Togetherness

Push and Pull

Jungkook's POV

I asked my parents if Jimin could sleep over and they had nothing against it, so Jimin called his own parents to tell them about it and then we helped my mother bring the spare mattress into my room just for the facade, although we both knew that it would remain unused.

Afterwards we decided to just laze around and watch a tv series together as we ate some of the cookies we had baked. Jimin got more and more tired and leaned his head on my shoulder snuggling up to my side and I felt myself smiling. I lifted my arm and put it around him tenderly through his hair. He let out a soft sigh and scooted even closer. After the next episode ended I closed the laptop.

Come on, let's go brush our teeth before you fall asleep on my shoulder.” I said as I pulled away to get up. Jimin grumbled. I couldn't suppress another smile as I grabbed his arms and pulled him up. He whined, but followed me all the way to the bathroom. I then closed the door behind him and gave him a new toothbrush. He started to lazily brush his teeth and leaned against me. I chuckled and put one arm around him to support him as we brushed our teeth. I let my hand wander up his back and then to his hair it again. I saw Jimin closing his eyes through the mirror and he really looked like he was gonna fall asleep, so I pulled my hand away and concentrated on brushing my teeth again. He complained a little and I chuckled, because he was just incredibly cute when he was tired. Soon we finished and both peed before going back to my room. Jimin grabbed the pillow and the blanket from the mattress on the floor and placed it next to mine on my bed before climbing on it already settling in. I turned off the light and crawled next to him. Jimin was lying on his back and I turned sideways. I then tenderly pulled his face sideways by his chin and leaned down over him to softly kiss him.

Good night.” I whispered. Jimin slid one arm around my neck to pull me into another peck before he answered: “Good night.”

He then also turned sideways with his back towards me and I pulled him into my arms sliding them around his waist loosely resting on his tummy as I snuggled up against him. I heard him release a pleased sigh and smiled to myself. I then placed another kiss on his head and lazily rubbed my hand over his belly. I listened to his breathing becoming slower and more even until I was sure he had fallen asleep. Then I leaned my head on his warm back and relaxed, too.

 

 

Although we woke up rather early Jimin and I just lazed around in bed for a few more hours talking about Christmas and the upcoming exams. Jimin's head was lying on my chest and he was snuggled up against my side.

What about New Year's Eve? Do you have any plans, yet? I thought maybe we could go to the annual party at the river.” I asked hopefully as I slid my fingertips up and down his back. He sighed and wrapped his arm tighter around my waist.

We're gonna visit some family a few days earlier and we'll probably stay there until New Year.” he said.

Oh, okay...” I answered and tried to mask the disappointment in my voice.

I'm starting to get hungry, let's go eat breakfast.” I then said and sat up. I threw Jimin a pair of socks and put some on, too. When I opened my curtains I startled a little.

Jimin, it's snowing!” I said excitedly.

What?!” he exclaimed and came to stand next to me. The snow had already started to gather on the ground.

If it stays like that, maybe we could call the others later and meet up for a snowball fight.” Jimin said.

That would be awesome!” I said. We then took turns going to the bathroom and then walked to the kitchen to eat breakfast. My mum seemed to have made scrambled eggs and bacon.

Wow that looks delicious!” Jimin said and I started to take out plates and stuff we needed. Jimin knew our kitchen quite well by now and helped me. His hair was still messy from sleeping, so I ruffled it and chuckled.

Hey.” he complained, but it lacked any force.

What? It looks cute.” I said and Jimin turned to me.

Shut up.” he said and smiled as he leaned in for a quick kiss. My heart fluttered and when he pulled away I slid my arms around his waist to pull him back in for another sweet kiss, but then I heard footsteps and we quickly parted making ourselves busy. A few moments later my dad entered the kitchen.

Oh, Good morning boys.” he said and smiled slightly.

Morning, Dad.” I said, but I felt a little embarrassed and looked somewhere else. If he had arrived a second earlier he might've seen us.

Good Morning.” Jimin said cheerfully. My Dad just poured himself some coffee and then left again. When he was gone Jimin suddenly spoke up.

Do you...plan on telling them...?” he asked.

I don't know...I think so...sometime I will...but right now I'm a little too afraid of it.” I said and laughed a little nervously.

What about you?” I then asked.

I feel similar. I want to do it, too, but just not yet.” he answered.

Let's just do it when we're both ready, okay?” I said and looked at him seriously.

Yes.” Jimin replied and smiled. It felt like it took all of my worries away.

 

 

Later that day we met up with a few mutual friends in a park to have a snowball fight. It was fun and I felt like everyone was getting used to us being a couple now. Everything got more natural and more comfortable. I wondered why I had ever worried about this at all. And I hoped that it would last. I hoped so bad that it would last...

Towards the evening everyone went their separate ways and I brought Jimin home. We rode the bus to his neighborhood secretly holding hands and then I walked him to his front door. We both looked around making sure no one seemed to be looking before Jimin slid his arms around my neck and kissed me. I pulled him closer by the waist and eagerly kissed him back. Although it was cold outside, his lips felt hot against mine. I deepened the kiss just a little and Jimin sighed and pulled me closer. We kissed for a while, slow and tender. I had no idea how long we had stood there until we pulled apart. I looked down at Jimin's lips that were a little red from the kiss and my heart skipped a beat when our eyes met.

I miss you already...” I whispered and hugged him. I heard him giggle as he reponded to my hug and then we pulled apart again.

Goodbye~” he aspirated and slowly let go of my hand. I stayed until he had closed the door and then I turned around walking back to the bus stop with a smile on my face.

 

 

Taehyung's POV

Come on.” I said as I got up from the bed. “Let's go downstairs and eat breakfast.”

I walked to my cupboard and pulled out two shirts throwing one at Hoseok.

Can I brush my teeth first? I feel like I reek of alcohol like I'm a walking cocktail bar.” Hoseok said as he put on the shirt and I laughed as I put mine on, too.

Sure.” I said and explained to him where he would find a spare toothbrush. We then left my room and separated. Hoseok went to the bathroom and I walked downstairs to take care of breakfast. I yawned as I entered the kitchen and opened the fridge. After thinking for a moment I decided to make some pancakes. One of the very few meals that I could manage to cook without burning down the kitchen. I took out the supplies I needed and some other things to eat placing them on the small table in the kitchen before I prepared the dough for the pancakes. When I was heating up the pan I heard footsteps on the stairs and when I turned around I saw Hoseok walking into the kitchen. His hair didn't look as chaotic anymore and he looked more awake now.

Oh, you saved your hair.” I said as I turned back to the stove.

Yeah, it was a fight, but I won. You messed it up pretty bad.” he said and I blushed a little.

Sorry...” I said a little flustered and a moment later I felt two arms slide around my waist.

I'm not complaining...” he whispered and my heart fluttered. I tried to focus on the pancakes, but it wasn't exactly easy when Hoseok rested his chin on my shoulder and spread his warmth onto me.

How about you get the plates and stuff?” I said.

Am I making you uncomfortable?” he asked mischievously and I could literally hear him smirk.

No, I just need some space to cook. Do you want burned pancakes?” I .

Alright, alright.” he said and let go of me. I secretly immediately missed the contact, but I really needed to concentrate. Hoseok prepared the table and gave me a plate to put the finished pancakes on.

Wanna see me throw'em in the air?” I asked and raised an eyebrow.

Sure, go ahead, but I'm gonna laugh if you drop it, just so you know.”

Shut up.” I said and stepped back a little. I then proudly threw the pancake in the air to flip it and caught it with the pan again before putting it back on the stove.

See?” I said and cockily smirked at him. He returned the smirk and approached me again. He came to stand next to me and stole a piece from one of the finished pancakes to eat it.

Hey!” I said.

What? I need to test if this is even eatable.” he said and I playfully punched him. He then removed another little piece of it and held it out to me. My hands were occupied so I leaned over and captured it with my mouth. When I looked up our eyes met and for a moment I completely forgot about everything else. I felt the urge to just step forward and kiss him, but then a little voice in my head reminded me that the pancake would get burned, so I looked away and tried to calm my heart.

 

 

After breakfast we went back upstairs and Hoseok gathered his stuff. I felt a litle pang of disappointment.

I think I should go now. I still have to study and stuff.” he said and I nodded. We then walked downstairs and he put on his shoes.

When...will I see you again?” I asked nervously and looked down.

I think I need some time right now, to think about what I feel and what I want and what this is...but I promise that I'll contact you as soon as I've sorted this out...okay?” he said.

Okay.” I said and looked up. A moment later we were hugging. I grasped him tightly and buried my face in his shoulder. I really didn't want him to go, but he was right. He should get a clear head first and then think about this. I understood. I had been through this whole thing before and I could imagine how confusing it must be for him. After a while we both pulled back a little, but didn't fully let go of each other, yet. Our eyes met and it suddenly felt incredibly hard to breathe.

I wanna kiss you so bad right now...” Hoseok suddenly whispered. I felt my heart jumping in my chest and his intense gaze made me blush hard.

Why don't you just do it?” I whispered back. He closed his eyes and bit his lip making my heart beat even faster.

It's not a good idea...” he said.

I know...” I answered and looked down as I reluctantly pulled away. He opened his eyes again and we both sighed.

Goodbye.”

Goodbye.”

For a moment none of us moved. Then he turned around and left. I was already missing him.