The Tutor

World Of Our Own
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BUSY. Gahhh! I was so busy! Okay. Putting all my stress here. LOL Good thing, it was a holiday! I used it to write an update. Keke Eid Mubarak to all the Muslims! :)

 

I really miss Donghae oppa. Sigh.

 

I saw how my fellow Blackjacks were hurt with everything that’s going with 2NE1, especially Minzy. I love and respect her so much as the maknae but if this is what she wants, so be it. Sugarman has ended? I wish to see more of Dara’s activities in Korea although I’m so excited to watch her here act as a judge in the Philippines too.  Waiting for Echo! I want Bom’s comeback already and goodness, CL’s debut! What in the world. The new YG girl group, BlackPink, looks promising but . . .

 

No girl group I could ever love this much than 2NE1. I love them so much that it breaks me so.

 

Sniff.

 

Okay! I made this a kpop diary once again. Hahahaha! Pasensya. Enough sa drama sa Kpop! Go and read your update! (wink, wink)

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was his 17th time to look back and forth at the number on the door and at the text message in his cellphone. Donghae just couldn’t seem to believe this. Another reason to hesitate bugged his mind and still stood there, finally dialing his bestfriend’s number.

 

After a couple of rings and Eunhyuk answered, “Yoboseyo?”

 

“Hyuk.”

 

“Oh. Donghae. Wae?”

 

His eyes could already be melting the golden sign of the room’s number. “Are you sure about the address?”

 

There was a pause in the line.

 

“Yeah. 36th floor. Number 5018.”

 

Donghae muttered the number lowly as he read it for the nth time. “But WINNER Tower?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

 “In Seoul?”

 

“No. In Ecuador. I accepted a tutoring job for you in Ecuador.” Eunhyuk’s voice sounded ever so sarcastic. “Of course, in Seoul!”

 

Donghae scratched the back of his head. A week had passed since their Christmas break started. It was a Saturday morning and there he was, going to a tutee Eunhyuk said he found one night. All he knew was that he asked the guy to help him find another decent part-time job and there appeared the one day tutoring job. Eunhyuk said that the kid needs help in Math and Science and his family would pay two hundred dollars for one tutoring day.

 

Two hundred freaking dollars.

 

Even though it could be so tempting to just knock and jump on the student to study fractions or Newton’s law or whatsoever . . .

 

WINNER Tower?
 

Isn’t this a place for elites?

 

Why would some rich gradeschooler get a random person to teach him Math and Science?

 

“This doesn’t make any sense.” He blurted out.

 

“What?”

 

Donghae shook his head as this became more and more suspicious to him. “I mean, if I were some Richie Rich-like, I would get the smartest teacher in my school or some college professor in YG University to teach me the subjects I find the hardest. Not some unknown guy and merely a med student like me.”

 

There was this silence on the line.

 

“Right?” Donghae creased his brows even more.

 

“Just knock on the damn door!” Eunhyuk exploded.

 

Line Disconnected.

 

Donghae felt his eardrum just rang with the way the guy screamed on the phone. “What the.” He put his phone back in his pocket again and stared at the door. “Fighting.” He said in a not so energetic way.

 

BUZZ! BUZZ!

 

The door opened revealing a small figure which he didn’t see well for he had his head bowed already to show some manners to his employer. “Annyeonghaesayo! Good morning. My name is-”

 

“God. You’re seven minutes late. I will deduct the lost time from your salary, understand?”

 

He slowly raised his head from bowing down and Donghae could feel someone throwing a book at his face for this strange event a few weeks before the year officially ended. He just stared at her with the confusion plastered all over him.

 

“Yang Sandara?!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dara cleared , obviously avoiding his scrutinizing stare as he followed her from the back. “Can you stop staring at me?” She rolled her tongue from the inside of her cheek for she could still feel his eyes on her. “Stop it!” Dara hastily turned and screamed at his face.

 

Donghae stepped back at the outburst, but still his eyes laid on her. What’s going on here?  He had yet to ask that when the heiress raised a hand on him.

 

“I know what you’re thinking.” She nodded thoughtfully. “But no.”

 

Donghae creased his brows.

 

“I don’t need your help.”

 

Silence.

 

“Oookay.” He nodded too with the complete bafflement still spelled on his face’s expression. “So . . .” Who the hell did Lee Hyukjae talked to?! Is he making a fool out of me?! Donghae adjusted his eyeglasses at the embarrassment building in him. What am I doing in here then? He pointed at the door he just entered. “I guess I’ll be leavin-”

 

“But my brother does.”

 

Another silence ensued.

 

The crease on his forehead grew deeper. “Soohyuk sunbaenim?” But he’s a genius. A graduate of Harvard. Why would he need my help?

 

“Younger brother.” Dara replied dryly as she turned her back on him again and walked to the living room of the condo unit.

 

Donghae followed her and saw how spacious and luxurious at the same time the condo was. With the way the unit was painted in red, gray and black, he wondered if this was a place for girls to live in.

 

“This is Jinwoo’s pad.” Dara said after noticing how Donghae just stood in front of her, looking like he’d get a neck ache or something with the way he kept on looking every corner. “Not mine.”

 

His eyes went back to her.

 

“It’s Jinwoo’s.”

 

Out of nowhere, a guy with pink hair and puppy big eyes just appeared. “Noona! So, where will we be going? This better be good. I ditched like eight plans that my frie-” He stopped as he noticed the presence of a total stranger inside his own condo. “I’m sorry. Who are you?”

 

Donghae could only blink his eyes at him. He looks like a girl. Wait. He must be a girl. But a brother? “Uhmmm.” He breathed out as he took a glance at the classmate of his whom he could describe as . . . temperamental?

 

Well, more like bewildering as well.

 

“He’s Lee Donghae.” Dara casually said, clicking at whatever channel as her eyes were glued on the gigantic television in front of them. “He’ll be . . .” She glanced at Donghae first, looking at him from head to toe. Simple wouldn’t do justice at how dull he looked. He was wearing a faded red shirt with an equally faded black hoodie, jeans and rubber shoes full of thin black threads from stitching. It looked like it had survived mortality, if she would say it out loud.

 

But his dullness is what draws Dara to know him better.

 

To be with him.

 

Just like this one fine Saturday of December.

 

“Your tutor.”

 

The two namjas slowly turned their heads to her.
 

I thought I’ll be tutoring ratios to a ten year old kid? Donghae opened his mouth but stopped when Jinwoo utter a word.

 

“Tutor?” Is she for real? “Me?” It was all for incredulity. “My tutor?”

 

Dara straightened her back at his tone, not looking at Donghae who was looking confused as a turtle too. “Jinwoo.”

 

“I am the Class Valedictorian this coming March.”

 

“Yah.”

 

“I am the president of both Math and Science clubs ever since Gr. 7.”

 

“W-wait.” Dara stood already and went to his side, grabbing an arm but he wouldn’t just get it.

 

“Even the teachers are asking me about the correct answers in our test papers! Why would I neeghflhiadhouafbnlal . . .”

 

Dara just shove a hand on her brother’s mouth and pushed him to the nearest corner, not minding the confounded person behind them. “Shut up or I’ll dye your anime pink hair with a colored poop one.” She threatened and glared at her own brother.

 

Jinwoo couldn’t be bothered with that lame threat as he pushed his sister’s hand away and glared back. “But I never-”

 

“Remember the private jet plane appa gave to me as a gift in 2014?” She smirked evilly.

 

Her brother dropped the glare as his ears perked up. “Go on.”

 

“I’ll finally let you use it to go to Bora-Bora with Seungyoon and the others.” Her smirk just even got more pronounced as Jinwoo’s features smoothened.

 

He straightened his back and just stared at her sister, not even blinking. What in the world? She never even lets me step in it! And to borrow the plane? His eyes turning into slits but then widened it as he took a glance at the stranger, no, his supposed tutor, standing near his couch. Just for this guy to teach me?

 

Dara arrived early in the morning, waking him and urging him to clean his whole self up because she needed to do this sister duties with him. Jinwoo honestly thought that it meant her spending thousands of bucks pampering her little precious brother but no.

 

She got a tutor for him.

 

Which she knew too well that he didn’t need.

 

Like ever.

 

I know my sister too well. Three girl friends she has. Bom noona. Chaerin noona. And Minji noona. She was never close to a guy unless the time she’s dating and kissing him all out. He carefully thought as he glanced at Donghae and gave him an over all look. Sure he’s not the type my noona would date and play with.

 

And that is the thing that thrilled him the most.

 

Who is this Lee Donghae to my sister?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Two hours had passed and Jinwoo and Donghae were still discussing about genetics in his grandiose living room. There were pincher of juice, bowls of chips and club sandwiches in front of them. Dara was simply sitting on the other couch, bobbing her head with her earphones on. Donghae decided to take Science first. True to it, Jinwoo is a damn intelligent kid but talking to Donghae has given him more information which he hasn’t known. Like how enzymes has more difficult functions in the body. This new chemical compound that was just discovered. Alloys. Corrosions. Blah. Blah. Blah.

 

But something totally interesting had caught Jinwoo’s knowledge in those two hours.

 

His sister looked like an idiot.

 

Dara had been bobbing and sometimes swaying her head like she enjoyed whatever music on but his brother knew her.

 

Yang Sandara never bobs her head when listening to music!

 

She said it lots of time before. People who do that looked stupid and annoying. Whenever she has earphones on, she had this keep calm and bored look. But now? She looked like a Kpop fangirl listening to her all time favorite Kpop song. He was damn sure that no music was playing on her cellphone. Plus, she was just sitting there the whole time and she’s not the type who’d waste time sitting on a couch, bobbing her head and chaperoning her younger brother be tutored by this unknown guy. Normally, she would be out with her 2NE1 friends, shopping, partying and drinking on a daylight, dating, and wasting money but again, now?

 

What weirded Jinwoo the most was her glancing discreetly at the guy beside him all the time.

 

She never glances at people.

 

Not even to her own kin.

 

Who is this guy?

 

“Have you reached lesson 46? The basal ganglia that is linked to the thalamus?” Donghae’s voice seemed to break from his jumbled mind.

 

“How close are you to my sister?”

 

Donghae was taken aback at the sudden question while Dara whipped her head at her brother and creased her brows. Jinwoo fought that chuckle back as he confirmed it. Yup. Those earphones were for a display. “You see, she never introduced any male”, emphasizing that word, “friend to the family. I only met one and,” Jinwoo gave him an overall look once again. “I’m talking to him right now.”

 

“Oh.” He was at lost for words for a second, confused with the topic they were on. “Well, we’re . . .” Donghae glanced at the heiress sitting at the other couch on his back and found her bobbing her head faster than he sa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter