Juliet's Romeo

World Of Our Own
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“I’m happy to see you, Nurse. Have you been with Juliet?” He paused. “Have you been with Juliet?” He repeated again as he looked at the copy of the script Yoochun gave him. Donghae paused for a longer time as he tried to memorize the following lines. “I’m not sure. Stay there until I . . .” His voice trailed off, bothered with the way the heiress beside him had been giving him a wry look. “What?”

 

“You are never the actor type. You could pass as the guy who paints the props.” Dara informed him flatly.

 

Donghae returned that dry look. “Why don’t you focus on your own lines?”

 

Morning class ended. It was lunchbreak but the two opt to stay in the classroom to practice. Although, she had been sitting there, drinking her frappe, not even a bit anxious on the coming audition. Say, 5 hours left to go?

 

Dara smirked at his frown. “Don’t have to.”

 

Yang Sandara is not Yang Sandara without that superb arrogance. He thought as he narrowed his eyes on her. Donghae returned his focus on the script. Well, he had to admit. He never experienced acting on stage. Heck! He never even watched one! If it weren’t for Yoochun’s pleadings then he wouldn’t even dare reading lines from a play. Was he nervous? Totally. Just imagine the look of the committee on judging taking out your soul just by sitting there and watching you monologue on your own? The sweat on his soft, pale hands wouldn’t do justice to the bees buzzing in his stomach. Yeah, big king bees.

 

Donghae looked at her again who was now busy playing this new game she just downloaded. “Can I ask you a question?”

 

“No.”

 

“Why are you auditioning?”

 

Dara paused her fingers and took a glance at him. “Got a problem with that?” She raised a brow.

 

He put the script down on his desk. “You keep on telling me that I’m not the actor type when you’re not the type who likes classic literature either.”

 

She stilled at that. Why am I auditioning for this ing play? It’s because that yun is dreaming to be a Juliet when she looks like the wife of Humpty Dumpty!

 

Just remembering the look on Jihyun’s face made her blood boiled once again. The way she greeted Donghae. Plastered that flirtatious smile on him. Called him ‘oppa.’ Yucccckkkk! Has she got no shame at all? Her? Juliet? A Capulet?

 

Piglet perhaps.

 

Donghae was taken aback with that deadly glare she was giving him at the moment. What’s wrong with her? Did I say something wrong?

 

I can’t let this . . . Dara paused the rage in her mind as she squinted her eyes on Donghae. Wait a second. She saw him opened his mouth, looking like he was troubling whether to speak or not. “Got a problem with me auditioning for ty Juliet’s role?” Her voice dangerous.

 

“What?” Donghae blinked his eyes. “No. I was just aski-”

 

“Do you think I cannot beat that Nam Jihyun?”

 

“What?” Okay. What has she got to do with my simple question? He thought. “I did not-”

 

“You think she’ll win over me?” Her voice now rising and eyes piercing his every bones and veins.

 

“N-no.” Donghae stuttered for a bit as his brows creased at her sudden change of mood.

 

“You want her to be the Juliet, don’t you?!” Dara stood up and glared at him viciously. Her voice just roared in the four corners of their emptied classroom.

 

“I didn’t say that.” He replied, not backing down on her glare. Why does she look so mad? Is she offended? Is she really this passionate to get the role? Seriously? Dara doesn’t really strike as someone who loves to act and be on stage. Or am I wrong?

 

“Shut up!” She shouted at him hotly. “I’ll get the Juliet role and that Nam Jihyun would cry all night for her acting so bad!” She grabbed her bag angrily and marched to the door. Donghae was left sitting there, watching her strode but then flinched when the heiress turned back to him with that Hulk face still on. “Make sure you won’t forget a line and get Romeo’s role or else I’ll kill you.” One last threat and she slammed the door behind.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

.           .           .           .           .           .

 

 

 

 

 

 

Make sure you won’t forget a line and get Romeo’s role or else I’ll kill you.

 

 

 

 

Donghae slowly looked back at the script on his desk and stared at it a bit longer.

 

 

 

 

Won’t forget a line and get Romeo’s role . . .

 

 

 

 

His eyes digging holes on the bold letters on the upper left part of the paper.

 

 

 

 

 Get Romeo’s role . . .

 

 

 

 

He snapped his head back to the door. “Huh?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Well done, Hae!” Yoochun cheered as the namja approached them with a shy smile and a bit sweaty face.

 

“Damn. You sure it’s your first time?” Siwon gave Donghae a high five.

 

“You’ll get it.” Heechul gave him thumbs up. “There’s just no way you won’t.”

 

“Not expecting.” Donghae smiled at them. “I mean, there are lots of students who did way too great.” He looked back at the stage of the BlackPink Hall.

 

“Nah.” Heechul dismissed him with a hand. “Look at those judges.” He pointed at the three persons somewhere at the middle who were discussing with each other. “They like you. They’ll pick you.”

 

Donghae shook his head but the smile of relief still on his face. He finished the audition! Getting the role or not didn’t matter. It was done. Period. He smiled at his friends again before turning around at the other aspiring stage actors for the YG K+ drama club’s Valentine offering, Romeo and Juliet. He was staring at the girls who were still practicing their lines and some trying to keep themselves calm.

 

There were lots of wannabe Juliets in the hall but . . .

 

“You think she’ll come?”

 

Donghae whipped his head back to Yoochun. “Hm?” He knew who his friend was referring to for Donghae’s eyes had been wandering around the venue ever since he got there. And that’s an hour ago already.

 

“She will.”

 

Donghae had yet to reply when Heechul spoke with that pokerface on.

 

“How can you be so sure?” Siwon chuckled at him. “Yang Sandara auditioning is just way too absurd to believ-”

 

“She will,” repeated Heechul with that smirking lips. “Trust me.” He made a pause as he saw a glimpse of Nam Jihyun on the corner, standing creepily there and checking his friend from head to toe. Heechul looked back at Donghae’s puzzled face. “She will.”

 

Donghae wanted to add another question but Taeyeon’s voice made them turn back to the stage.

 

“Okay! We will now start the audition for the role of Juliet.” Taeyeon announced with a pen on her hand. She was part of the judges along with the director of the play and the Vice President of YG+K, Yoo Inna. “Goo Hara ssi?” Taeyeon read on the list. She looked at the stage and saw a petite girl, walking confidently to the centerstage. “You may start.” She nodded at her.

 

Lots and lots of girls went to that stage, reciting their lines, trying to impress the judges and the crowd but all those three gave were pursing their lips as if they were asked to eat the same pasta dish over and over again.

 

The four namjas were seated together near the aisle. They looked at the faces of the judges who seemed to be in much dissatisfaction.

 

“Uh-oh.” Siwon whispered to them. “Don’t think they’re liking what these babes are giving.”

 

“No one’s really striking.” Heechul commented with a shrug.

 

“If no one would make a good impression, I bet they’ll get Taeyeon or Seohyun to do the lead role.” Yoochun told them. “A Juliet material is nowhere to be found.”

 

“Oh!” Siwon pointed at the stage excitedly. “Here’s your chocolate girl.” He nudged Donghae’s side. The other three followed his gaze.

 

“Nam Jihyun?” In Na called her name. “Anytime you want.” She pointed at the stage.

 

“Deh.” She nervously smiled at them before taking a glance at Donghae in the audience. Somehow it gave her confidence. Just his mere presence.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I think they already made a choice.” Yoochun blurted after seeing the pleased look of the judges after Jihyun’s perfor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter