Stupid Cupid

World Of Our Own
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was so out of Kpop and OTP news these past days. June has officially started. Goodbye summer. Sniff. Sniff. Goodbye sweet vacation. Wails hard. Uwaaaaaaaaa!!!

 

T________T

 

For another ten months, I’m gonna be so damn busy once again. Sigh. Saying my apologies now to the readers of World Of Our Own. Sure I’m not the type who abandons a story but I cannot promise for a weekly update. Expect for a longer time of getting an update from me. Mian. Let’s be patient with each other. Hahaha! I’m trying to update whenever I can but not just promising it, okay? :)

 

To kathyrica17 and Jidara01. Thank you for upvoting chingus! Throwing you guys a bear hug! :))))

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Thursday of December 15, 2016

 

The most awaited night has finally come.

 

The Yule Night.

 

Dashing men in suits and gorgeous women in gowns began to fill the biggest hall in one of Yang Hyun Suk’s hotel, Seoulite. White Christmas. That was the year’s motif. The colors of Sapphire blue, gold and silver had been dominating the place, from the tablecloths and curtains to the illuminating lights around. YG students settled down on their seats while some took the time to flaunt their attires to everyone. Making a statement of who did who and how much is what. An orchestra of violins, cellos and harps kept playing songs of Christmas, welcoming the savior’s birth that was approaching.

 

Everyone seemed to be restraining themselves from the idea of having a blast in the party later that night. All those dancing, alcohol and flirtings. too.

 

“What in the world is going in here?” Heechul scowled so deep that contrasted his debonair look with those wavy feminine locks he got.

 

“What?” He asked a little innocently.

 

Almost everyone was so hyped on this night except him. He was sitting at the very back of the hall, near those staff working on the sound system. No one didn’t dare sit on the table he was in so, his view definitely screamed for a ty place for the wallflowers that seemed to wilt in every second that passed.

 

Heechul sat beside him, maintaining that incredulous look at the namja then to the table. “You’re drinking?” Referring to the four emptied glasses in front of them.

 

“Of lemonade? Yeah.” Donghae took a sip on his fifth drink and nodded in satisfaction. “This is the best lemonade I’ve tasted, Heechul. You should try it. There’s the waiter.” He pointed to the waiter serving the juice around.

 

“Why are you drinking lemonade?!”

 

Donghae creased his forehead. “What’s wrong with drinking lemonade?”

 

“You shouldn’t drink a lemonade in a party.” Heechul said firmly.

 

“Why not?”

 

“Nobody touches the lemonade.”

 

“What?”

 

“That’s for losers!”

 

“What?” Donghae lost the sense in everything. The conversation was beyond absurd. They were arguing about lemonade in a ball!

 

“Who the hell are you?”

 

Donghae and Heechul whipped their heads to the left and saw Yoochun in his sophisticated white tuxedo with his equally stunning partner in light pink tube gown, Seohyun, on his left side. Donghae was about to greet them but that frown on Yoochun’s brows told him to shut up. More so, when he repeated the question that seemed to be directing to him. “Who are you?”

 

Donghae looked from left to right. “Me?”

 

No answer.

 

“Your friend, Donghae.” He replied annoyingly.

 

“Dude! You look like a waiter!” Yoochun exclaimed in disgust. He bowed to Seohyun because of the outburst as the two sat with them. “What the hell are you wearing?”

 

Donghae looked down to himself and opened his mouth to speak.

 

“Only plain white long sleeves?” But Yoochun beat him to it. Seohyun just bowed his head, feeling embarrassed just by looking at the friend of her date. “You’re a walking hanger!” He hissed to the namja.

 

Donghae adjusted his sleeves and looked at Heechul for some help but the guy was returning it with a puzzled look too. He looked again to Yoochun and bowed to Seohyun. “I borrowed it from Eunhyuk’s father.” He admitted.

 

“He’s twice your size! More than half of your life of knowing Eunhyuk and you never noticed that?!” Heechul motioned for a wine glass to the waiter who looked at their direction. “We asked you a thousand times if everything is settled on your getup and a thousand and one times you replied okay,” hissed Heechul.

 

Kim Heechul. Sometimes he’s a brother; most of the time, he is his mom. The scholar could tell a very good reason why he chose to just borrow a long sleeves from his bestfriend’s father but he knew too well that these two could throw a hundred reasons why he shouldn’t so, Donghae could only smile thinly at them. Yeah. I look like a walking hanger.

 

“And what’s with the ribbon?” Yoochun asked, looking like he was near into strangling his friend.

 

Donghae straightened his back and adjusted his black ribbon proudly. “This is the trend nowadays.” He defended it and even looked around, pointing to his schoolmates who were wearing their dear ribbons. He actually bought it on his way to the party.

 

“With red Polka dots?”

 

The three slowly turned their heads to Seohyun who was also staring at his red and black polka dots ribbon in nothing but puzzlement. She didn’t know if she was this late to fashion trends or that Yoochun’s friend was an all around fashion terrorist.

 

Donghae bowed his head in humiliation, promising himself not to attend any of these socialites’ party in the near future. Yoochun awkwardly smiled at Seohyun as he grabbed Donghae’s collar and quickly rid that eyesore ribbon of his and threw under the table.

 

Somebody began speaking on the microphone, urging the guests to enter the hall and settle on their seats.

 

“Where’s Professor Gummy?” Yoochun asked Heechul.

 

“Table of her co-teachers. 10 p.m. comes and she’ll be mine.” He smirked dangerously as he half-emptied his red wine.

 

Donghae frowned for a bit. “Is that okay?” Isn’t that  . . . wrong? Unethical?

 

Yoochun and Seohyun laughed at him as if he asked something that was funnier that his polka dots ribbon. Heechul guffawed and tapped his shoulder. “She’s 31 and I’m already 25. Hae. She’s only my teacher inside the campus. Once she steps out of it, she can be my sweet Gummy bear.” Heechul winked at him.

 

“Gummy bear?!”Good thing, the music was louder than Donghae’s shout of incredulity.

 

“Where’s Siwon?” Yoochun asked again.

 

Heechul shrugged. “I don’t know. Maybe still watering Hyuna’s flower.” Yoochun and him high fived each other enthusiastically while Seohyun blushed on the side but laughed with the boys too.

 

Donghae clapped his hands at what he said. Why would he water Hyuna’s flower at this time of the party? Donghae thought quietly but then creased his brows. Wait. Hyuna has a flower? What for?

 

“Oh my god. He’s here!”

 

“Don’t they look perfect?”

 

“TOP is the hottest man alive.”

 

“Im Yoona has that goddess aura like 2NE1. Don’t you agree?”

 

“I heard TOP is her childhood sweetheart.”

 

“Elites to elites. Damn!”

 

Donghae whipped his head to the entrance door and there he saw an angel. Walking ever so gracefully in a gown that bares her a few inches of her milky skin. 

 

(A/N: Please be reminded that I'm never good and patient on describing a person's outfit and stuff. Got these on Google. Just imagine the girls on these, ara? Don't mind the faces in the pictures. Kekeke)

 

 

Her hair was tied neatly as she smiled at those who greeted her presence. She was simple yet beyond beautiful. He smiled to himself as he watched another guy guided her to seat and they exchanged smiles that were sweeter than the desserts that night.

 

Too bad somebody owned that angel.

 

Too bad he couldn’t even think he might ever have the chance to claim her.

 

“Hey guys!”

 

His thoughts were cut even before he could start moping around. Siwon arrived, wiping the sweat on his face but still looking like the prince he was.

 

“What did I miss?” He grinned and took a red wine from the table.

 

“Where’s your partner?” Yoochun asked.

 

“Somewhere over the rainbow.” He just shrugged but not without exchanging meaningful looks with Yoochun and Heechul. Nevermind Donghae, he would never get it.

 

“Must be a 14 colored rays of rainbow with the way you’re sweating it out.” Heechul teased and they laughed again.

 

“Aniyo.” Siwon waved his hand as he bowed to Seohyun’s direction. “There are lots of people on the lobby. Media is going crazy flashing those cameras nonstop.”

 

“Wae?”

 

“The queens have arrived.”

 

Queens? Donghae thought.

 

“The queens!”

 

“As expected, they’ll slay everyone tonight.”

 

“Bom isn’t called the most sought after celebrity for nothing.”

 

The red haired lady on her stylish black gown walked in front with her , the only heir of the Lotte Enterprise. She waved to everybody, smiled to everyone. There were even some who began taking pictures of her. She’s the Queen Idol after all.

 

 

“Awww. KaiZy is so cute.”

 

“How long are they together? Three? Four?”

 

“The Student Council’s president knows how to keep her prince.”

 

Minzy just bowed slightly to those who dared greet her. Holding each other hands tightly, the two graced the hall, making those singles completely jealous to death.

 

 

“CL is the real killer here.”

 

“! Is that Theo James?! Like seriously?!”

 

“She’s dating him? Wow.”

 

Everyone was put into silence as CL flaunted her Hollywood guy. People couldn’t decide where to look though. To the Divergent leading character or to her glistening cleavage and back.

 

 

 

The three pairs sat on the center table only reserved to them. The emcees resumed on whatever was on their written script but their audience seemed to be still caught on the presence of the queens of the school. Envy and admiration were clearly visible on each faces but one thing was pretty obvious too with the way the two chairs on their private table were vacated.

 

Where’s Dara?
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

When you’re done with the food, what was next?

 

No chill.

 

Dancefloor.

 

It was only past 10 in the evening but the crowd was getting wilder and wilder on the center. Parties like these are the only times they got to be near the queens of YG. Minzy was totally leading the crowd with the moves while CL and Bom were flirting it out with their respective dates.

 

Everyone was having fun except him, who was not once left his chair. His friends already left him there and danced with their muses. They urged him to ask anyone around but he simply retorted, “That’s harder than solving a chemical malfunction.” He received loud Boos at that. Donghae kept on tapping his sixth lemonade glass as he tried so hard not to glance at her direction.

 

Yoona.

 

TOP and her are inseparable. They’re perfect for each other. Fact. He would just give her a simple smile and she would return it with a smile that Donghae knew was just for TOP. A smile only for Im Yoona’s greatest love.

 

He sighed for the nth time that night. I should’ve made an excuse letter saying that I broke my leg or something to Professor PSY. He thought. Donghae shook his head momentarily when the overly hyped dancing crowd groaned louder than the rhythm in disapproval.

 

It was time for sweet and slow dance.

 

It was time for those who don’t have partners to sit on their pathetic places too for nobody would dance on them.

 

Donghae saw Minzy and Kai taking a break first but CL had her arms wrapped around her gorgeous date. Heechul had Professor Gummy. Yoochun had Seohyun. Siwon had . . . Who is that? That’s not Hyuna. Donghae narrowed his eyes to get a clearer view. Park Bom?! He was surprised at the scene and he was sure many were too. He never saw the playboy, Choi Siwon looked so lovestrucked with the way he melted the idol in his arms. He w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter