.

 

“He can be. I mean look at him.” They all looked back at the guy sweating it all out and never stopping in a remix of Michael Jackson’s songs. “Never met a guy who could match Minzy on the floor but,” She looked at the maknae, laughing and copying some of Eunhyuk’s moves. “Now I did.” She nodded at the dancing king direction. “Oh! There’s an audition that JYP will launch. They’re going to train some for another male group. Tell him to try it out. I got the feeling he’ll pass.”

 

“Really?” Heechul said as he drank his beer. “That for real? You’ll help him when he goes there, right?”

 

Bom waved her hand at the guy across her. “Nah. He won’t need my help. He’s a killer on his own.” They glanced back at Eunhyuk again. “Plus, he’s a little charming.”

 

Donghae chuckled. Good thing, he’s busy dancing and not listening to people giving compliments at him. If he happened to hear those, it’ll be a minimum of a week that he’d boast around their working place. “I’ll tell him about it.” He replied thoughtfully.

 

He took a sip from his orange juice which everyone complained from the start. I don’t drink beverages that contain alcohol. He simply replied to the weird looks they’re giving him. He wiped the side of his mouth with his hand as he took a glance to his far left.

 

Dara.

 

She never actually approached their table and that’s two hours ago already. She had her half hair shaved curled to the side, was on her shining black shorts, dark orange long sleeves and her killer LV red pumps. The heiress was busy talking and dancing with some people he heard from Yoochun as students from Architecture Building. He knew no one except one guy. Who wouldn’t know him in YG? He’s the Council’s Vice-President.

 

Taeyang.

 

Donghae took a sip again on his juice and glanced at her who was laughing at something the VP whispered to her right ear. He remembered how the guy approached her to be his partner last Yule ball. She rejected him then.

 

Not once she even looked at their direction. It was weird for he recalled her saying she wanted to spend New Year’s Eve with her 2NE1 friends. Or maybe lots of elite friends to be clear.

 

Honestly, Donghae didn’t know how he would talk to her after that little incident namely their kiss. No matter how brief and fast, a kiss is kiss. Their lips touched. He was damn sure things would be very awkward between them. It’s not normal for friends to kiss on the lips, right? Wait, she’s my friend, right? He felt like smashing his head on the sound system of the club with the way his mind got jumbled. Does she feel awkward about it too? Perhaps mad? He alr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter