The Break

Push and Pull

a/n: Hey there,

Sorry that it took me so long to update, but I wasn't really in the right mindset to write the last few days. I'm sure you can imagine why. I'm still not really in the mood, but at least it distracts me. The last few days were rough and I still don't really know how to cope. My condolences go out to all of his family and friends and everyone else that's mourning for him. You're not alone.

Also the story is kind of not going where I originally intended it to, but I'm just gonna go with it. I hope you still like it :) Comment and Subscribe!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hoseok's POV

The next few days Taehyung seemed to be just as upset. He looked stressed and didn't seem to get much sleep. I wanted to talk to him, to ask him what's wrong or just say anything, but I didn't know how or what. I didn't know where to start. Every time I actually mustered up the courage to do it the words just kinda got caught in my throat and nothing came out. It was bugging me.

Then one day he didn't show up to school at all which was a rather unusual thing for him to do. He was almost never missing in school. I felt the urge to find out what's going on, but I didn't exactly have a way to contact him, because I neither had his number nor did I know where exactly he was living and I didn't want to pathetically ask around for his number or something. So I was powerless. Until the following day.

We were having one of our main classes during the first periods of the morning and when I entered the classroom already expecting to find an empty table, I saw that Taehyung was already sitting on his chair. A wave of relief and a strange excitement rolled through me as I approached our shared table. When I arrived I put down my bag and sat down facing Taehyung who was looking down.

Good Morning.” I cheerfully said as usual. The only answer that came from Taehyung was a very silent mumbled word that was only vaguely recognizable as 'Morning'. I looked around the bangs that were falling into his face and I immediately knew something was up. His eyes were a little red and he looked quite exhausted.

Are you okay?” I whispered. He didn't look at me. He just shook his head. I opened my mouth to say something again, but he suddenly stood up and dashed out of the room. I didn't really think much about my reaction, I just got up and went after him. When I exited the classroom I saw him hurry out the door to the schoolyard. I followed him outside and saw that he had stopped around the corner. The cold air of the morning immediately made me feel a little chilly. Taehyung must've been cold, too. I approached him slowly trying not to startle him. When he noticed me he shocked a little and looked very surprised. Before he turned away from me I saw his face grimace as he broke into tears. I got closer and walked around him so that we were standing face to face again. Taehyung was clasping his hand over his mouth as he was silently crying. The sight was heartbreaking.

Taehyung?” I carefully said. He let out a quavery sob and turned around again.

Leave me alone.” he said, but it lacked any force or spite. I walked in front of him again.

What do you want? Do you wanna laugh at me or annoy me? I don't need it! Go away!” he said after pulling away his hand from his face and I could see then how much despair was lying in his expression.

Taehyung, you're worrying me! What happened? What's wrong?” I tried again. He just kept crying, but didn't turn away anymore. I took a hesitant step closer. Taehyung looked around unsettled as if he was having an argument with himself before he finally said something.

He broke up with me.”

It took me a moment to process before I understood the situation.

What? Why? When?” I automatically asked. He sobbed again before taking a shaky breath. He looked so broken. It felt horrible to see him like that.

Yesterday. He's been a little weird the days before and didn't contact me as much. And then he told me that he'd gotten to know someone and that he couldn't do this anymore.” Taehyung managed to get out. He then covered his tear-stained eyes as he tried to calm himself down.

 

Taehyung's POV

I covered my eyes and took a few deep breaths to try to calm myself. I was half expecting Hoseok to make a nasty comment or start laughing, but he didn't. I suddenly felt two hands touch my arms carefully and try to pull them down. I let him and doubtfully looked up at him. There was no mock to be seen on his face. It confused me so much. Just a few weeks ago he would've made fun of me or laughed at me, but the person standing in front of me looked at me as if they'd never do that. It was as if he was a different Hoseok than the one I had gotten to know so far. His hands were still holding my arms between our bodies.

Would it help or rather make things worse if I said that he's not worth it then?!” Hoseok said and I let out a short breathy laugh. He then let go of my arms and I let them fall to my sides, but one of his hands wandered up my arm and I inwardly startled when I felt him softly wipe away the trace of a tear. In contrast to the cold air outside, his hand was pleasantly warm, but I couldn't quite grasp the situation. He then took my face into his hands and looked into my eyes with an expression I couldn't quite read. I felt my heart skip a beat.

Seriously though, he's not worth it if he hurts you like this.” Hoseok said as one of his thumbs caressed my cheek. It felt so surreal. What the hell was happening? I didn't know what to say or do. I saw something flicker in his eyes, but I couldn't tell what.

Do you want to go back in or do you need a couple more minutes?” He then asked and when I felt that he was about to remove his hands I instinctively clasped my hand over one of his. He looked at me just as surprised as I felt about my own action. The hand that he had already dropped found it's way back to my face as Hoseok stepped even closer. His fingers followed the traces of my shed tears and when I felt his thumb softly touch my lips, I stopped breathing for a moment. Hoseok seemed to snap out of it, too, because suddenly all contact was gone. He had let go of me and stepped back. He was looking quite shocked. Whether it was because of the situation or himself, I couldn't tell.

Are you okay to go back in?” he asked, but didn't really look at me. I wiped my face again and then nodded. We walked back inside and shivered a little because in contrast to outside it was fuzzily warm in the building. The door of our classroom was already closed so the lesson had probably already begun. I knew all eyes would be on us when we go back in and I hated it. I didn't even want to think about how miserable I must've been looking after crying, but I had no choice. I just hoped school would distract me a little.

 

 

Jungkook's POV

I entered the schoolyard and put on my sunglasses. It was a sunny day and pleasantly warm. I saw Jimin standing around with a bunch of our friends and walked over to them.

Hey Jungkook, we wanna go down to the sports field and sit down on the lawn, are you coming with us?” one of them said when I arrived. I shrugged and said: “Sure.” and then we started walking across the yard. Jimin came to walk next to me and playfully bumped into me. I couldn't help but smile. We walked down the stairs that led to the sports field and went over to the lawn everyone sitting down. I sat down and crossed my legs. Jimin immediately laid down and put his head in my lap. I was a little surprised, but I wouldn't have complained. Jimin closed his eyes, because the sun was blinding him and I could secretly stare at him thanks to my sunglasses. The others started talking about something and when I engaged in the conversation I automatically started playing around with Jimin's hair. When I looked down I saw him smiling. It was a little distracting to be honest. I couldn't focus on the conversation anymore and started to run my fingers through Jimin's hair. His smile grew brighter and I unintentionally smiled, too.

Hey you two lovebirds, are you listening?” I heard someone say and looked up.

Sorry, what?”

I asked you if you did the essay for English, yet?” they asked.

No, but I did start writing!” I said and we laughed. I started talking to them again and stopped touching Jimin's hair.

Hey, don't stop!” Jimin said in a cute tone and the others laughed.

A little needy today?” one of them asked, but Jimin didn't answer and just smiled when I started playing with his hair again. None of them knew that my stomach was filled with butterflies flying in chaos.