Our Love

World Of Our Own
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Isn’t the chapter banner so pretty?! It was made by Anneonym of Spotlight Posters. They’re very welcoming on accepting requests.

 

Thank you lee_annaslodavich for upvoting! She’s a frequent commenter in this story. Keke. Salamatsss! :)

 

Blood and Kisses won. Hihi!

 

This is completed. Yes. I know I said that there’ll be what, 4 more chapters? But dito na lang po talaga. My viewpoint told me to change the ending and make it shorter. To be honest, I’m losing this. I mean, I was so confused on adding this part, conflict and characters, and then changing tapos add ulit, change ulit . . . Ang tagal bago maisulat that sometimes this bores me na din. So, before I disappoint you more by abandoning this story, I’ll give it a beautiful ending na. Oo, beautiful sya saken. Pinaghirapan ko to ha. LMAO

 

I do hope you will still enjoy reading this story till the end. Naks. Drama. Wahahahaha! Okay, go on.

 

 

 

 

 

 

He stood there in the middle of people’s loud and taunting applause. The dazzling lights and glitters he watched a while ago was now replaced with darkness – emptiness that ate the whole him.

 

I would like to announce to you the engagement of Kris and Dara.

 

I am Yang Sandara’s fiance.

 

Yeah. He’s my boyfriend.

 

The engagement of Kris and Dara . . .

 

Kris and Dara . . .

 

His knees wanted to give in as Donghae watched the Wu’s heir pulled Dara away from there. Away from him. Even his arm felt heavy as he took the gift out from the box and stared at it for a long, long time.

 

DH&D.

 

It was so beautifully carved that somehow the engraved letters were written in his heart, bleeding it slowly. Marking a story that seemed to have no beginning and only ending.

 

So, this is what a broken heart feels like.

 

Donghae took a very deep breath, wishing he could just cry to ease a bit of the pain he was taking from watching the love you’re about to fight . . . lost. But his tears just wouldn’t come, mocking him as if it was really a fault – a foolish dream that he fell for someone like her.

 

So, this is what a broken heart feels like. He morosely repeated to himself. He felt somehow funny how he once thought that leaving Mokpo and enrolling in YG would make his life better. Dream big, they say. Now, he had this regret. A bitter smile left his lips.

 

It breaks the broken you even more.

 

 

 

 

Her chest was heaving with anger. It was her 25th birthday. And if someone would tell her that her engagement was ing real, then Dara wished it would be her last birthday to come.

 

The huge mahogany door closed but her terrible fate was now clearly stated.

 

She’s going to marry Kris.

 

Her soon-to-be husband’s grip loosened as she walked towards the tall mirror in the room. The gold and silver design around the thing couldn’t glamourize the shadow that seemed to have taken all her reflection. Why? She couldn’t help but asked. I have everything. Money. Fame. Family. Power. A dashing and influential fiance. The future every person dream of having.

 

I sure have it all.

 

Dara stared back at her reflection and she saw how she looked in that broken state. More than pity, she felt this weakness, a thawing one that slowly makes her hate the life given to her. Her? Yang Sandara hating the power she has over everyone? It sounded like the year’s winning joke but that night it was no laughing matter. All the rich and glory that had been being offered to her generously tasted bland . . . looked blurred . . . and felt nothing.

 

They were nothing compared to the solitude she was in despite the massive strangers kissing her feet.

 

Dara took a long, deep breath, still staring at her in the mirror and slowly wiping the tears with the nearby tissue box.

 

Someone might just come and change you and your life.

 

I didn’t know if Minji’s words were a spell or an ultimatum but I’m glad it came true.

 

Do you know how to read?

 

Your first words to me. I really hated you then.

 

I’d marry my turtle first before I fall in love with you! And I don’t even have a turtle!

 

Till now I’m cursing you for humiliating me like that. Any man would leave their queen for me and yet you? A turtle than me? You’re an idiot.

 

It is the most important thing to me so shut up and give it back!

 

At that time I knew, you already touched me. Changed me. I was so used in making people miserable. Them crying was my cherry on top of my favorite cake. But you . . . The school’s lake was so cold and do I have to say outright filthy? But there I go finding your most cherished thing even though I was loathing you. Or was I?

 

I didn’t think it was possible but it felt nice having this conversation with you.

 

I hate you for making me blush all the time. I adore you for always taking my breath away.

 

It’s my first ever dance.

 

I’m not a believer of deities or destiny or some sort. But only this time, I would bear hug Cupid for playing his arrows on us. Only this time I want to believe that my fate is with you and yours is with me.

 

Merry Christmas, Dara.

 

It was my best Christmas so far.

 

Even if want to, I know I wouldn’t be able to do so.

 

Remembering that moment, I wanted to tie you upside down on a tree for making me run barefooted. You have a daring side. Yeah. I like it. Okay.

 

I think you’re lovable without having the need to change yourself.

 

Could say the same thing to you too.

 

That’s because I don’t have to remember something I have never forgotten, Dara.

 

The butterflies you implanted in me gone somersaulting that night. You didn’t become my Romeo but I wished that you be my Donghae. Still, wishing.

 

Do you know Taylor Swift?

 

A stupid question that led to our first lingering fiery kiss. I miss it.

 

I won’t stop until you forgive me.

 

Fine. I’m quite impressed that you stayed despite my perpetual iness.

 

I love you, Dara. I hope to you it didn’t lose its meaning because for me . . . For me, it’s everything I had been wanting to tell you.

 

It’s everything I’ve been waiting to hear too. I truly wanted to say that then.

 

He’s choosing you, Dara. I hope you do too.

 

He chose me.

 

Dara’s round, black eyes widened even more as the pain she had was being occupied with a new wave of feeling.

 

What feeling?

 

She’s going to marry Kris. That’s what they wanted.

 

A familiar smirk escaped from her red lips. “Like hell I would.”

 

That -You-All-No-One-Gets-To-Dictate-Yang-Sandara feeling.

 

She whipped back to the puzzled Kris who was watching her from behind. Has she gone mad? Kris watched how her face contorted with the chart of different emotions.

 

“I’m signing our divorce papers.” Dara confidently announced with her chin up.

 

Kris gaped but quickly got over it. He let out a breath of relief and smiled mischievously. “Great. ‘Cause I already did.”

 

Dara’s smirk got even wider as she sashayed past him, opening that huge mahogany door once again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I am very delighted to welcome a daughter like Dara in our family.”

 

With sagged and heavy shoulders, Donghae turned around, deciding there was nothing for him to do there. Absolutely, there was no reason for him to stay. He took a step when he heard the people grew quiet. Even Mr. Wu stopped talking. He saw Yoona in front of him with those widened eyes and a grin of wonderment. A loud gasped from the guests and servants followed, adding to his confusion.

 

“Turn around, Hae.” Yoona mouthed, looking thrilled on something.

 

His world found its light, its life, and its reason to move again.

 

At that time, he had questions.

 

He saw how Dara shone in the top of the staircase, her gaze fixed on him. He watched how she started taking her diamond earrings . . . the rubies near her neck . . . the crystals and golden stones beautifully placed as an accent on the side of her hair . . . The people gasped even louder this time and whispered with uncertainty whether the Yang heiress really took of her scarlet six-inch LV high heels before taking a step down. It maybe senseless but Dara threw them all while walking down ever so slowly the grand staircase. She heard Mr. Wu say something but to hell with that.

 

It is him that matters.

 

Donghae found himself walking towards her, pushing the people aside and ignoring the scorn and disbelief they were giving him. He matched her pace that was slowly being hurried. Like it was a matter of a catch or lose game.

 

A game both wanted to win.

 

Dara was already running down when Donghae reached the bottom of the staircase, waiting for her with that smile she always loved and go crazy for. Two steps more. She didn’t wait getting down when Dara flew herself to him and held him so dearly. Donghae embraced her so tight as her hands found his nape, clinging to it like her life depended on it.

 

There was a chaos that was about to explode from the guests and the media around.

 

“This is humiliating!” Mr. Wu was marching angrily down the staircase with Kris holding back his laughter and gratitude. “Hyun Suk!” He was so red that he beat the red shade of Dara’s gown.

 

“Hm?” YG looked passive as if there was nothing peculiar or surprising that was happening. His daughter was just clinging like a cocoon to a man right in from him and everyone. Sure, it was nothing.

 

“This is unacceptable!” Mr. Wu roared.

 

Dara’s embrace got tighter, afraid that he would let her go.

 

Her world was a lot more complicated.

 

It scares everyone.

 

It even scares her.

 

“Dad. Please stop. This engagement is just so ridiculous.” Kris held his father’s arm which was harshly swung.

 

“No!”

 

Donghae’s right hand placed on her back moved to the back of her head, pushing Dara to him more like an inch of space away from him would be his death.

 

“Mr. Wu.” YG spoke. “The kids obviously do not want to get married to each other. Let’s not prolong each other’s humiliation and suffering, shall we?” His eyes piercing. How dare he made an announcement without my knowledge? “Leave my daughter alone.”

 

The two didn’t hear any of those as they were too focused on keeping each closer.

 

“So . . .” Donghae whispered to her ear. He wasn’t sure what he wanted to ask or to do. Him hugging her was everything he had been praying to happen.

 

Dara buried her face on his neck. His scent was intoxicating her more than any scent in the world. “My world is different from yours.”

 

“My world is different from yours too.” He found himself saying.

 

“There will always be people who won’t understand. Who won’t accept us.”

 

“It’s okay.” He told her. “As long as we understand and accept each other, it’s okay.”

 

That made her smile. “Okay.” She whispered softly.

 

Donghae finally got a view of everyone around them. 2NE1 girls and Jinwoo were cheering happily for them. Yoona was clapping and giving him a thumbs up. Soo Hyuk and Shin Hye hugged each other too. Kris was trying to calm his father but his eyes were discreetly glancing at the Im’s daughter. God. She’s so beautiful. He was smiling like an idiot to himself while caressing his father’s back who was still not finish on Yang Hyun Suk. The Yang’s head was busy drinking his red wine and shaking his head to the Wu’s endless complaint. Others didn’t know if they should cheer or tweet and post the breaking news of the year.

 

“Everyone’s looking.” A hot rush of blood crept all through his veins. He forgot they were in the middle of a party!

 

“Really?” Dara replied with a bored tone.

 

Donghae moved away from her for a bit. “You should get dow-”

 

“Say it.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Say that you love you me.”

 

Donghae smiled a genuine one. “I love you, Dara.” He was a neurologist in the making but he was thinking of shifting to Cardiology when his poor and innocent heart seemed to have experience all the best and the worst the world offers.

 

She smirked a proud and satisfied one as she got down from him and nodded slowly in approval. She was blushing wildly as her heart was rejoicing with the butterflies in her. “Arasso.”

 

“Arasso?”

 

Dara nodded quickly this time. “Deh. Arasso.”

 

“No I love you too Donghae?” He creased his brows at her.

 

“If I say that, the next scene would be me kissing you all night. Do you want me to kiss you senselessly on the lips in front of these people?” She asked him seriously.

 

His face was like that of a ripened tomato when he bit his lips. “I-I c-can wait.”

 

“Wae?” Dara laughed at his reaction.

 

Donghae scratched the back of his head. “Someone might take a video and post in on Facebook.”

 

She laughed heartily this time. “That’s your concern? Unbelievable.”

 

“Dara!” Bom shrieked while shedding tears of joy, followed by CL and Minzy.

 

Soo Hyuk patted Donghae’s shoulder which the latter bowed.

 

Their friends and family approached them, getting each of their attention but they couldn’t pull the two apart as their hands were intertwined together. They would reply to anyone who would ask them a question while giving each a loving glance.

 

It wasn’t really a lost fight.

 

For there was no fight to begin with.

 

It was only a matter of truth, trust, and love one can give.

 

Now, in Lee Donghae and Yang Sandara’s case, it would be a new battle.

 

Not against each other like they were so used to bickering since the very beginning of their chapter.

 

But a battle . . . together.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Her red stilettos were making those tiny clacking sounds that still reverberate through the four-cornered white and clean air-conditioned room. Dara glanced at her silver watch and muttered a curse. She hated waiting. She was wearing a simple black shirt matched with a faded skinny jeans. Her newly pink and blonde colored hair looked so gorgeous tied up in top bun. She got fed up with that shaved hair.

 

“Ms. D-Dara.” A lady named Jisoo rushed in the room with a coffee on her trembling hands. “C-coffee?”

 

Dara raised a brow. “Did I ask for a coffee?” She asked back sarcastically.

 

“A-aniyo.” The poor girl stutt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter