Star Crossed

World Of Our Own
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Honestly, I felt bad. I wasn’t able to update on Fishy Prince’s birthday. T_______T Bad Royal. Sniff. Sniff. But then again, it’s better late than never, deh? Kekeke Belated happy birthday Donghae oppa! Kung ako syota mo, araw-araw kong ireregalo sarili ko . . . este! Araw-araw akong magreregalo sayo. Yon. Wahahahahaha!

 

 

 

 

 

 

“If I profane with my unworthiest hand

This holy shrine, the gentle fine is this:”

 

 

 

 

.           .           .           .           .           .

 

 

 

 

 

“My lips, two blushing pilgrims, ready stand

To smooth that rough touch with a tender kiss”

 

 

 

 

 

.           .           .           .           .           .

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Have not saints lips, and holy palmers too?”

 

 

 

 

 

.           .           .           .           .           .

 

 

 

 

 

 

“O, then, dear saint, let lips do what hands do;”

 

 

 

 

 

.           .           .           .           .           .

 

 

 

 

“They pray grant thou, lest faith turn to despair.”

 

 

 

 

 

.           .           .           .           .           .

 

 

 

 

 

“Then move not,

While my prayer’s effect I take”

 

 

 

 

 

Seungri’s mouth twitched for a bit. It sure hurts with the way he had been keeping that supposed charming smile. But what charm does it emit when Juliet had been standing there on the spotlight with a fatal glare written clearly on her face? He pursed his lips forward but not moving an inch. Shouldn’t there be a kissing scene part now? He thought but as he looked at the dark clouds on the Yang heiress’ head that was about to shower its thunderstorm. Nope. Definitely no kissing scene.

 

To a normal audience’s perspective, it was the strangest play ever.

 

But to those who are enrolled in the most prestigious university in Seoul and every Korean who are aware of 2NE1’s existence, it was truly extraordinary.

 

How couldn’t it be?

 

The rest of the players were there on the stage, giving their all while she . . .

 

A good 15 minutes had passed and yet no single word came from her glossy lips. Dara would just look at whoever was talking to her and gave him or her a deadly glare or sometimes a bored shrug. One must commend the degree of professionalism of the artists for they continued the play even though it was . . . truly bizarre.

 

Donghae could be seen giving the heiress an urging nod for her to do her part and most of the time, a ferocious frown whenever she would just roll her eyes at him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Act Two, Scene Four: A Secret Wedding

 

Seungri walked towards Donghae with that wide, happy smile. “Juliet will be here very soon. I’ll be very happy when we’re married.” He flapped his arms to the air and began circling in glee which stunned Donghae.

 

“Listen, Romeo.” Donghae told him. “You only l-loved Rosaline for . . . for a few weeks.” His head spun with the way Seungri kept on spinning too. Donghae shook his head and pulled him to calm. “Remember, if you marry Juliet,”

 

Suddenly, Yang Sandara’s face flashed in his mind. That frowning face. Her 24/7 arrogance.  

 

“You must love her,”

 

His voice faint as he got lost with the mere thought of having someone . . .

 

No.

 

Of her being with someone.

 

“And stay with her,” Donghae looked at Seungri’s grinning face and then, looked away. “For the rest of your life.”

 

“Yes Father, I understand. I’ll always love her.” Seungri nodded his head too energetically.

 

Donghae just held to the Bible on his hand and smiled shortly. What on earth is wrong with me? He wanted to scold himself in front of the hundreds of audience watching them. So what if she will . . . He bit the inside of his lower lip as he stood there with Seungri. Clear your head, Lee Donghae! You’re on a play!

 

“The Nurse told me to meet you here.”

 

Donghae blinked his eyes at the person who just appeared to his front. And a smile naturally came to his lips, erasing all those troubling thoughts he had a while ago.

 

“She said that Father Lawrence would marry us.” Dara said as she smiled back at Donghae.

 

Donghae grinned widely as if they could read each other’s mind. At least, you delivered some adequate lines of Juliet Capulet.

 

Dara smirked at him. Damn right. I did.

 

Seungri even felt more awkward standing between those two smiling people. He could just look at Donghae and Dara back and forth in confusion. What’s going on? He wanted to ask them but then kept quiet for he still values his life.

 

“And I will.” Donghae nodded to her. “Come with me.”

 

Donghae began walking to the right with Dara following him to the side when Seungri called, “Juliet!”

 

The poor Montague thought all lights flickered on the ceiling just like that on the horror movie, Lights Out, when Dara turned to him with that murderous stare telling him to stay away from her.

 

The curtains slowly closed, signaling for the next scene with Seungri still standing on the center. Am I the main character here or what?

 

 

 

 

 

 

Act Three, Scene Two: Another Message

 

Dara was sitting on the bed, looking so bored as hell. Now, what?

 

Out of nowhere, Jihyun rushed to the stage, crying so hard. “Juliet, my dear, something terrible has happened.” She knelt down in front of Dara. “He’s dead. He’s dead.”

 

Dara looked around and then asked calmly, “Who? ty Romeo?”

 

Jihyun gawked at her. “N-no. T-Tybalt is dead.”

 

“Who?”

 

“Tybalt.”

 

“Who the hell is that?”

 

“Y-your cousin, Juliet.” Jihyun almost whispered to her.

 

Dara just nodded. “Does he matter in this play?”

 

Jihyun raised her head in surprise. “Uhm. D-deh.”

 

“If he does, then he shouldn’t have died. Are you stupid or what?”

 

Jihyun looked from left to right. The drive to shed tears now gone as she tried to fix the screw that was being pulled from her brain. “T-There was a fight, and Romeo killed him.”

 

“He’s still alive?”

 

Jihyun was taken aback. “Who?”

 

“That douchebag Romeo.” Dara’s voice pissed.

 

“Tybalt killed Romeo’s friend, Mercutio, and Romeo was very angry. The two of them started fighting, and Romeo killed Tybalt.”

 

Dara looked at her wryly. “Are you a nanny or a teacher? You keep on explaining too much. I just asked one question. What’s wrong with you?”

 

“Uhm.”

 

“So, Romeo’s alive?”

 

“Y-yes.”

 

“When is he gonna die?” Dara asked in exasperation. She felt like years gone to waste every minute she stays there as Juliet. “Get out of here.” She glowered at Jihyun as the latter hesitatingly obeyed and left, leaving Dara there on the bed with a near Hulk transformation.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Act Three, Scene Three: Bad News for Romeo

 

Seungri could be seen making long strides from left to right at the centerstage, looking oh so troubled. Donghae entered the stage.

 

“What did Prince Escalus say? Am I going to die?” Seungri almost screamed at his face.

 

Donghae patted him on his shoulders. “N-no.” He was a bit bothered with the thick eyeliner on Seungri’s face now smeared all over his face. “K-killing Tybalt was wrong. But the Prince is not going to execute you. He said that you must leave Verona immediately, and never come back.”

 

“This is terrible!” Seungri dramatically fell on the floor as he tried hard to cry but no tear would come out his eyes. “Leaving Juliet is worse than dying. Huhuhuhuhuhu!”

 

Donghae was dumbfounded. What does huhuhuhuhuhuhu mean? “J-just l-listen, Romeo.” He crouched down. “You are lucky! The Prince has been kind to you.”

 

“But I want to die!” Seungri raised his arms to the ceiling. “I can’t live without Juliet!” He shook the hell out of Donghae.

 

“Geez. Let him die.”

 

Donghae had yet to speak when a voice spoke behind the curtains. He knew who owned that voice as they both knelt there, not knowing how to proceed when the audience heard Dara’s voice loud and clear. Donghae smiled awkwardly at Seungri. “H-hide, Romeo!” Better ignore it then. “If anyone finds you here, there will be trouble!”

 

“It doesn’t matter. I want to die.” Seungri buried his face on his palms.

 

Donghae glanced at the audience when he heard Siwon and Yoochun made that fangirl sound. What the? But then he got what it was for. He looked to the side and saw Nam Jihyun now standing beside him. He stood up immediately and bowed to her. “I’m happy to see you, Nurse. Have you been with Juliet?”

 

Dara peeked through the huge and heavy maroon curtains. That still here? Her brows met to the middle. But what shocked the heiress was when Jihyun took Donghae’s right hand and held it so tight. Whaaaaat??? She grabbed the script on Taeyeon’s hand who just happened to pass by her and was surprised with what she did. “That’s not on the script!” She growled at Taeyeon who swore her heart just fell on the ground. Dara turned back to the stage, now with that fiery stare.

 

“Yes. I saw her a few minutes ago, crying and shaking, just like Romeo here.” Jihyun said effectively with that teary-eyed face. She let go of Donghae’s hand as they continued performing the scene.

 

The curtains closed again and the crew hurriedly set up for the next scene. Jihyun was smiling as the others patted her head for a job well done on that scene when a steamed up face of Yang Sandara made her stopped on her tracks. “Y-Yang Sandara sunbaenim! Hello-”

 

But that smile got wiped of her pink lips when Dara spoke ever so lowly.

 

“I know where you live.”

 

It was as if a thousand ghosts were connected to Dara’s back as she passed by Jihyun that made all her hair stood. What did I do? Her knees were about to melt as she gulped so hard.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Act Three, Scene Five: Trouble for Juliet

 

Seungri took a step forward towards his princess. “I’m sorry, my love, but I have to go. Look outside. It’s nearly morning.”

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter