Question and Answer

World Of Our Own
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Thank you to tatashi, catwilled and ma_cathe for upvoting!!! Kitakits sa Youtube! Hahahaha!

 

 

 

 

 

She took a long sip from that take out Strawberry milkshake she ordered a fellow student a while ago to buy for her. That means, threatening his name to be on the Wall of Doom if he won’t come back in two minutes. She was sitting too comfortably on the long, white couch outside the veranda as her eyes were glued to the largest tree near the lagoon where they sometimes hang out after classes. Another smile formed on her fiery red lips.

 

I kissed him.

 

He kissed me back.

 

Dara closed her eyes, trying to hide the giddiness that was making her grin so big. She took another sip, tongue biting the orange colored straw. The whirlwind of feels was just way up there that she could be the one-day Santa Claus to all the students in YG University.

 

She couldn’t remember her first kiss.

 

Who was it?

 

Where it happened?

 

Why it happened?

 

Did she like the random guy?

 

Did she even like the kiss?

 

But with Donghae.

 

With Lee Donghae’s sweet and innocent lips.

 

Dara tried to hide her blushing face with the shake she was holding as she was about to lose her sanity with this daydream she was having.

 

“What the hell are you smiling about?”

 

The voice didn’t even cut through her sweet daze as Dara just raised her head and shook her head. “Nothing.” And raised her drink. “Strawberry milkshake is just yummy.”

 

“Strawberry milkshake is just yummy?” Bom raised her left brow at the confusion her reply gave.

 

“Yep.” Dara chuckled and gave an overlook to her friend. “Why are you here? I thought you have a concert rehearsal?”

 

Bom slumped on the scarlet chair across Dara. “Urgh. I cancelled it.”

 

“Wae?”

 

“I’ll have to record another song this afternoon.”

 

Dara just nodded, not understanding or giving a care to the stress which entertainment industry gives to her bestfriend.

 

“Have you heard the news?”

 

“What news?”

 

Bom reached for the newspaper under the glass table between them and threw it lightly on the table. Dara creased her forehead as she read the headline.

 

Youngest National Artist, Choi TOP Secretly Weds to Shin Min Ah

 

She straightened her back, not reading the whole article but just staring at the picture of TOP and Min Ah in wedding suit and gown, looking at each other lovingly.

 

“That maybe is the reason why.” Bom shrugged.

 

Dara creased her brows. “Reason of what?”

 

“Im Yoona is back here in Seoul.” Bom said in nonchalance. Her hands flipping the glossy pages of Vogue. “Here in YG University.”

 

Two sentences and the pleasure the Strawberry milkshake gave her instantly disappeared as another flavor just submerged inside her.

 

 Yoona is back? Her gaze went back to the lagoon but the image she had a while ago couldn’t register.

 

And she knows the exact reason why.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Donghae was busy reading a paragraph on the medicine journal in his hands.

 

Not.

 

It was true that he had been holding it for quite minutes now since Professor Gummy dismissed them earlier, but no information could enter his mind except one.

 

TOP is married to a woman named Shin Min Ah.

 

Yoona’s greatest love is married.

 

And it’s not to her.

 

“What happened?” He whispered quietly.

 

“Blood clot. It’s right there. Didn’t you understand?”

 

Donghae got out in his trance, and looked to the one who spoke, Yoochun. His friend was pointing on the third paragraph of the article he had been staring on. He shifted from his seat and adjusted his eyeglasses.

 

“What’s wrong?” Heechul asked seriously. “Problem?”

 

“Nothing.” His voice not that convincing. “Nothing, really. Nothing serious.”

 

“You sure, Hae?” Siwon put a hand on the latter’s shoulder. “You’ve been really quiet since you got in this morning. Something happened?”

 

“Nothing.” He smiled. “Have you-” He couldn’t decide whether it was right to gossip or not. Well, this is not gossiping. “Have you heard the news?”

 

“What news?” Yoochun and Siwon asked in unison.

 

“I’ve seen the news itself.” The three turned their heads to the bored Kim Heechul. “I saw Yoona this morning.”

 

Donghae just looked at his friend, expecting for more while the other two just nodded, meaning they were fully aware of it. The news of Im Yoona enrolling again in YG University was making quite a noise. Plus, media was going crazy about TOP’s secret wedding in Paris.

 

“Do you know her?” Donghae decided to ask. Eunhyuk was back in Mokpo for a week and without him, he wouldn’t have any clue what was going on around him. So, WonHeeChun was a good source of information too.

 

“Who’s her? Yoona?” Siwon creased his furry eyebrows, wondering if Donghae got an amnesia.

 

“No.”

 

“Idiot!” snarled Heechul to Siwon. “He’s asking about Shin Min Ah.”

 

“Oh.” Yoochun nodded in understanding. “TOP’s wife?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“She’s the heiress of the Shin Empire. They are into condominiums and malls. She went here in YG but only for a semester.” Yoochun told him. “She transferred to Stanford with her sister to finish her Business Ad course. I heard she’s the acting CEO ever since Mr. Shin, her father, was diagnosed with Liver cancer last year. Nowadays, Shin Empire could be the runner-up to the Yang Industry if I get my facts right.”

 

Donghae just listened to him and tried to process all those and try to come up with the answer.

 

“I heard she stayed in India for a year. Maybe that was when the two met and hooked up,” supplied Siwon. “Although I didn’t know if she was in Santorini with him.”

 

“The marriage was really a bomb.” Heechul commented. “Don’t you guys think? I mean, we didn’t even know they were close. Plus, Yoona . . .” His words gradually receded as he stared at Donghae as if studying the inside of his mind. “Have you seen her, Donghae?”

 

“Yes,” answered him. “Just this morning.”

 

“And what did she say?” Siwon leaned. “Is she okay? Did they break up? Did TOP cheat or what?”

 

“Slow down, gossip boy.” Heechul raised a hand to his face.

 

“Nothing,” said Donghae.

 

“Nothing?”

 

“She just said ‘hi’ and told me she enrolled again here and then left because Seohyun came and they had too see the dean of Liberal Arts to sign some of her papers.”

 

The four fell into silence.

 

“That’s weird.” Siwon broke it. “What do you think happened in Greece?”

 

“You look bothered, Hae.” Heechul checked his nails before looking at Donghae in all seriousness. “Why?”

 

That question confused Donghae even more. “Why? She’s our friend, right?” He creased his forehead.

 

“Solma? Just a friend?”

 

Donghae wasn’t able to give a reply on that and bit back the next words. Why? He didn’t know either. He glanced to the vacant seat beside him. She’s absent again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was lunchtime and Donghae was on his way to the YG cafeteria. His friends had their stuff to attend to that made him go solo walking at the hallway. His eyes took a longer glimpse to the VIP building in the campus, the one near the lake. The top of it which is the Blackjack suite. Is she there? It somehow bothered him that she missed her class. Again. Oh, who was he kidding? Yang Sandara always ditched her Med classes. It lessened but she still does it.

 

Or maybe he just misses her.

 

The flashback of her lips crashing against his just entered his head again.

 

Donghae quickly bowed his head in an attempt to hide his now, flushed face. Why is it suddenly hot in here? He adjusted the collar of his uniform when another thought hit him. Was she offended of the kiss that’s why she’s absent and she doesn’t want to see me? He raised his head up and looked at the BJ suite again with his brows crossed. Wait a second. “But she’s the first one who pulled me for a kiss.” He muttered under his breath. “Ah!”

 

“Oh!”

 

Donghae just bumped to someone that made the person’s stuff fell on the tiled floor.

 

“I’m sorry!” Donghae quickly bowed and bent down to get the person’s belongings. Paintbrushes and some drawing papers. He fixed everything to his left hand while that one paper remained on his right. Amidst the other sketches on the papers, one particular sketch caught his eyes.

 

Choi TOP.

 

It was only his side profile but despite that, his smile . . . He was smiling so wide that media or fashion photographers couldn’t get that kind. TOP looked so happy and . . . contented.

 

“Seriously, you should look where you’re going, Hae.” The soft voice broke.

 

Yoona.

 

She was smiling at him that all Donghae could do was stare back. “M-mianhaeyo.” He bowed again and returned her stuff.

 

“Thanks.” Yoona replied but her smile faltered when she noticed the sketch he was still holding.

 

For the first time, Donghae saw something in the only angel he knew in that big city.

 

Sorrow.

 

Her empty eyes whispered how deeper the pain she had this moment than that time when she learned TOP was about to leave for Santorini.

 

“Yoona.” Donghae whispered her name carefully, not wanting to shatter whatever it was that was currently going in her mind. The angel didn’t reply so he repeated, “Yoona.”

 

She was pulled out of trance as she looked at his worried pair of eyes. “S-sorry, Hae.” A weak smile she gave before taking the sketch from his hand, folded it and put it inside her pink bag.

 

A round of silence followed as the two stood across each other, letting other students passed by and whispered not so important matters.

 

“Yoona.” Donghae started to say. “Are you okay?” Idiot. She’s not.

 

She smiled again but it just won’t reach her eyes. “Yeah.” She fixed the strap of her shoulder bag. “Are you going to the cafeteria?”

 

“Y-yes. You?”

 

“Aniyo.” She smiled a bit wider this time. “It’s on my way though. I’ll be going to the AKMU building. Gonna meet Taeyeon and Seohyun.” She said. “Let’s go?”

 

“Sure.” Donghae nodded and smiled.

 

The walk to the cafeteria wasn’t as uneasy as a while ago. It was like the Yoona he first met. She was laughing softly and talking animatedly as if there was no burden her heart was currently carrying. Or maybe she was good at hiding it. “I saw the video!” Her voice was now getting louder. “You guys are insane!”

 

Donghae was laughing too. “She was insane.” He corrected. They were talking about the Romeo and Juliet play last February.

 

“I say Yang Sandara ssi is the bomb. She outdid Shakespeare in just a matter of minutes.” Yoona wiped the tear formed in her eyes with a hanky.

 

“She did.” Now remembering the play, Donghae wouldn’t do it again. It was like having a recitation on a lesson you never studied.

 

“I met Lee Seungri just this morning.”

 

“Oh! Him!” Donghae pointed to no one.

 

“He’s daebak!” The two said in chorus and their laughter filled the corridor as they gave each other a high-five.

 

Donghae was too busy on making the angel laugh that he didn’t notice the slash it gave to Dara’s heart.

 

She remained standing near the small fountain, letting them passed by her sight. Dara was about to go and attend her classes in the afternoon but seeing how her mood changed.

 

How genuine Yoona’s laugh.

 

How Donghae looked at Yoona as if her happiness was the only thing that matters.

 

Yeah. I could go absent all day. And she retreated back with a heavy heart.

 

 

 

 

 

 

There’s nothing wrong with this. I’ll just say ‘hi’ and tell her what she missed in our subjects today. Donghae nodded to himself as he reached for the doorbell in the Blackjack suite. Like she cares about the missed lessons. He closed his fist and turned around.

 

Well, I could ask where Siwon is. He never returned this afternoon and Heechul wants to go to his club later. He quickly faced the door again and was ready to ring it. That’s why cellphones are invented, stupid! The girls are not some kind of Dora The Explorer’s map you can rely on! He made a face and turned back again.

 

Well, I could just . . . I could just . . . He knocked his mind for any acceptable reason why he was there but it couldn’t supply anymore. I could just . . . Donghae looked down his chest knowing there was still one who knew the exact words to say. His heart.

 

I could just admit that I miss her.

 

CLICKED!

 

The door opened and he was forced to move aside with the number of table carts going out the BJ suite. The song, FXXK IT, was playing so loud in the room, along with the sound of the girls laughing.

 

Donghae tried to peak in but it closed already. He approached one of the guys who was pushing the cart to the elevator. “Uhm. Sir, what’s going in there?”

 

“Party.”

 

He nodded and said thanks. So, that’s why she’s absent. He looked back to the door and started heading to the staircase for there was no way he would barge in someone’s party uninvited.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter