Confession

World Of Our Own
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

This is for everyone. A kind reminder for you to take it easy with your comments.

 

If you are a true Royal reader, by now you should realize that many great Darahae authors are already on hiatus. Right? Huwag nyo namang hintayin na pati si Valdec authornim umalis din. The only one that is making Royals happy and not completely abandon this submarine is the stories here in AFF. Totoo, hindi? True, mare. We all know there’s no legit moment from them. The fictional stories somehow keep us alive. This is me, RoyalBlackELF, an AFF reader speaking just like you all. Let’s give some respect to AFF authors. We all don’t have the same personalities. Some might be sensitive while some just don’t care.

 

Believe me. Authors love it so much whenever they see that red notification that signals a new story comment. I know kasi kahit ako, kahit pa isang simpleng ‘thanks for the update’ lang yan. Abot tenga na ngiti ko. Pag constructive criticism yan, okay lang yan. Acceptable yan. If you’re a silent reader and can’t spare time to comment, keri lang. Rakenrol pa rin! But if that’s some plain and serious rudeness you showed right there? Expect the authors to come back at you. Big time. Kasi nga rude ka.

 

I’m just a Royal reader who can’t take Royal authors leaving because of hurtful comments in their own stories. And Valdec authornim having the thought, even a mere thought of deleting her stories is a serious Royal case. Lechugas! Nandoon ang pinakawagas na mga Rated M Darahae stories naten! Ayusin nyo buhay nyo! Wahahahaha! Jk lang. Valdec authornim. Sana wag mong mabasa to.  Sorry na. xD

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And a good, hellish week passed by with Donghae still standing inside the YG University. He didn’t just make it. He’s still trying to survive. Every prank that was pulled on him. Every taunt from those eager to make him leave their imaginary kingdom of greatness. Each day he shocked them to death by appearing on the huge gates of the school. Even the school guards were beginning to give him a puzzled look. That look of what-the--are-you-still-doing-here. The teachers too were being cautious when checking the attendance and seeing him at the very back, saying ‘Present!’ all the time.

 

Although each day that passed, their pieces of mischief were getting more and more exasperating.

 

If it weren’t somebody ‘accidentally’ spilling some pasta on his head, it would be somebody throwing their large caps still full of soda at his back. He wasn’t even using the restrooms nowadays when he got locked in there once and he only got out the next morning. The monobloc chair that he brought was nowhere to be found too. He brought another chair the next day only to find it cut into pieces by some really sharp object. He was betting on chainsaw. The effort to annoy him though. So, he stopped bringing a chair and settled on either standing or sitting while participating in class at the back. His name and picture would always be seen in other places of the campus. That with nasty remarks and the teachers couldn’t care any less as they passed them by like they don’t exist. There was a time when he just passed the tennis court to find this student who hasn’t surrendered back the book she borrowed when a ball rolled to his feet. One of the senior players named Taecyeon kindly asked him to put it back near some wall which puzzled him for a second. Why not just throw it to them so they can use it? But still, he followed their kind request. It was too late to regret though when a great number of tennis balls came angrily at his direction. He didn’t know what to do. He was crouching down and running from left to right trying to dodge the balls but ended up getting hit anyway. That night, Donghae didn’t go to work in Eunhyuk’s father’s restaurant and instead treated some bruises and lumps that he got.

 

That group with that B.I. guy with some of his classmates were so adamant on pissing him though. They would always push him to the side, throw the books he was holding and just plain mocking him. He had no idea what he did wrong to everyone of them! Even Ms. Kang Hyoni decided that it would be better, no. It would be quieter and much peaceful for the YG library if he wouldn’t work and show up there. Mino and Bobby would always rip some books and would put Donghae’s name with bold mark pen on the covers of the book. He couldn’t disagree to Ms. Kang for he felt that it was the right thing to do too.

 

And now, another day has come for him to survive and endure once again.

 

Who would’ve thought that his dream school would be an institution of his nightmares?

 

Donghae reached his locker at the ground floor of the Jinusean building. He put some of his stuff there but to his surprise what welcomed him first was a note.

 

 

 

 

1 – 0

 

Well done, Donghae! Thumbs up! We’re very sorry, Donghae. We are cowards. We hope you understand. We are not as brave as you are. Hmmm. Yoochun’s mom cooked japchae last night. Pig out! Kkkkkk.

 

                                        - The Amazing WonHeeChun

 

 

 

 

 

A genuine laugh escaped from him as he stared at the blue note even more. Although they still haven’t hang out together just like before or even just plain talking and greeting, he knew he still have them as friends. He took the warm container with the dish Yoochun’s mom cooked and smelled it. Too bad it was making him want to ditch his class and just marry the japchae on his hands.

 

At least I have food to eat in today’s war. He thought and walked to his class with that smile.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“What are you doing here?” Dara asked the guy who was lying on her condo unit’s king-size bed. She put her Gucci bag on the porcelain table imported from China near her tall mirror.

 

“Wae? Can’t I visit you anymore?” He asked back with that pouty expression.

 

Dara sat beside him and messed his newly dyed pink hair. “You had this in Paris?” She played his hair with her fingers.

 

“Deh noona! What do you think? Soo hyuk hyung said that I look like an anime character. It’s cool, deh? Deh?” Jinwoo looked at his sister with those big and  proud eyes.

 

 

Dara made a straight face and answered, “Yeah. You look like that pink haired girl who is the main character of an anime. The one with the cutesy, high-pitched voice. Shoujo power. Yay.” She cheered with that fake happy tone which caused her brother to push her lightly to the side.

 

“Noona!” He shouted at her. Jinwoo put a hard time deciding on that hair color. He spent two hours in the most renowned salon picking for the color that he thought was best on his handsome face.

 

“Ara. Ara.” Dara was chuckling and began taking her heels off. “It’s okay.”

 

“More than okay.” He replied as a matter of factly as he inspected his reflection on the mirror, satisfied with the new chic hair color.

 

“Did Soohyuk oppa change his boring hair color too?”

 

Jinwoo started eating the Cadbury’s chocolate bar on the lampshade. “I’ll believe somebody telling me that the world will end tomorrow but not hyung replacing his Mr. Prim and Proper black and neat hairdo.”

 

Dara laughed heartily at what her brother said. “Yeah.” She shook her head with that laughing face.

 

Jinwoo sat up straight and looked at her. “How are you?” His face turned serious. “Noona.” He paused not really know how to say it. “About handling the hospitals-”

 

Dara’s ears perked up and sat beside Jinwoo quickly. “You’ll take a pre-Med course after you graduate high school next year and become a doctor and save me from my misery?!” Her eyes were sparkling like she found the whole Avengers in her condo unit.

 

“Aniyo.”

 

Dara frowned at her own brother as she looked away and settled on the fresh lilies in her room.

 

“Mianhe noona.” Jinwoo massaged her back.

 

Dara sighed. “I just don’t understand you, Jinwoo.” She checked her silver Tagheuer watch and knew she was getting late in the party that Bom organized. She was having this chaebol named Nickhun fetch her any minute now and she hasn’t showered yet. “You don’t want to handle our whole medicine enterprise but you want to be like dad and become a businessman. What? Hospitals and pharmaceutical stuff are businesses too. It is what you want.” She faced him with a serious look as well. That listen-brat-I-am-older-than-you look.

 

“Noona.” Jinwoo began to say. “A doctor’s life isn’t for me. It’s for you.”

 

“Bull.” Dara stood and grabbed her bag to get a stick. She was about to light it but glanced back at her baby brother.

 

“I have asthma.” Jinwoo said with that innocent smile and Dara rolled her eyes for stupidly forgetting it. She threw it on the air and put her lipstick lighter back on her bag. Jinwoo held her hand gently as he pulled her back to sit beside him.

 

Dara just looked at him in the eyes. “I don’t want to be a doctor too.”

 

Jinwoo smiled at her thinly. “Tell dad then.”

 

She snorted. “You think I haven’t?”

 

That’s true.

 

Even in her primary school, her classmates are already aloof when it comes to her. She got it from her father, they say. If Yang Sandara wants it, she gets it. It was in the Gong’s party when she met Bom, CL and Minzy. They were childhood friends. Her father knew their family backgrounds and was more than pleased to have them accompany Dara as she grew up. But it wasn’t wealth that made those four stuck on each other, it was understanding. They were different in their own ways but they accepted each other’s strengths and flaws.

 

At the age of seven, Dara has her own black label cards and six bodyguards following her around. There was a time when her Gr. 3 teacher made a comment that she should study more on Math and she was willing to help Dara because for the last 2 quarters, Dara seemed having so much difficulty on fractions and stuff. That made Dara furious and told her dad that she wanted the teacher kicked out. A teacher kicked out for merely offering her help? That was beyond ridiculous but to the great Yangs, it was possible. She guessed that was when people started to fear her name. Her older brother, Soohyuk, used to that she has this superiority complex which she didn’t understand that time. She was just an 8 year-old girl who enjoyed having the authority above everyone else.

 

But it was her mother who kept her on the ground.

 

After school, Jinwoo and her were always brought to the hospital where their mom was working. She had an office on the highest floor of the hospital building where she signs stuff and meet clients and deal with hospital problems and a separate room in the doctor’s building where she meets her patients. Dara was proud everytime a patient thanked her mom after every consultation. She tells many stories that people loved to hear. She admired her for calming those crying and panicking families in times of uncertainty. She loved how her mom taught her not to be afraid of blood because blood means life and life is happiness.

 

Arts.

 

That is her life. Her happiness.

 

It was on her 4th grade when her mom saw her potential on that field. She was just using cheap crayons that a patient left in her mom’s clinic and she drew the view outside the hospital. It was so detailed and fine that her mom’s first words was that it was scary. Scary in the sense that she has real talent on drawing. Eight grade came and she was already using paintbrush. She has her own studio room in their mansion full of paintings. People. Animals. Nature. Buildings. Clouds. A laughing old man. Modernism. Expressionism. Surrealism. She has them all but it is in Abstract that she loves the most. Her mom supported her in buying her painting materials, bringing her to art exhibits, travelling to one country to another to paint more beautiful works.

 

I’ll be a painter, mom. She always told her mother.

 

Solma? But you are a painter already.

 

Aniyo. I’ll take Fine Arts when I go to college.

 

Okay. Her mom smiled and wiped the orange paint on her left cheek. What do you think would be your greatest painting then?

 

I’ll paint the most beautiful smile in the world. She proudly answered.

 

I believe you will.

 

Mrs. Yang was simple, beautiful and kind hearted. She was the best mom. She was her first bestfriend. Her greatest fan. And she was gone.

 

Dara knew she could never paint that most beautiful smile anymore for her model and inspiration vanished forever.

 

The day her mom died was the same day her prominent and exceptional father gave her the ultimate judgment. You’ll be taking over our medicine enterprise, Sandara. You’ll be the next doctor Yang.

 

Two sentences.

 

And not even a word of comfort.

 

Their mother just died and he was thinking of his empire.

 

But she said nothing as Soohyuk embraced her and Jinwoo tightly.

 

Dara already spoke to her father lots of time that she didn’t want to be a doctor. That if it was possible, she could just hire great doctors who could advise her in dealing and deciding her with hospital matters. That she dreamt on fulfilling another profession. That she wasn’t happy in the College of Nursing. Fine Arts. It was what she wanted to be part of. To paint. But Yang Hyuk Suk raised his voice immediately saying that she was ridiculous and slothful.

 

Since then, her relationship with her father built this very huge gap between them. A year could pass without Soohyuk, Jinwoo and her seeing their father. He was always travelling. Sometimes, he was just in Seoul but they never see each other or if they did, he would just ask her in the office and discuss the hospital matters. Christmas? Birthdays? What are those? Dara moved out the house and bought a condo unit on her own. Sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter