Never Say Over

World Of Our Own
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Donghae couldn’t even count the times he glanced at her from the corner of his eyeglasses. Dara, that day, was quiet. No, she’s not just quiet. She was suppressed.

 

Professor PSY asked Irene to collect the cell anatomy project and Donghae handed his work to her. Dara put it on his desk when she entered the room without any word. Donghae teased where her project was but she just sat there staring at nothing, not even looking at him.

 

“Uhm.” Donghae raised his hand to Irene and leaned to Dara. “Yah. Submit your project. She’s collecting it.” He smiled kindly.

 

The Yang heiress turned to Irene who was standing and sweating cold buckets. “Get the out of my sight.” The poor girl quickly bowed and ran her way to the teacher with the projects on her trembling hands.

 

WonHeeChun didn’t even want to glance at their back. Professor PSY and the whole class grew silent. This is the Yang Sandara the knew but not misses. The teacher cleared his throat and proceed with the lesson.

 

Donghae tried to focus on the video of bacteria playing on the screen but his mind was on the lady beside him. What’s wrong with her? She was okay yesterday. Giving in to the curiosity, he looked at her. “Dara.”

 

“Where were you last night?” She cut him off. “When I called you, where were you again?”

 

Donghae froze as his forehead creased. Dara stared back at him with the look he couldn’t identify. “I was w-working in the restaurant.”

 

She nodded slowly, eyes not leaving him. Her lips on a thin line as she gritted her teeth inside. “With Eunhyuk?”

 

No. With Yoona.

 

His eyes looked away from her. He rubbed his fingers against his pants as they began to sweat cold. “Y-yes, of course.”

 

She was seated there, boring humongous holes in him. Donghae tried to look away as he shifted from his chair. He was really getting uncomfortable with this side of her. “Are you okay?” He asked with much concern.

 

The killing silence she was giving him wasn’t just odd. It was freakish.

 

“Of course.” Dara quietly replied and returned her gaze to the front.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Donghae. Table 3!”

 

“Got it!”

 

It was a bust night in All Rise Silver Restaurant. It was sure jampacked not only by their regular customers but also with tourists.

 

“Donghae, bill on table 7!”

 

“Deh!”

 

“Donghae!” Eunhyuk came rushing in. He just came l real late from school.

 

“Finally.” Donghae rolled his eyes at his supposed reliable bestfriend. “The lady on Table 8 needs-”

 

“I saw Im Yoona drinking alone to death in the Run Devil Run bar! Random nasty guys were starting to pry on her.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

The Run Devil Run bar was nothing like the bars Donghae had already visited with his friends. The people in it were like human sardines grinding and puffing smoke at each other. It was that kind of bar with no bouncers who would require your ID to see if you’re above 18 to get in. There was no exclusivity at all. Anyone could come and go. The favorite hang out place of those students from pay-and-you’ll-pass universities. A guy strongly bumped from his back and if not for the other guy in front of him, Donghae could’ve landed on the floor. He looked at his back and saw two high schoolers punching and kicking each other. Donghae got alarmed. He was about to go and stop them but the crowd began to cheer, “Fight! Fight! Fight!” Some even threw beer to the rascals trying to kill each other.

 

The club lives up to its name.

 

Run Devil Run.

 

So, why on Earth is that angel here?

 

After like 88, 402 months of trying to find her, out hero finally saw the angel. She was seating alone on the floor on one of the cramped verandas in that stinky club. The sliding door was locked and there were a number of guys knocking, wooing her with foul flowery words for her to open it and let them in.

 

Donghae frowned at their behavior. And they call themselves men?

 

Baby, open the door. If you need someone to talk, my ears and manhood are both ready for you.

 

She’ll be mine. Trust me.”

 

Come on. Get out there, sweetheart. A princess like you shouldn’t stay in the dungeon. The night is still young!

 

You’re a frog! Hahahahahaha!

 

Miss Beautiful. I’ll kiss you all night long. Hahahahaha!

 

“Leave her alone!”

 

The s turned their heads to Donghae who pushed his way near the door, making some of those guys stumbled to the side. “She’s a lady. You should all respect her!” He shouted angrily at them.

 

“What are you, a priest?” The guy guffawed and drank from his canned beer.

 

“Hey tard.” Another guy pointed his cigarette on Donghae. “We saw her first. Find your own to ride.”

 

That popped a vein in his neck. Donghae curled his fist and took a step forward to knock some senses and good morals to that guy when a hand stopped him from behind.

 

“Donghae?”

 

He looked back and saw her looking at him questioningly.

 

“Sweet baby!”

 

Yoona was quick to pull Donghae in and locked the door. The guys looked pissed that the newcomer got to snatch their prey away. She slid the curtain on the door to block them.

 

“Oh come on! Why that tard?!”

 

“He won’t satisfy you, trust me!”

 

Donghae looked at the door and flinched when they began throwing bottles at the door. “What the.”

 

“It’s okay.” Yoona told. “It’s bulletproofed.” She chuckled and slumped back on the floor, poured more rum on her glass and drank it.

 

Donghae took a minute standing there, not sure whether to talk to Yoona already or do something to the rowdy males outside.

 

“Why are you here?” She finally asked.

 

He walked to her and bent his knees, facing her. “Why are you here?” Despite the dim light, her very flushed face from all the alcohol she had was very much evident. The bottle of rum was halved already. Her stuff scattered on the floor and white high heels were taken off.

 

“I asked first.” She chuckled lightly.

 

Why Yoona? “Eunhyuk told me you are here, alone and drinking.”

 

“Who’s Eunhyuk?” She tilted her head to the side.

 

Donghae smiled. “He’s my bestfriend from Mokpo.”

 

“Ahhh.” She nodded and smiled back.

 

Donghae watched her finished her drink and started to pour again. “Yoona, why are you here?”

 

She pursed her lips forward like she was pretending to think and then, laughed. “There’s no other place, Hae.” She put three cubes of ice on her glass. “It’s a place no elites would dare go but me.” She pointed to herself and winked proudly. “No one would know that the daughter of the number one senator in South Korea is drinking happily all by herself.” She let out another chuckle. “Plus, I got fans.” She pointed her glass to the door. “Cheers!”

 

Donghae took a deep breath as she emptied her rum again. “Yoona, why are you here?” He repeated.

 

“Hm?” She wiped her lips with her hand and gave him an incredulous look. “I just answered you. Weren’t you listening?” She filled her glass with another round but he already put a hand on her glass and held it firmly.

 

“Why are you here?”

 

Yoona stared back for a long time and sadly smiled. “Because I need to.” She gently pushed his hand away.

 

It pricked his heart to see her like this. The YG angel in her misery. Donghae took the glass away from her and put it on the floor. He held Yoona’s thin arms and gently pulled her up. “Let’s go, Yoona. I’ll bring you home.” He smiled at her.

 

“No.” She whined. “You go. You go, Hae.” She tried to push his hands away. “I’m fine here. I’m okay.” She nodded but couldn’t look in his eyes. “You go. You go to Eunhyuk, You go to the restaurant. You go home. You go to sleep.” Yoona laughed shortly. “You go, Hae.” She playfully gave a tap on his shoulder. She was successful to shoo his hands off her as she grabbed her glass back and took a sip from it. “You go, my friend.” She pushed him a little harder that made Donghae took a step back from bending down.

 

“I’m fine.” She smiled and gave him a thumbs up.

 

The wind blew against their skin but he knew it was nothing to the emptiness she was feeling right now. The two feel into a silence. Yoona was staring blankly at the cube of ice melting on the dusty floor while Donghae had his eyes fixed on her.

 

“Remember that time when we were sitting near the lake in the school,” Donghae started to say as he seated, crossing his legs in front of her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter