Blank Space

World Of Our Own
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

I don’t know why it became really hard for me to give an update every week. :( But hey, I’m trying.

 

Hope you’ll like this one. :)

 

 

 

 

 

Hyuna and Yoochun were helping Professor Leeteuk set up something on the wide screen in the room as the class waited for the discussion to begin.

 

Donghae glanced at Dara, feeling the peculiarity of her writing something on her notebook. The fact that she has a single notebook in her signature bag is very much odd in itself. “What are you writing?”

 

“Some business.” She replied in nonchalance.

 

“What business?”

 

“It’s called ‘not your business.’ She rolled her eyes without even looking at him.

 

Donghae straightened his back and grimaced at the response. He took a book in Pathology and just read a page in it.

 

Yup.

 

Things didn’t change after that kissing on the forehead incident on a Valentine’s Day in AON Sky Tower. They didn’t talk about it just like that accidental kiss last Christmas. It’s not that it isn’t worth talking but . . .

 

Not one of them has the gut to clarify what is it going on between them.

 

Contentment, as they say, is the thing that one should embrace nowadays for everyone to be happy.

 

The question is: How long?

 

Dara finished the last word on her pink notebook. She was actually listing the materials she needed for her painting. Last night, she was about to paint but found she got some colors missing. And Yang Sandara doesn’t do painting when a single thing is missing.

 

Everyone’s heads turned to the front door when it flung open.

 

Park Bom. CL. Gong Minzy.

 

They were standing on the doorway, looking bored as hell at everybody.

 

Donghaeslightly creased his brows at them and then to the heiress beside him. Dara did not even raise her head to them and continued checking something on her notebook. He was about to tell her that her friends were waiting for her when the class and Professor Leeteukbegan scurrying away from their own room. What?

 

Siwon, Yoochun and Heechul looked at each other in hesitation.

 

“It’s okay. You guys can stay, of course.” CL finally broke out a smile as they stepped inside.

 

Bom went to Siwon and sat on his lap as they gave each other a quick kiss on the lips. Donghae looked away in embarrassment. The kiss was pretty normal for a couple but sitting on a guy’s lap in public? He glanced at Dara discreetly. No! You psycho! Don’t even think about it! Your parents did not raise you to become a full pledged ert! He silently shook his head.

 

“Is it me or this is the first time you four are actually seen together in the Med building?” Heechul grinned.

 

Minzy laughed as she pondered on it. “It is the first time.” She replied. “Well, Daraeonni seldom stepped her princess’ glass shoes here in the past,” Paused. “Except now.” She turned to CL with that knowing smile. “She’s never absent.”

 

“I wonder why.” CL mused as she playfully grinned at Dara who stiffened on her seat and finally raised her head only to give the model a deathly glare.

 

“Here.”

 

The guys turned to Bom as she took something out her LV black shoulder bag. Golden Lighters. With a carving of a small flower on the center. She gave each to the four namjas which the three thanked and rejoiced while Donghae scrutinized the small object on his hand.

 

“Is there something wrong, future Dr. Lee?” CL smiled. The girls used to calling him that. Well, they had another nickname for him which they only utter when it’s the four of them. Tamer. Literally, Yang Sandara’s Tamer.

 

“N-nothing.” Donghae bowed and smiled back. “It’s just that,” Paused. Should I say it? “I don’t smoke.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

.           .           .           .           .           .

 

 

 

 

 

 

WonHeeChun, along with the girls, erupted in laughter while Dara just shook her head like it was the most stupid thing to say ever.

 

“I didn’t give that to urge you to smoke. Geez.” Bom gushed in between laughing. “What am I? An idol campaigning for cigarettes?” Minzy and Yoochun made a high five.

 

“M-mianhe.” Donghae quickly apologized.

 

“Although I must say that I find non-smoking guys rare nowadays.” Bom nodded as she wiped the tear formed in her eyes. “You’re really cute.”

 

Donghae scratched the back of his head at the compliment as Dara gave her bestfriend a glare telling, Back-Off-friend, which Bom coolly shrugged.

 

“But I do hope you can tolerate girls who smoke.” CL commented. “Hard.” Her hand reached for Dara’shair which the latter quickly slapped away. She knew what her friend was trying to do and it was truly annoying her!

 

“Huh?” Donghae asked, not getting it.

 

“Just tell him what the damn golden lighter is for!” Dara growled at her girl friends.

 

Aigoo. It’s really fun teasing Dara without getting a comeback. Bom inwardly chuckled as she kissed Siwon on his left ear.

 

“It’s an invitation.” Minzy finally answered.

 

Donghae blinked his eyes at her. “Invitation?”

 

“For my birthday.” Bom smiled at him.

 

“Oh!” Donghae nodded at her. So, guests now get to receive a gift from the celebrant? That confused him for a second.Rich kids and their ways.

 

“At the Spring Queen. Just besideJYP building. It’s our recently opened high-end bar.” Bom flipped her hair to the side. “There are two lighters for you, future Dr. Lee. Bring Eunhyuk. I like that guy. He’s funny.”Bom nodded to Siwon.

 

“Heard it’s J.Y. Park’s gift to you on your birthday,” said Heechul.

 

“Yeah. Dad is just sweet.” Bom nodded. “So, see you guys there at 8?” She stood from Siwon’s lap as the girls took their things too.

 

“Sure.”

 

“Of course, we’ll be there.”

 

Donghaewas still staring at the golden lighter. He was actually looking for some party descriptions hiding in it. But getting convinced that it was just an expensive and exclusive flame device. “Uhm. When?”

 

“Tonight.” Bom smiled again.

 

“Huh?” He was dumbfounded but even more so when his friends stood and took their belongings, ready to go. “Where are you guys going?” Dara already left the room, not waiting for them.

 

“What?” Siwon looked around. “Don’t tell me you wanna clean the place. We have janitors for that, Hae.”

 

Donghae stared at his watch. 10:17 A.M.

 

“It’s a holiday.” CL told him.

 

The namja looked at her in so much confusion. “Declared who?”

 

“I did.” Bom replied as they all laughed their way out, leaving Donghaethere with the Pathology book and lighter on his hands. Rich kids and their ways.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He looked at his watch again. 8:12 P.M.

 

He had been standing outside the club for good twenty minutes. Looking at the guests of the Queen Idol, Park Bom, Donghae felt he attended the wrong party. Everyone was glammed up from head to toe. They were sleek, shining, trendy, emanating with distinct sophistication while he . . .

 

He’s on a blue V-neck shirt and old, gray, faded Converse shoes.

 

Donghae remembered Siwon offering clothes for him to wear which he kindly refused a while ago. It’s a club party. He had been into it once and he was damn sure that everything would be so chaotic and dark later on as the party lights go wild so a plain shirt would suffice. But as he looked at the celebrities and elites around him . . . He should’ve accepted Siwon’s offer.

 

Would anyone even notice me if I won’t attend Bomssi’s party?He thought. ‘Cause sure everyone would notice me if I enter these doors.He took a deep breath, knowing he was getting pale. And that’s not a compliment.

 

Enough with the dilly-dallying, Donghae took a very deep breath as he walked to the huge and brawny guards at the door. “A-annyeonghaesayo.” He bowed to them and smiled but the men didn’t move a bit, blocking his way in. He took a step back and took one good look at their faces and he knew.

 

Even the guards think I don’t belong here.

 

“I-I’m . . . I am . . . uhh . . .” He began to stammer. “My name is Lee Donghae. Park Bomssi, the celebrant, uhm, she. . . uhh. . . invited me to her party. This party.” Donghae pointed inside as the guards didn’t even blink. “I-I also study in YG University. I’m in my s-second year in proper Med. Uhm.” Why on Earth am I telling these to them?! “Maybe you saw my friends?” He tried to smile as things got even more awkward as the guests started to pass by them and giving him an overall look. Yeah. I do look like gatecrashing someone’s party. “Kim Heechul. Park Yoochun. Maybe you met them. I believe they are inside already?” This is not working! “Choi Siwon!” He exclaimed in nothing but hope. “He’s dating Park Bomssi.” Now, I’m gossiping people!MianhaeyoSiwon. “I’m his friend.”

 

The guards just looked at each other as if he was some blue avatar sent on Earth to gatecrash. “Do you or do you not have it?” The guard with a scar on his left cheek asked with a serious tone.

 

“It?” He was taken aback.

 

The guard raised his right hand and fisted it as he pressed his thumb on the side of his index finger three times. Donghae just imitated it which annoyed the other guard even more. “The lighter!” He shouted which startled Donghae. “Because if you don’t have an invitation, I will throw you in the near alley where garb-”

 

The bald guard quickly zipped his mouth close when Donghae raised the golden lighter Bom gave him a while ago.

 

“Good evening sir!” The guards bowed and wore those huge smiles. “Come in and enjoy the party.” They moved to the side as their eyes twinkled ever so brightly at him.

 

“T-thank y-you.” Donghae passed them by and tried to clear his head on how a lighter served as a party pass.

 

He had yet to recover from that when he entered the black door and was welcomed with blaring sound and was blinded with the neon lights raining everywhere. He squinted his eyes, praying hard to find even one soul he was acquainted to. Donghae looked up and saw that even the second floor was flocked with guests, drinking and partying hard. He just kept on walking and excusing himself through the people on the side when a hand made him stopped.

 

“Hi cutie!”

 

Donghae could just blink his eyes at the stranger.A very beautiful stranger.

 

“You got a girlfriend?” She asked ever so sweetly as her eyes smiled. She was really pretty with the plunging violet dress and black heels and . . . very drunk too.

 

“N-no.” Donghae’s  mind seemed to lag with the way she kept on pulling him closer to her. Now, if she got a boyfriend and sees us together, that would be a major problem.

 

“What’s your name?” The lady began swaying from side to side as the beat goes on.

 

“Huh?” Donghae looked around, wary that people might misinterpret things.

 

“Cute!” The girl giggled, proved how many glasses she already took when the night just began. “I’m Tiffany!” Her other hand grabbed him by the collar. “Tiffany Hwang.” And winked flirtatiously she did. “You are?”

 

“I’m L-Lee Donghae.” He bowed shyly. It was a first that a girl approached him. Flirt with him.

 

“Donghae.” Tiffany giggled again. “Can you be my date tonight?”

 

“What?” His eyes widened but before that even sank deeper . . .

 

“ off.”

 

The two turned around and saw Yang Sandara with that mode on look. She was on that killer long sleeved dress and equally killer heels with an even more murderous stare directed at the girl, Tiffany.

 

“Yang Sandarassi!” Tiffany gushes like a fangirl as she waved at her. “It’s my pleasure to meet you again. I’m not sure if you remember me but we went to same middle school in-” BLAH. BLAH. BLAH.

 

Dara didn’t give a of whatever she was blabbering at the moment for her sole focus was on the hand of the holding Donghae’s hand. And that’s making her want to butcher someone on her bestfriend’s party.

 

“Bom and I are actually-”

 

“Do I have to spell it to you?”

 

Tiffany finally stopped talking as she tried to digest that. “Mwo?”

 

“I said, off.” Her voice ready to explode as the music started to play, MTBD.

 

The Hwang princess creased her forehead as she looked at Donghae and then to Dara. Quickly, she pulled her hand and took a step away from him. Wait a minute. Is he?

 

The Yang heiress walked to her as she glowered to the poor, white lamb. “Do you know whose man you’re trying to steal and drool on?”

 

Tiffany gulped as she slowly shook her head.

 

“He is my date.”

 

Donghae snapped his head to her. I’m her . . .?

 

“Right?!” Dara shouted at the namja beside her who almost jumped where he stood.

 

“Huh?” He gawked.

 

Idiot. “You’re my date.” She emphasized that possessive pronoun clearly.

 

In movies that was supposed to be romantic but with the way there was hell burning in her eyes as she glared at him . . . More like frightening. “Y-y-yes. Yes. I’m her d-date. She’s my d-date.” He nodded as he wiped that sweat falling from his chin.

 

Dara turned to her again. “So, off.” She snarled again. “And don’t make me repeat that for the fourth time or I’ll shave your scalp with my morning butter knife.” With that, she grabbed Donghae’s right hand, leaving Tiffany cold and sober.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The two halved the dancefloor as the guests recognized the Yang heiress. Some greeted her presence and there she was, pulling a man behind her with a ferocious frown.

 

“W-wait.” Donghae began to say but she just kept on walking and walking in some direction he was guessing their friends were. “Dara, wait.” He paused on his track.

 

“What?!” Dara turned to him with that glare. “If this is about what I said a while ago to that ugly , I just helped you out. Understand?”

 

“U-understand.” He squinted his eyes for a bit. “Are you mad?”

 

“No!” She replied a little hotly and decided to walk again. If he would follow or not, she didn’t care anymore.

 

“Wait!” Donghae got a hold of her left again, making her faced him again. They stood there at the center while the crowd went wild with some Western song. He just stood there studying her face.

 

“What?” Dara asked in annoyance for she was starting to get that feeling of those maniac blue butterflies in her stomach just by him staring at her. “What?” But he didn’t say a thing and furrowed his brows lightly. “Look somewhere else!” She shouted at him which made Donghae flinched.

 

“Where else should I look?” He asked, squinting his eyes a bit for the neon lights and deafening sound from the speakers were giving him a headache already. Seeing that tick on her face, Donghae really did look to his far left, not knowing what or who it was she wanted for him to look on.

 

Dara moved her head an inch back when he did. He was really looking somewhere else. And as the Yang possessiveness kicked in . . . She held his chin and made him look at her. Only.

 

Even with the bright lights off, Donghae could see the redness in her cheeks. Cute. He always foundher blushing cute, not to mention rare.

 

If he only knew she could only blush if it’s him.

 

Suddenly, dj just played 24K Magic of Bruno Mars.

 

~~~ Let’s set this party on fiiiiiirrrreeee ~~~

 

“What the hell?”Dara took a step back as her eyes widened in horror.

 

Donghae began nodding his head awkwardly and clapping his hands in full awkwardness. All those with eyes closed.

 

“What the are you doing?”

 

~~~ Put your pinky fingers to the moon! ~~~

 

“Dancing.” Donghae opened his eyes and answered confidently.

 

“You call that dancing?” She looked at him dryly. “You look like a grandpa watching her favorite grandchild graduate.”

 

But Donghae was too busy to retort on that.

 

“Enough with that clapping.” Dara pulled his hands away. “You’re embarrassing me. Geez.” She looked around to see if anyone’s watching. Good thing, there weren’t. She sighed when she saw how he looked like a kid being stopped from buying that chocolate ice cream. “Do you really wanna dance?”

 

“Might as well get my first.” He smiled.

 

~~~ What you’re trynado? ~~~

 

“Fine.” She rolled her eyes. “But do not clap.” She pointed at his face.“Coz you’re not in the beat. You really do look like a grandpa watching his favorite grandchild graduate.”

 

“You said that already.”

 

“Coz you really do look like it.” She clicked her tongue but then started to sway her hips. “Just sway your body. Feel the music. Dance with the beat. Mess your hair. Throw your glasses! Jump. Go crazy! Fly if you want! Some like that!”Dara screamed as the music goes on and her dancing with it.Why did I become a dance instructor?

 

~~~ Head to toe soul player ~~~

 

Donghae started to sway side to side which Dara grinned. “Like this?” He asked.

 

“Yeah. You’re getting there.” She laughed when he looked like a robot malfunctioning. “Now, you look like a father watching her favorite child graduate!”

 

They both laughed as they held each other’s hands and just danced in a pace everyone was in.

 

~~~ Second verse for the hustlers, gangsters . . . Bad es and your ugly friends ~~~

 

“First!” Dara sang along to the music, feeling so high. With him. “~~~ Take your ship! Do your dip! Then, spend your money like money ain’t ! ~~~”

 

“Wooo - ooohh!” The crowd surrounded them shouted with that unbeatable energy.

 

Donghae looked at the people who were going crazy with it and then his eyes went back to her. She was having the time of her life dancing, laughing . . . as they held each other’s hands strongly. He slowed down from all the swaying and head spinning turns. He just quietly watched her.

 

“You are so beautiful.”

 

Dara stopped and just stood there, realizing she was captured by that smoldering gaze of his. Again. It was no disco jock or Bruno Mars or some high quality built in speakers that made her heartbeat seemed to run for miles and miles . . .

 

It was the soft melody playing whenever Lee Donghae stares at her like that.

 

He gave her another smile, aware he was blushing too after that blunt but honest confession.

 

“Jump! Jump! Jump!” The DJ shouted at the wild crowd.

 

Donghae laughed and followed the people around him, jumping and pumping the air with a fist while the other one held her hand. He laughed loudly and asked, “How about now?”

 

 

~~~ Put your pinky fingers to the moon! ~~~

 

Dara broke out a wide smile. “You look like the favorite child graduating!”

 

“What’s with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter