Words

World Of Our Own
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

She’s still absent. Donghae thought as he walked to the Med building’s mini hall. They had to listen to a speaker whom Professor Gummy brought. Siwon, Heechul and Yoochun were already there since they were one of the committee. What should I do? His heart got heavier than yesterday. The longer he knew that she’s mad at him, the more it burdened him.

 

“Wait up.” A low voice spoke from his behind.

 

Donghae paused and turned around, only to find himself shoved to the nearest wall and was actually being gripped by strong hands on his collar. The students in the hallway gasped and began to run away in fear of getting involved in someone else’s .

 

“Who the do you think you are?!” The angry voice roared as his nails dug deeper against his skin.

 

What?

 

It was Mino.

 

What is his problem this time? Donghae tried to push his hands away but the guy pushed him even more.

 

“Who said you could just come in this school and things over?!”

 

Okay. Donghae has a lot of problems as of the moment and having a brawl with this guy isn’t one of it. “Get away from me!” He managed to push him away that made him stumble on the other guy behind him. Donghae recognized him as Bobby.

 

“You can never be one of us!” Bobby angrily pointed at him.

 

What on Earth are these people talking about? He was sure getting pissed too. He had enough of these bullies stepping on him. “And who told you that I would want to be like you!”

 

Mino sniggered at that. “Isn’t that why you flirted with Yang Sandara and Im Yoona? You came here and screwed their lives just to have a taste of what it’s like to be an elite!”

 

Donghae was ready to retort when he closed his mouth and inwardly took a step back from the two. It wasn’t about the nonsense of being an elite that mollified him for a second. You came here and screwed their lives. Yoona was on the verge of getting kicked out. Dara shed tears of pain and anger. Yes, I screwed up big time. He looked down the gray tiled floor.

 

“Your name shouldn’t have been erased from the Wall of Doom!” Bobby added.

 

The memory of Yang Sandara crying that night got even clearer that Donghae couldn’t hear any of their goads. He took a step to the right, thinking he should just let them and proceed to the seminar peacefully. Although peace is something that is so hard to get nowadays. His silence didn’t go well to the bullies when Mino pushed him again and curled his fist on the air, ready to punch Donghae.

 

“Stop!”

 

The three looked to left and saw Im Yoona rushing to them. Mino quickly backed away from Donghae and Bobby pulled him for a run. The senator’s daughter is someone you shouldn’t mess with too. Donghae adjusted his uniform’s collar and picked up his notebook that fell.

 

“Are you okay?” Yoona asked and glanced to where Mino and Bobby disappeared.

 

“I’m fine.” His smile was forced.

 

“Do you want to report those two?”

 

“No.” He shook his head. He decided not to go to the seminar anymore. “It’s really okay.”

 

Yoona creased her forehead in disagreement. “Bullying is never okay,” told her firmly. “Put your best fight mode for today, Donghae. You need it badly.” She sighed. “Especially now.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Donghae!”

 

“Ssshhh!” He put his index finger near his lips to shush him down. “Heechul.” His brows creased. “Wae? What’s wrong?” Different books had his hands full. He was doing his library duties. Although he had to admit that the looks from the other students and teachers were really getting so uncomfortable. Their looks clearly said how outsiders are welcomed in the place but not him. He was actually waiting for Ms. Kang Hyoni to tell him that he couldn’t come and be a student assistant there anymore. That reminds the Wall of Doom days to him.

 

“Have you heard?” Heechul was sweating.

 

Thinking it was about the seminar, he replied, “Aniyo. I didn’t attend the seminar. Is Professor-”

 

“Siwon heard the news from his girlfriend, Bom.”

 

Okay. This isn’t about the seminar. He thought and closed his mouth, waiting for it. This involves me.

 

“Dara and Minzy had a fight in Spring club last night.”

 

“What? Against whom?” He put the books he was holding down the cart.

 

“Against each other!” Heechul shook his head, picturing the scene like it was so ridiculous to even happen. “It was really unbelievable. I mean, it’s like Hermione Granger and Harry Potter calling it quits to their admirable friendship. They’re supposed to back each other up no matter what happen.”

 

They’re fighting? “What happened?”

 

Heechul was still trying to even his breath. “Dara ssi basically ordered Minzy ssi to lead you and Yoona’s expulsion and hearing in the Discipline Committee. She wants you out immediately.”

 

Donghae felt a needle struck his heart and stayed there. So, this is really about it.

 

“But for some inexplicable reason, Minzy ssi quickly dismissed the case right there and then.” His voice in a high pitched, sounding so pleased. “I heard the president said that personal issues among students should be dealt among themselves and not interfered by any organization in YG University. Finally! Someone is saying it!” He nodded so fast.

 

“What did Dara say?”

 

Heechul made a face of defeat. “Of course, she didn’t take that well.”

 

“What happened?” This is getting out of control.

 

“I’m not really sure,” hesitated Heechul. “But Siwon said that in the end, serious threats were thrown against each other.”

 

“Threats?” Donghae widened his eyes.

 

“Yeah. CL ssi and Bom ssi were really vexed on whose side to take. Or whether it was right to take sides.”

 

“What do you mean by threats, Heechul?”

 

The namja took a very deep breath. “Minzy told that she, herself, would file a case against Dara if the latter would force you and Yoona out of this school without any legalities.”

 

Donghae found himself massaging his forehead. This is his fault. First, Yoona got involved and now, Dara’s bestfriend, Gong Minzy. “And Dara said?” He couldn’t help but ask, knowing she wouldn’t let that pass either.

 

Heechul looked so dispirited. “Yang Sandara declared that she would abolish the Student Council and the Discipline Committee.” Paused. “By replacing the current board members.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Follow TOP. Follow him. You love him, right? You deserve to be happy. With him. In Greece.

 

Now that she remembered it, Donghae told Yoona those words because those were the right words to say. But never the words he wanted to tell.

 

Dara breathed in through her red lips as she stared quietly at the lake. The sun had set already, leaving the school almost empty. The big tree behind her made soft sounds as the leaves swayed along the cold wind. She just arrived a few minutes ago. She spent all day in her room, lying on her bed and staring at nothing. She couldn’t bring herself in the Blackjack suite. After what happened between her and Minzy last night, Dara found it burdensome to just greet each other. Of course, she wasn’t serious on replacing her as the Council President. Who else could’ve done that role better than Minji? She remembered Bom’s words after their clash.

 

Just be sure not regret anything after all these, Dara.

 

She closed her eyes but all she could think of was how he only saw her when his first love was gone. That time when she saw the two sitting happily under the biggest tree near the lake. How she felt like a rebound to his aching heart when Yoona left for TOP. How he would choose Yoona anytime of the day and night before her.

 

A bitter smile left her lips. Im Yoona. In Fine Arts. In Lee Donghae. Even on this tree . . . Why must you always come first?

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter