One Reason

World Of Our Own
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Thank you for upvoting Lyusdr!!! And hello to new subbies!!!

 

I was honestly thinking of double updating again but . . . I haven’t even started a single letter on the next chapter. Tch. Sorry. :(

 

 

 

 

“Tell me, this is just a joke.”

 

Park Bom’s voice sounded so serious as if only a fool would dare decide something that was unthinkable.

 

“No.” Her straight and arrogant reply.

 

CL sighed in disbelief and looked at Minzy, her eyes seemed to be begging the maknae to slap her to wake ‘cause this was downright ridiculous. The Council’s President could only stare back at their volatile friend namely Yang Sandara who was so comfortable on sipping a cold beer on that early morning while flipping a Vogue magazine.

 

“What’s going on?” Bom gently placed her red Gucci bag on the glass table in front of them. CL and Minzy were beside her, studying if this was an early April Fool’s Day in the first week of March.

 

Her silence, mode face and the casual sound of the pages of that magazine on her hand being turned was enough to piss the Queen Idol. Siwon called her this morning and bombarded her with Why-does-Dara-want-to-kick-Donghae-and-Yoona-out-of-YG. “Dara. Why are you doing this?”

 

Still, no answer.

 

“Dara.”

 

The magazine slammed against the table that made the vase full of white lilies fall. “Because I want to.” She laid her friend a piercing stare and stood up, heading to the door. classes.

 

“You can kick Donghae oppa out but not Im Yoona ssi.” Minzy sat on the leathered chair calmly.

 

That almost popped a vein in her smooth neck. She paused on her track and turned to Minzy. “What the hell did you just say?”

 

“Eonni. Senator Im holds a fair share in this school-”

 

“And?”

 

Minzy sighed in exasperation. “He wouldn’t just sit down and accept that he could throw scholarships to random students in public schools but couldn’t secure his daughter’s education in this institution.”

 

“Shareholder or not,” Her voice sharp. “This is our property. I could do what I want. Senator Im could just sit down and swallow that he needed another damn school for his daughter.”

 

Minzy and Dara eyed each other as if they were bestfriends turned enemies. Being the Council President, Gong Minzy kept mum and went with her demands and attitude of making those students that irritate her miserable. She didn’t even say a thing when her Vice President Taeyang asked her opinion about the birth of Wall of Doom. She’s a part of the Discipline Committee but the position meant nothing everytime any 2NE1 member is involved. That’s why when a nobody stood against Dara, she was secretly cheering the guy from behind. Finally, an unofficial and unknown Council president was making big changes. Something she failed to do these past years. Yang Sandara, her friend, changed drastically in just a few months and it’s all because of him. He deserved a monument of his own somewhere in the school. “Eonni.” Minzy looked away and gripped her uniform skirt. They were now wearing college uniforms. Something she had wanting to wear.

 

“Dara.” CL combed her hair with a hand. “You cannot just kick them out. The Wall of Doom was built so students could just drop on their own. Isn’t that what you want? Ordering the School Director to a force expulsion . . . There would be an investigation for that, right Minzy?” She glanced at the quiet maknae and then back to Dara. “What did those two do to deserve an expulsion? Let’s say, the Discipline Committee agreed to conduct an investigation, on what grounds-”

 

“We are the Discipline Committee.”

 

CL closed in a thin line while Bom could only shook her head. She’s losing it. Dara is. She’s losing her mind.

 

“Minzy is there.” She pointed at her. “Tell them that the two cheated in an exam or falsified a document. Anything.” Dara shrugged as she instructed Minzy. “You know what to do.” She turned around to leave again.

 

“The Council will stand,” Minzy stood, her hands curled into a ball. Enough with the childish plays. We enjoyed evilly it together but now’s the time to grow up. Together too. “Against you.” This is the Student’s Council’s President.

 

Bom had an inaudible gasp and put a hand on . “Minji,” called CL, holding her friend’s hand. This was truly getting out of control.

 

“Do that.” The smirk on the Yang heiress’ face got even more pronounced. She may looked cool and arrogantly calm but . . . Your bestfriend siding to your enemies? Her hate towards them just got bigger.

 

“Dara.” Bom finally walked in between to raise that white flag on these supposed allied forces.

 

But she wasn’t even finished. “Do just that.” She challenged her, although the sound and context was more on a threat. “And I’ll have you out here as well.”

 

The air got thicker to breathe as the girls watched Minzy stormed towards to door and slammed it hard.

 

CL threw Dara a dagger look. “How -ful can you get?” And ran out the Blackjack suite to follow her friend.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Before lunchtime even came, the whole campus shattered as the news of Im Yoona’s force expulsion by none other than Yang Sandara. They didn’t give a single to Donghae but to the senator’s daughter? It was like a statement from the very beginning, although not official, that Im Yoona could be a part of the mighty 2NE1, in terms of rich and glory in the country.

 

Professor PSY didn’t animatedly discuss anything on that day. He just sat there in front and gave modules for them to answer. He saw the teacher glanced at him lots of time as if asking him the reason on how he could still sit in their classroom. Donghae just continued answering the array of questions about brain cells to the current status of the medicine world under the newly elected president of the United States. He seemed to be heedless on the looks of disgust from his classmates but he knew fully well without needing to see them.

 

They think he caused the Yang VS Im fight.

 

And he couldn’t agree better.

 

The look on her face last night . . .

 

Donghae closed his eyes tightly as he finished the module. Seeing her cry was ten times hurtful than knowing she wants me kicked out.

 

The chicken sandwich on his side was left untouched. Now, he was sitting on the bleachers near the wide swimming area, the exact position where he was when someone shoved painting materials to him that branded him as a troublemaker in the Liberal Arts Department. Remembering it made him smile somehow.

 

“You disappeared in class.”

 

Donghae raised his head and saw his friends, looking at him in nothing but concern. “I finished early.”

 

“Yeah.” Yoochun sat beside him while Siwon and Heechul just stood, studying the clearness of the water on the pool.

 

“Have you eaten?” Yoochun asked him, although he felt stupid asking so because of the perfectly sealed sandwich beside him.

 

“Later.” Donghae smiled back.

 

“Congratulations.”

 

The three looked at Heechul.

 

“You managed to survive the Wall of Doom, only to be directly kicked out.”

 

Silence.

 

“Heechul.” Siwon widened his eyes and wanting to smack him in the head. What he said won’t help.

 

But the namja was taken aback too and put his hands on the air. “That was a joke.”

 

Siwon hissed and raised his hand as if he would really hit him. “Not funny.” Heechul scratched the back of his head.

 

“It’s true though.” Their eyes went on him. Donghae smiled weakly. “It’s true.”

 

“What happened Hae?” Siwon asked, finally sitting beside him and putting an arm around his shoulder. “I asked Bom but she said she didn’t know too. Dara ssi wasn’t saying a thing but . . .”

 

“But?” Heech

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter