Destiny?!

Push and Pull

author-note: Hey Guys! This chapter is only V-Hope, because the last one was almost only Jikook and I'm still working on their next part. Hope you still like it :) Comment and Subscribe!

PS: I used the word 'tablemate'...I know that's not a real word xD but I think you know what I mean.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Taehyung's POV

I didn't want to get up. I didn't want to face Hoseok. We hadn't cleared anything like I wanted to, so I was quite sure he'd just go on as always and push me to my limits with his comments and his teasing. But I also didn't want to hide from him. I didn't want to seem weak. So I had to get up and go to school, although there was nothing really waiting there for me. Sure I had my friends. But everyday without my boyfriend seemed to embrace everything in a shade of grey.

 

Hoseok's POV

I was sitting on a table with my squad around me. School bell hadn't rung yet and some pupils weren't there yet either. Including Taehyung. He wasn't there, yet, although he was usually one of the people that were there quite early. I wasn't exactly worried. It just troubled me....okay, maybe I was worried. My friends were talking about something, but I could barely listen. Then the door opened and my attention was automatically drawn to it. Taehyung entered the room looking down. The moment felt like slow motion. He looked so sad as if he wanted to isolate himself somewhere and I didn't like it. My mouth had automatically opened to throw out my usual comments, maybe only to get his attention. But nothing came out, when he lifted his head and our eyes met. He sent me a fierce gaze while he was walking to his seat and it left me speechless how those sad eyes turned so strong and charismatic in just a second. When my head went back to reality, I realized that my whole squad and a few other people were staring at me. They had probably all expected me to bully Taehyung as always and I had a feeling that I had been staring at him just as stupidly as they were staring at me, now. I closed my still halfway open mouth, looked at my boys, said: "What?" and sat down on my chair instead of the table that had only drawn extra attention to me.

"Nothing." they said or rather muttered while still looking at me with those eyes as if they had just seen a miracle. I felt a little embarrassed and started to occupy myself with my phone until the teacher entered the room and shut the door behind him.

"Good Morning everyone!" the teacher exclaimed. The class lazily mumbled a response like they were mentally still in the holidays.

"Some other teachers and me talked about an idea and we decided to try it out in our main classes. I know that's rather something that would be done during the middle school grades, but we decided to make up seating arrangements and for example make pupils with some school troubles sit next to the rather good pupils."

The whole class groaned in annoyance.

"Are we in 6th grade or something? Seriously!" I heard some people whisper. I wasn't really excited either. But at least it wouldn't be in every class, but only in the main classes.

"I'll announce your tablemates now. You can choose a table yourself."

He started to announce the partners and I was already halfway zoned-out with my head on my arms when I heard him say: "Jung Hoseok and Kim Taehyung."

My head popped up and I looked at my teacher shocked. Then my eyes wandered to Taehyung who seemed to sigh and bury his face in his hands.

Everyone got up and found his new partner so I took my backpack and approached his table. When I arrived he turned to me with a totally demotivated expression on his face.

"Do you just want to sit here next to me or do you want to search for another table?" he asked me. He was sitting at a table right at the window at around the middle of the classroom.

"No, it's fine. I'll just sit here." I answered and sat down next to him. Then there was silence between us again, although the rest of the classroom wasn't silent at all, because everyone was still searching for their seat in a chaotic manner. I started to unpack some things for the lesson just to have something to do.

 

Taehyung's POV

'Could my destiny be worse?' I thought when the teacher had announced us as partners. School had just gotten a whole lot more of a torture. Why did they have to put him next to me?! Him of all people! Now I was gonna sit next to my own personal bully. Not in every class, fortunately, but it was still a bother. But I was still a little confused about the situation this morning. Normally when I'd enter the room, he'd welcome me with one of his nasty comments. But today he said nothing. He was just weirdly staring at me.

Then the actual lesson began and I tried my best to avert my attention away from Hoseok and to the teacher. Hoseok seemed like a total slob. He had no idea where he had put anything. He was constantly searching for his notes and his homework. It was almost funny to watch. At some point the teacher wanted to check the homework and because there wasn't much time left and he wanted to get it over with, he said that each person would say one of the math results. It started at the first row at the right side of the classroom and Hoseok got more and more nervous. I had to restrain my laughter. I quickly calculated in my head which exercise's result Hoseok would have to say when it'd be his turn. I inconspicuously nudged him. He looked at me surprised. I pushed my notes closer to him and pointed at the result he'd have to say. His eyes went even wider. I pulled my notes back to me.

"Hoseok. It's your turn." the teacher said. Hoseok acted like he was looking at his notes and then exclaimed the right answer and it moved on.

When the bell rang, we started to pack our things. I was faster than Hoseok and already got up. He then grabbed my wrist and said:

"Wait!"

He was still sitting. I looked down at him and he looked up into my eyes. His eyes looked...sincere. But that was a weird thing to think. It was Hoseok. After all he'd done to me, I couldn't believe in something like that. We stared at each other for a moment, before he cleared his throat and silently said: “Thank you.”

"Don't let it become a habit." I answered and then left for my next class.