Closer

Push and Pull

author-note:

Hello my beloved readers,

I apologize for taking so long to update, but I had a couple mental breakdowns the last few days and couldn't think straight. First reason was that I had drunk too much and made a few decisions that I kind of regret. Seriously I could write a whole book of fanfiction based on my stupid life. I tried to write, but I couldn't focus on Jikook's and Vhope's (love-)lives, because I had to deal with my own.

Second reason was/is that I feel totally on edge, because my vocational school is stressing me to death right now.

Anyway, I'll stop ranting about my horrible private life now. Here's the next chapter. I know the Jikook part is a bit short, but I'm planning to make up for that in the next chapters. I hope you like it. Please comment and subscribe :) I love you all <3

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Taehyung's POV

We joked around a lot at first, splashing water at each other and trying to dunk the other. After a while we actually swam a bunch of laps while talking about this and that. We then got out of the water and walked towards the diving platform. Hoseok playfully bumped against me as he said:

I bet I can jump further than you!”

I smirked at him as I said: “Keep dreaming!”

He looked at me and smiled as he answered: “We'll see.”

We got on the diving platform and went on a higher one. After we both jumped and resurfaced, Hoseok said: “See! I went further!”

Bull!” I answered and we swam to the side to get back out of the water.

Let's do a rematch!” I added. Hoseok smirked in a way I hadn't seen him do it before as he simultaneously raised an eyebrow.

Alright! But don't cry if you lose again.” he said.

Shut up!” I answered with a smile and playfully hit his shoulder as we walked to the diving platform again. We jumped a few more times and then swam to the side to take a break. We both crossed our arms on the edge of the swimming pool and let our heads rest on them for a moment. After a few seconds I turned my head to the side to face him and saw that he was already doing the same. We just looked at each other. His face looked so incredibly close I felt like I could see so many more details of it than usual and he looked like he was somehow thinking the same, because I could see his eyes roam around my face. It instantly made me feel a little shy and nervous.

Are you feeling better?” he suddenly asked and his eyes wandered back to mine. I thought about it for a moment and then smiled a little.

Yes.”

Hoseok smiled slightly, too.

Thank you.” I then said.

For what?” he asked and looked clueless.

For distracting me.”

He then just stared at me for a moment.

I don't like seeing you sad.” he then said and reached over one of his hands to carefully push my bangs out of my face. A sudden wave of flashbacks flood me reminding me of so many moments when Hoseok had somehow been the reason and fuel for me being sad and I felt a little overwhelmed. I pushed myself off the edge and started swimming. I heard him follow me.

Are you okay?” I heard him ask from behind with an uncertain tone in his voice.

Yeah, I just felt like swimming another lap.” I said and did exactly that without waiting for an answer from him. I needed a second to calm down and remind myself that all those bad moments were in the past now. I just couldn't easily forget them.

When I swam back I saw Hoseok leaning against the side and looking at me. I swam towards him while avoiding his eyes and then leaned against the side next to him.

Let's go try the water slides.” Hoseok said as he turned to me. I took a breath and nodded. We both hopped out of the pool and went over to the water slides.

The first time we both slid down seperately, but when we got back to the top to try the second one and I sat down getting ready, I suddenly saw two legs left and right of me as Hoseok scooted closer behind me to slide with me. I felt his hands wander to my side carefully holding me and I got goosebumps.

Let's go!” he said and pushed us forward. When we rushed forward and gained speed, his arms slid around my torso holding onto me. It was fun. We both laughed. I leaned back slightly and felt his muscular upper body press against my back. It felt kind of nice.

 

Hoseok's POV

We both shot out of the slide and splashed into the water. I instinctively let go of him, so that we wouldn't hurt each other or something. We both surfaced and Taehyung pushed his wet hair out of his face smiling so brightly that I could only smile, too. We laughed and walked back out of the water.

Next round?” Taehyung asked and bumped against me.

Sure.” I said and we went back to the top.

 

 

A few hours later we went to the lockers to get shampoo, shower gel and towels and then went to the communal showers to wash off the chlorine. Taehyung chose a shower head in the corner and I took the one on the opposite side. At first we were turned to each other as we our showers lazily letting the water flow over our bodies. I turned the water warm and closed my eyes relaxing for a moment. When I opened my eyes again, I saw Taehyung grabbing the waistband of his swimming trunks about to take them off and I turned around to the wall as subtle as I could as I tried to calm my suddenly faster heartbeat. I then took my trunks off, too.

'We're just male friends, this is no problem. This is normal.' I tried to tell myself as I put my crumpled trunks aside and took some of the shower gel spreading it on my body to get this over with as fast as possible trying not to think about what Taehyung was doing behind me on the other side. I washed it off and then put shampoo on my hair. When I rinsed it off I couldn't control my curiosity anymore and dared to turn around. I hadn't been prepared for the sight. Taehyung was standing with his back towards me, and his hands were roaming over his beautiful tanned skin as he washed off his shower gel. My eyes wandered from his muscly upper back lower over the curve of his back to the firm round cheeks of his and suddenly images of my dream popped into my mind again.

'Oh God.' were the only words my mind could form as a series of inappropriate scenes played in my head. I quickly turned around again pushing my hands against the tiles on the wall taking a few deep calming breaths while letting the water wash away the rest of the shampoo.

 

Taehyung's POV

I kept feeling eyes on me as I showered with my back turned to Hoseok, I just wasn't sure if I was imagining it or not, but it still made me feel a little nervous. I kept wondering about it and picked up the courage to look over my shoulder, but Hoseok was turned away from me, too. I couldn't stop my eyes from lingering for a moment, though. Hoseok was pressing his palms against the tiles and I saw the muscles of his back move as he breathed in and out. It looked incredibly y. I couldn't even really tell why. I must've been going crazy. My eyes wandered lower and sneaked a glance at his beautiful firm , before I abruptly turned away again to scold myself.

'I'm just ually frustrated. That's all.' I told myself over and over again trying to convince myself that this had nothing to do with Hoseok himself.

A few moments later I heard Hoseok turn off his shower. I kept my eyes forward and heard him shuffle around.

I'll go ahead. See you outside.” he said.

Mh-hm.” was all I brought out as an answer, before I heard the door open and close. I finished shortly afterwards and wrapped the towel around my waist. I took my stuff and went to the lockers to get my bag and my clothes. I then went into one of the dressing rooms to dry myself and put on my clothes.

When I was done I went to the hairdryers to dry my hair a little. It was already autumn and I didn't want to catch a cold. Hoseok was there, too drying his hair. We exchanged a quick glance and small smiles and then both dried our hair in silence.

When we stepped outside, Hoseok spoke up.

Do you want to come over to my place and just hang out for a bit more, maybe watch a movie and eat something?” he said. I was surprised at his suggestion, but it also made me secretly a little happy.

Sure.” I said and we walked to the bus station.

 

Hoseok's POV

I didn't even really know why I suggested it, I just kind of wanted to spend some more time with him. I didn't want the day to end, yet.

We walked to the bus station and waited for a bus to drive to my neighbourhood. It was a bit chilly outside, so we both sighed in relief when the bus finally came. We sat next to each other at the back of the bus. Taehyung fished out his phone and his earphones and held one out to me. I smiled and wordlessly took it. He plugged them in and then handed me his phone, the way I had done that time when we listened to music on his bed.

You choose.” he said. I was a bit surprised, but took his phone and started scrolling through his music files.

You should feel flattered, I don't just let anyone look through my music.” he added and smirked. I smiled back at him and chose a song. We both started to slightly lip-sync to the lyrics.

 

Taehyung's POV

We entered Hoseok's house together and took off our shoes.The house seemed to be as big and spacious as it looked from the outside.

God, am I hungry!” Hoseok exclaimed and motioned for me to follow him. I did and we stepped into a big kitchen. Hoseok immediately went to the fridge and rummaged through it.

Let's cook something.” he said.

Okay.” I agreed and stood next to him.

 

 

About twenty minutes later Hoseok was standing at the stove cooking while dancing to the music we had put on and I was standing a few meters next to him at a workplate cutting vegetables. I looked at him as he made silly dance moves and had to laugh. I joined him and we shouted along to the lyrics.

 

 

We plopped down on the huge couch with our plates full of food. Hoseok the TV. I sat cross-legged and put a bit of the food on my fork. Hoseok sat down next to me. I blew on it a little to cool it down and then ate it.

Hmmm! It's good.” I said.

Of course it's good, I cooked it.” he said and I snorted. We then ate while watching TV. When we were done we put the plates on the coffee table and leaned back into the couch spreading out our legs. I guess we were both quite tired from swimming. I snuggled into my hoodie and sighed. A question then rushed through my head.

By the way, where are your parents?” I asked and looked over at him.

They're gone for the weekend.” Hoseok answered while still looking at the TV. He didn't look like he felt very comfortable talking about them, so I dropped the topic. It was silent for a while.

Taehyung?” Hoseok then suddenly said.

Mhm?” I lazily mumbled.

Was he the first boy you kissed?” he then asked and threw me completely off-guard.

What?” I asked perplexed and looked over at him.

Your ex...I mean...was he the first boy you kissed?”

No.” I answered as I looked back at the TV. It was quiet for another moment.

Have you ever kissed a girl before?” he then asked. I was a bit confused where this topic was suddenly coming from.

Uh, yeah, I actually did. I experimented a lot before I came out.” I said.

Is it very different to kiss a boy?” Hoseok asked and I looked at him again. He stared back at me and suddenly it was there again. This weird tension that I couldn't explain. I opened my mouth to say something, but my cellphone started ringing and interrupted me. We broke our eye-contact and I fished out my phone to take the call.

 

 

Jungkook's POV

The day with Jin was great. He explained to me what I had missed in school and distracted me a lot. I hardly thought about Jimin and was very thankful for it, but in the evening when I went home I felt Jimin return to my thoughts. The closer I got to Monday morning the more he occupied my mind. I was kind of nervous to see him again, although there was no logical explanation for it. Everything would be as always. Nothing had changed. For him.

For me, though, it felt like my whole world had been turned upside down, but he didn't know and I had to deal with it somehow. I just didn't know how.

 

 

Jungkook!” Jimin called out as he ran ahead towards the sea. The sun was shining down on us warmly. He then turned around with a bright smile on his face. Bangs were falling into his face. His eyes almost disappeared as he smiled, but they were still kind of sparkling and his white teeth were showing.

Come on!” he said and reached out his hand to me. I took it and he giggled. The sound echoed through my heart. He then ran towards the sea again pulling me with him. We stumbled into the water that was coming and going with the waves. I felt the water surround my legs. It felt nice. Jimin was still holding onto my hand trying to pull me further into the water. He managed to pull me a bit deeper into the waves until the water was up to our hips. The water was rather cold, but it didn't matter, because the sun was warm and pleasant on my skin. He tried again to pull me further with him, but I resisted and pulled him back to me. He bumped into me and I automatically put my arm around his waist to hold him. Jimin's hand freed mine and slid up my arm leaving a trail of goosebumps behind as his other hand slid up my chest. My breath got caught in my throat. He then looked up into my eyes. He was so close.

I opened my mouth to tell him. Everything. How I felt about him, how much he meant to me and that I wanted him to always stay this close to me, but nothing came out. Jimin slid his arms around my neck and mine wrapped tighter around his waist pulling him closer.

Jungkook...” he whispered and it was the most beautiful sound I had ever heard. My heart was thumping hard against my chest in a steady rhythm as I anticipated his next words.

I...”

 

BEEP. BEEP. BEEP.

When my alarm pulled me out of my sleep I was a bit perplexed. I turned off the annyoing sound and took in my surroundings. No sea. No Jimin. Just my room.

I let out a heavy sigh and let myself fall back into the mattress. I was happy to go back to school, because being sick at home had been boring as hell, but I just wasn't sure how I would feel seeing Cara or Jimin. Especially Jimin.

I shoved my blanket away and got up.

 

 

I didn't see Jimin during the first two periods, because we had different classes and when I stepped into the yard during the first break I couldn't spot him either and felt a weird mix of feelings. Was he not in school? Where was he? Was he okay?

I then walked over to some of my friends and stood with them. I engaged in their conversation and was immersed in it, so I startled a little when I felt two hands slide around my waist and I felt a head on my shoulder. I thought of Jin first, but the person's way of touching me was different.

Hey~” I heard Jimin's soft voice say silently. I couldn't stop myself from turning my head to see that it was really him. He turned his head towards me, too and smiled gently.

Hey.” I croaked out not really knowing how I should act. Should I let this happen? Or should I push him away?

How are you?”

Fine. Much better. You?” I answered.

Fine, too.” he said and smiled a little wider at me. I turned my head forward again and Jimin snuggled his head against my shoulder.

I missed you...” Jimin then suddenly whispered and my heart skipped a beat. I put my hands over his hesitatingly his skin as I whispered: “I missed you, too.”